Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

H to F swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H to F swap

So I've been having my h22a swap for years now and well, I love it! But I have the H tranny, wat r some benefits of the F tranny.
    VTEC DUDE!!!!!!!

Slower
    wat?

Comment

better mpg thats it
      UNDERGROUND SOCIETY
      NEW COUPE MEMBERS RIDE THREAD COMMING SOON

Comment

longer gears? more power?

Hmmm?
        VTEC DUDE!!!!!!!

Comment

shorter gears = faster acceleration

Comment

Better highway pulls. and you shift later so you might be able to get the jump on someone who has much shorter gears in 1st and 2nd but a huge 3rd.

also price is a factor. F trannies are not uncommon and don't cost much at all.

Wanna trade?

Comment

As said fuel economy and longer gearing.
              3 CB's gone....
              1 WK Overland....

Still miss the CB though......maybe one day.

Comment

i do way too much highway driving to be revving that high , it's not much but a few hundred rpm seems to help
                96 Accord SiR driveline installed. CF2 donar

Comment

people seem to forget that shorter gearing also means more tq....
                  Retired 1990 Accord LX Coupe
                  Project 240SX
                  Originally posted by chillin943
                  anyone kno if i can just make a hot wire for v-tec off the horn??
                  Vouches: Bought from: smseagren83, phatdoughnut, uk - accord, lucid, iamnemo, accord_inspire, 2point6, chopstickz, djcaz_aom, rosko

Comment

Originally posted by blackice View Post
                    people seem to forget that shorter gearing also means more tq....
                    True.

I would also like to point out that (Driven Normally)I get about 445mi. a tank. (M2A4 tranny)

(I guess that might contradict my point? )
                    3 CB's gone....
                    1 WK Overland....

Still miss the CB though......maybe one day.

Comment

Originally posted by 91Accord-LX View Post
                      True.

I would also like to point out that (Driven Normally)I get about 445mi. a tank. (M2A4 tranny)

(I guess that might contradict my point? )
                      your tune helps a lot with the mpg also lol
                      Retired 1990 Accord LX Coupe
                      Project 240SX
                      Originally posted by chillin943
                      anyone kno if i can just make a hot wire for v-tec off the horn??
                      Vouches: Bought from: smseagren83, phatdoughnut, uk - accord, lucid, iamnemo, accord_inspire, 2point6, chopstickz, djcaz_aom, rosko

Comment

Originally posted by cb9wagon View Post
                        i do way too much highway driving to be revving that high , it's not much but a few hundred rpm seems to help
                        When you go from an H trans to an F trans, it's more than a few hundred RPM. It drops freeway cruising RPM from about 4K to about 3K. I got about 2MPG increase when I switched to the H2U5 from the M2F4. When gas was $4/G, 2MPG made a difference!
                        Originally posted by Junior Smurff
                        Nevermind guys, google search works wonders!

I don't have road rage, my car just goes faster than yours!

Accords are for winners. And Grandmothers. But mostly winners.

I have grown so Tired of Internet Illiteracy. Please learn proper spelling and grammar. For your sake and that of your children.

Comment

Originally posted by 4GAccordH22 View Post
                          When you go from an H trans to an F trans, it's more than a few hundred RPM. It drops freeway cruising RPM from about 4K to about 3K. I got about 2MPG increase when I switched to the H2U5 from the M2F4. When gas was $4/G, 2MPG made a difference!

sorry i didn't mention i had a wagon transaxle and put a sedan one in, i lost 300 rpm. just under 3k and just over 110kmh
                          96 Accord SiR driveline installed. CF2 donar

Comment

Yea that's true! I get horrible gas mileage! Crusing down the freeway goun 80 its like 4k! But ok. Ill just do this: if my H tranny ever breaks ill switch if not I guess I'm good.(3rd is grindin though,no big deal,lol)
                            VTEC DUDE!!!!!!!

Comment

I just got 25mpg with my h22/h trans..flooring it constantly. With gas prices going back down these days, stick with your h trans til it breaks.
                              To-Do List for Today
                              Be Awesome

Comment

Working...
                              X