Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

RS*R Exmag discontinued

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RS*R Exmag discontinued

So I heard that RS*R has discontinued their Exmag exhaust. Anyone got one for a cb7 for sale, lol. Also has anyone tried the Greddy SP2 for the cb7 yet?

Did you hear that directly from RS*R?
    The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

What Is The Diameter Of Pipe On The Rsr Systems? I'm Looking For A 2.5 Inch Pipe, Thanks!

Comment

They are 60MM which works out to about 2.33". That is most likely inside diameter.

Just about 1/2 way between 2.25 and 2.5".

Also, as far as I can tell, RS*R has NOT been discontinued.

I will verify with them though.

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit
          They are 60MM which works out to about 2.33". That is most likely inside diameter.

Just about 1/2 way between 2.25 and 2.5".

Also, as far as I can tell, RS*R has NOT been discontinued.

I will verify with them though.
          Actually, I think most JDM companies use 60 mm piping for their exhaust.

I know my Apex'i World Sport is 60 mm, and I'm pretty sure the Greddy SP2 is 60 mm as well.

Comment

yep this is true. they use 60mm on N/A applications but some up to 90mm for turbo applications.
            1cor10:31
            - 92 LX coupe
            - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

word then my 60mm exhaust is maaaaaaaaaaaad JDM >< lol

-sean
              Members ride 15.927 @ 86.76 (f22a1)

Hit the clutch Hit the gear Hit the gas and i'm GONE>>>
              Arcadia Green Crew #10

Comment

Originally posted by AccordWarrior
                Actually, I think most JDM companies use 60 mm piping for their exhaust.

I know my Apex'i World Sport is 60 mm, and I'm pretty sure the Greddy SP2 is 60 mm as well.

I think I agree

But beware. Some like HKS have been known to use 50MM where others are using 60MM. The size is normally listed in the product specs on the companies site.

I am sure that it is because it is a nice common, well rounded size for NA. RS*R turbo apps mostly feature 80MM from what I can see, which is also common with all the commonly known manufacturers.

Apex'i has some turbo application exceptions such as SAAB and the EVO VIII, but for the most part, 60MM is standard NA and 80MM is standard turbo.

But Greddy, Apex, RS*R, Fujitsubo, and most of the others do seem to use 60MM on our apps.
                Last edited by owequitit; 07-17-2006, 06:03 PM.

Comment

discontinued?!!!!

I love my Exmag...too bad for those who want to buy one...good for those who want to sell one.
                  DEVOTE

Comment

i don't think the ex-mags are disc. .. i think the old full stainless steel ones were disc.(the one i got ) .. but now they have a blasted black ex-mag .. the canister is black ..but still the same signature RS*R tip.
                    -:¦:-
                    Originally posted by wed3k
                    i rep cb7tuner all day, everyday. people say, "fuck y0 honda." and i say, "bitch, please."

Comment

Originally posted by TheNextAZN
                      i don't think the ex-mags are disc. .. i think the old full stainless steel ones were disc.(the one i got ) .. but now they have a blasted black ex-mag .. the canister is black ..but still the same signature RS*R tip.

The fully polished ones were discontinued when they quit importing to the states in 99.

I got the last fully polished one in the states brand new.

It is still there to this day.

Comment

i have one of the black ones... basically its all SS just jet coated black...

To see my car click here

Bordeaux Red Crew #8

Comment

Originally posted by quakerjoe
                          i have one of the black ones... basically its all SS just jet coated black...

Yeah, they didn't actually change the construction any, I guess they just decided to make it more stealthy.

Interestingly, the original polished ones had that same black coating on the pipe up to the axle, and then the axle back portion was polished.

Comment

Go to www.turboimport.com . They had the best prices on RS*R ex-mag, i bought one for my gf's civic awhile back. But according to them, as of 6/8/06 RS*R has discontinued the ex-mag, and turboimport has sold all of their last ex-mags except for a few for the 94-97 accord. I was going to purchase an an ex-mag sytem for my cb7, but then i found this out so i might have to go with SP2 unless i can find someone that has an ex-mag for sale.

Comment

Umm as far as I know they are not discontinued. I was going to get one, but plans changed, and now I won't be getting one. But yeah there still about 550$ shipped.

My Official Vouch Thread

MY For Sale Thread!!!

Recent Members Sold To:
                              ALOW1, TheNextAZN

Members Sold To (Vouches):
                              ALOW1, Phempa, hpaccord91, aznsyco84, 93EXaesthetic, civic_90_08, wrichards2005, SuperTuner12010, JDM_EJ, Ralphie, cooneyb81, HondaFan81, quakerjoe, tanNn2koo, 91Accord-LX, JARHEAD293, TheNextAZN, (TONS MORE)

Comment

Working...
                              X