Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Header: OBX vs. Megan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Header: OBX vs. Megan

its that time to replace my header, i have a 1990 coupe ex, and i am looking to either get an obx or a megan stainless steel one. i could get either one for 150. looking to get some input. thanks.

Originally posted by T3aM 83rD
    its that time to replace my header, i have a 1990 coupe ex, and i am looking to either get an obx or a megan stainless steel one. i could get either one for 150. looking to get some input. thanks.
    I have the OBX header on my accord and I am happy with it. Nice welds, and a real thick flange. No complaints here.

I also have the stock manifold with shield and down piple for sale.

Comment

What ever u do, dont buy a OBX header of ebay. most of them are fake. I found that out the hard way.
      1991 Cb7 Coupe 5 Speed--SOLD
      2002 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V-- SOLD
      1994 Acura Legend GS
      Car Pics

Comment

Originally posted by xczechboyx
        What ever u do, dont buy a OBX header of ebay. most of them are fake. I found that out the hard way.
        theres no OBX knockoffs, OBX *is* a knockoff. so is megan...

any $150 header from ebay is a knockoff, styled after a name brand one (i think usually DC...) they are all basically the same thing, they all fit, they all rust, but the good thing is that they are all inexpensive... though OBX and Megan are both recommended and known to be pretty good quality "no-name" pieces.
        Last edited by cp[mike]; 08-14-2006, 02:54 PM.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
        - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
        - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
        Current cars:
        - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
        - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

I reccommend megan just cause I have it and you can get it for way less than 150, holding up perfect, except it has discoloured thats all.

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
          "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
          "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

Originally posted by xczechboyx
            what the name of the seller? also what was he feedback looking like?

Comment

Originally posted by starchland
              I reccommend megan just cause I have it and you can get it for way less than 150, holding up perfect, except it has discoloured thats all.
              where did you pick it up from for less than 150?

Comment

i think megan is better, their quality seems better. i have their rear tie bar (yea, i know it doesnt do shit...lol)
                I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Megan has a better reputation for quality, but that doesn't necessarily mean anything. As cpmike said, they're both knockoffs. I'm quite happy with my Megan strut bar. I have no OBX parts.

Both companies have sold headers for quite some time, so I'm sure they're about as good as they're going to get.

Comment

I know the Megan header made 11whp on an H23 on H-T....I'd be pissed if road salt or whatever killed it though. I'm considering getting one myself.

Originally posted by lordoja
                    im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

I have a Megan header sitting in my basement right now I got from a friend for a steal. The one she got was the Ceramic coated one with dual O2 bungs for both sensor locations.

It's a 2" collector, and not a 2.25 like I had thought. The header does look to be in good shape. There's some surface rust where the paint came off on the DP (most of the paint came off at where it meets the cat, but the metal still feels very solid), but the flexpipe is stainless and holding up well. The welds also look pretty decent. I'm repainting the top part, and if I get adventurous, I may repaint the rest of the header, just as a way to maybe add a little more life to it.

This header has been through 2 winters now I think already and its holding up well. Maybe its only been one, I forget, but anyways, it's still a good piece and I'm looking forward to installing it on my car.

However, the new ones they

Comment

is their anyway to paint it with high temp. paint to protect it from rusting, or even wrapping it up with some of that tape that hold the heat in (forgot the name). i have an obx muffler on my car is it seems to be fine, the bottom of the tip is alittle grinded down from scrapeing(sp?) the floor. ill be checking the web to see the best price i could get a megan header for.

Comment

any experience with a Pacesetter header?

Comment

Originally posted by AccordWarrior
                            I have a Megan header sitting in my basement right now I got from a friend for a steal. The one she got was the Ceramic coated one with dual O2 bungs for both sensor locations.

It's a 2" collector, and not a 2.25 like I had thought. The header does look to be in good shape. There's some surface rust where the paint came off on the DP (most of the paint came off at where it meets the cat, but the metal still feels very solid), but the flexpipe is stainless and holding up well. The welds also look pretty decent. I'm repainting the top part, and if I get adventurous, I may repaint the rest of the header, just as a way to maybe add a little more life to it.

This header has been through 2 winters now I think already and its holding up well. Maybe its only been one, I forget, but anyways, it's still a good piece and I'm looking forward to installing it on my car.

However, the new ones they

Yea, sorry about that Mike, I must have measured it wrong, or I did it too fast and wasn't paying attention.

The Megan Header was a good investment when I had my car, reasonable price and I honestly can't remember how it felt driving my car when I had it. But definitely a good investment.
                            And if you don't end up liking it I'm sure you can always get almost as much as you paid for it(if it's new/slightly used). Hell if mine didn't have that much surface rust I would've charged more for it.

Comment

Originally posted by T3aM 83rD
                              any experience with a Pacesetter header?
                              Pacesetter= Poopsetter, I'd wait

Originally posted by lordoja
                              im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Working...
                              X