Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

can i get an msd 2 step for my car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Never mind the fact that it will be back firing, that'll ruin your cat, resonators and muffler. Modern fuel injected cars aren't supposed to backfire, it fucks shit up.

And it sounds like shit, not cool. A well maintained, well running engine sounds cool.

And another thing, you said on that other forum that you don't race this car, you just show it at car shows. Why are you getting an H22 if this is a show car? Did your F22 blow up somehow?
    1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

Originally posted by jm991700 View Post
      Im trying to understand how a launch control would hurt your engine? IT would cause a valve to open due to irratic holding of rpms. I never heard of that.
      Rev limiter dont damage the engine. READ THIS
      http://www.msdpromag.com/faq.htm#number8

Members Ride thread

Comment

Bee-R ignition system

You can probably use one of these on a automatic car. This basically does the same thing and gives you rediculous shotgun bang sounds + flames.

These sound nasty especially on turbo cars like a evo or sti.....but will still work on N/a cars as well.
        I need a custom turbo manifold built....
        707 NorCal NinjaZ

Honda Twincam Motorwerkz?
        "I am the Yakuza CB7!"
        '92 Accord Sedan SiR

Comment

wow.. im sort of shocked at the conflicting information everyone is posting... A) whoever started this thread. go read. you are so ignorant it is disguisting. the 2 step limiter isnt a fucking fashion statement.

and everyoen yes a proper ign cut 2/3step will cause harm to a turbo and supporting parts that are general wear because during the act you are beating on the motor... a valve isnt going to just stay open. during 2 step to get proper antilag you are retarding timing dramatically and adding fuel. the valve thing mention couldnt possibly happen unless it is 2 high of an rpm and then it would be part of revving the motor with no load... ive had 13 hondas and 2 of them being automatic. owned over 30 motors and can tell you.. i have never blown 1 motor because of 2 step whether it be ign cut through neptune/hondata or fuel cut so since i tune all of my friends also i would assume that it isnt going to Directly blow your motor.. also. i do use 2 step on automatic but it is a very simple reason it is to save the torque converter... sometimes you end up sitting on the lock for awhile... while being boosted 10lbs or so my conveter would go to 3000rpm where it is supposed to lock at 2300rpm. its the extra power. i set 2 step at 2500rpm and let it bounce (lower the 2 wtep depending on the style it makes the bounces inbetween slower. im auto so its more of a erratic roll inbetween 2 rpms...

Superior Tuning Solutions
          Dedspool MFG
          1995 Civic Coupe : A/M F swap
          LOCK.IT.UP

Comment

and technically hondata would work with an auto accord or prelude. plugs in and runs my 91. im running my 90 on a crome chipped p28 and it seems fine...

Superior Tuning Solutions
            Dedspool MFG
            1995 Civic Coupe : A/M F swap
            LOCK.IT.UP

Comment

Originally posted by 92turboaccord View Post
              just buy some fireworks and throw them out when you rev
              or you could always throw some meth in the engine haha
              http://videos.streetfire.net/video/C...-on_387313.htm
              My cb7

h22a
              5-spd lsd
              Lord, grant me the serenity
              to accept the things I cannot change,
              the courage to change the things I can,
              and the wisdom to hide the bodies
              of those people I had to kill because they pissed me off.

Comment

Originally posted by charlie0882004 View Post
                ok i want to do an h22 swap. ima leave my car as an automatic. my question is can i put an msd 2 step on my car? because a friend of mine said tha it might not be good for the distuter and it will make holes in my exhaust etc... then another person tell me that i can do it. anybody have any info. the h22 is going to be stock. i want the 2 step because i like to her the revs bounce. will i be replace parts because of this thing?
                failed!
                Project M3 - http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=157903
                -(B-Pillar Bar Originator)-

Comment

I'd like to say this to the people that are flaming the OP:

STFU!

Just because this isn't the beginner section doesn't mean you should start burning someone for asking a question you think is stupid. There are no stupid questions, only stupid assholes with answers.

SleeperSEDAN - Where is he supposed to go read about this? He's in the most likely place to find the answer. A car forum designed exactly for learning about his car. Telling him to go read and calling his ignorance disgusting is unacceptable. I'm pretty sure Mike wouldn't tell someone to go find the information somewhere else. Just because the guy doesn't know about it doesn't mean you get to insult him.

Just because he likes the sound and not the control, doesn't mean you have to fuck with him. There's a lot of guys putting shit on their car for the wrong reasons. Tell him why he shouldn't do it, but don't make him feel like he's the biggest moron in the world. It only makes you look bad in the long run. I personally feel if you need a launch control, you shouldn't be racing it. You can't manage your right foot well enough to get the car moving? Might as well get an automatic and have another person drive the car down the track. Learn to launch. What do you think we did before computers in our cars and electronic launch controls? We fucking learned to control the accelerator. My first car was an 11.6 second 1970 LeMans. You think it had launch control? I was the fucking launch control. Learn to drive. It's not all foot on the floor and just steer the car. It's a chess game, a matter of control and finesse. Video games and FNF movies are ruining cars for me.
                  Last edited by visualpoet; 02-24-2009, 04:04 PM.

Comment

Don't question SleeperSEDAN, because he knows everything. I mean, GOD, he has owned 30 (thirty) motors! No one else has EVER owned 30 motors! Owning a motor does not mean you know anything about it. Hondata states that their product is not supported in an automatic ECU. If you've made it work, well good for you! It is still not supported and Hondata will tell you that it won't work. Theoretically, any 2-step CAN camage a motor. Fuel-cut creates a lean mixture and ignition-cut creates an overly rich mixture. Either of these CAN damage a motor.

Oh, SleeperSEDAN, your attitude sucks. This isn't Honda-Tech, we are actually nice to each other for the most part and flaming is rare. Unless you bring it upon yourself.
                    Originally posted by Junior Smurff
                    Nevermind guys, google search works wonders!

I don't have road rage, my car just goes faster than yours!

Accords are for winners. And Grandmothers. But mostly winners.

I have grown so Tired of Internet Illiteracy. Please learn proper spelling and grammar. For your sake and that of your children.

Comment

Bee*R vids

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-M6IT...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDPEFeGtYBE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ej8lU...eature=related
                      I need a custom turbo manifold built....
                      707 NorCal NinjaZ

Honda Twincam Motorwerkz?
                      "I am the Yakuza CB7!"
                      '92 Accord Sedan SiR

Comment

This is regyarding the bee-r rev limiter. people is saying that the ignition cut off will be bad because the car would be running rich. But wouldn't it run rich only when I rev it? Also I hear that it it cleans the oil around the pistions. But wouldn't the pistions build up more oil around them as I drive? I wasn't going to rev it like crazy but maybe evryother day. Also if I set it. @ a low rpm will that chane how my automatic will shift? Or will it only kick in when I rev my car?
                        我愛我的本田

Comment

Working...
                        X