Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

CB7 Modification help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CB7 Modification help

Heres the deal guys and gals,

I know this is one of the oldest and dumbest questions but I got to ask it.

I love my 4th gen accord coupe and I despise driving a manual car.

so.....

What can be done to my accord while still keeping it auto to hit hopefully high to mid 11's? (whatch everyone flame me like mad for this one LOL)

I heard and read up on engine swaps and special transmission rebuilt.
    I do have a budget, but its really really high, I just want to have a fast auto accord, thats it just for my enjoyment.

if you would email me some info, such as links, parts, to my email serobzetilyan@yahoo.com. thanking you ahead of time and signing off -serob

You gotta have deeeeeeeep pockets alot of patience and knowladge of how to use the search function. Good luck man

My Ride
    myspace

Comment

Originally posted by 90AccordSiR
      You gotta have deeeeeeeep pockets alot of patience and knowladge of how to use the search function. Good luck man
      LMAO...wow that's a lesson learned. But yeah i think that was covered already.

Comment

umm auto? umm dude umm your going to need these

f20b vetc swap

t3/t4 turbo setup

complete built engine

and bid ass mother fuckin shot of nos

and ALOT of psi

you bettert make dure you build that fuckin block or that fucker is dead

Dynamic racing

Look out for 4 point cb7 strut bars for dohc!!!

Originally posted by deevergote
        bleh... i just put like 5 ounces of vodka in a 12 oz cup of mango iced tea...

Comment

p.s. you need a h22a auto trans at least

If you run 11's ill pay you 1k

Dynamic racing

Look out for 4 point cb7 strut bars for dohc!!!

Originally posted by deevergote
          bleh... i just put like 5 ounces of vodka in a 12 oz cup of mango iced tea...

Comment

I tryed the searching--- it is a great help, but all is concentrated on building power building power and very few articles of reducing weight.

I experimented and removed every unnecessary piece of equiptment from the car including windows, windshield, complete interior with dash.

what I want to know if there are carbon fiber, or other lightweight alloy parts for the honda accord, such as doors,hood, trunk, floor board, plastic windows, fenders, bumpers etc etc and any lighter then usual engine, drivetrain, suspension parts.

if im not mistaken, and that depends on the weight of the engine aand its mods, I can put together a very street legal looking and street operational and somewhat safe accord that only weighs in at 2080-2100 lbs.(thats with all the replaced parts roughly weiight calculated to what they would be if there were)

so with a good engine(lightweight performer being the key) i think it should be possible.
            Last edited by Pasamonster; 06-25-2005, 04:25 AM.

Comment

nothing wrong if you want to keep the auto tranny. as you know, you'll need more than just a stock tranny.

www.levelten.com

they have a reputation of building/re-building auto-trannies for high-hp vehicles.
              5.6L V8 32V DOHC
              JDM HERITAGE - US BUILT

Comment

h22 type s with the h22 auto lsd tranny and lotsa mods. and lotsa $$$$ on tires and getting ur power to the ground for 11s

Comment

Originally posted by SteveB
                  Don't run 11's with a "somewhat" safe car.
                  LMAO. Very true, plus you may not even be track legal with a somewhat safe car. I just wondering how to get a car to loose 600lbs and still be legal...

Comment

There are companies that produce carbon fibre hoods, fenders, trunk lids, lightweight axles, etc. But you definatley need a lot of power, torque, traction and a strong ass tranny, If my buddys auto blows up from simple street racing(all stock) yours wont last 1sec with +400whp!

WaC!

Comment

put that idea in the recycle bin and save yourself time, money, and frustration
                      H Twenty Twizzle

Comment

No, I say go for it. Just take the time for research to make a plan of attack. If you really have a high budget it can be done. Shoot for smaller goals first. I'll give you me left hand if you hit 11's. If you want to go that fast, I say scrap being street legal. You'll need a rollcage anyways if you make it there.
                        But talking about weight savings, isn't a manual lighter? And then there's the feeling when you put in a lightened flywheel.
                        Metal Metal and more Metal!!!

How much does your wheel/tire combo weigh? Post here!
                        -=Suicide Crew Member #1 (only member so far)=-
                        MY RIDE

"I was hoping the Wolverine would finger one of those Japanese girls and then extend a claw into her b hole just for fun, BUT that never happened and I was extremely unsatisfied with the movie because of it." -Macaqueistrong

Comment

Even tho a NA beast is a lot more interesting, you will need forced induction most definitely. You'll need highly tuned engine management. I think with enough weight reduction you may be able to get away without spray.

I agree with the idea of not making it street legal. It may give you a little more leeway as far as getting those numbers, at the expense of giving up the coolness factor of driving it on the street.

You'll need a motor similar to AccordSIR's motor, maybe evne with more boost. Again, if you're not street legal having a motor that won't idle well isn't an issue so you should be able to go with more radical cams.

I do see the transmission as a weak spot. Do they make high hp torque converters for honda engines? You'll also need to upgrade to higher hp rated axles, perhaps of the cryo-frozen type.

I apologize for speaking in generalities.

Comment

Working...
                          X