Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

supercharged h22 accord, good or bad??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

supercharged h22 accord, good or bad??

I'm thinking on super charging my h22 accord, do I have to upgrade my motor first like doing a turbo or will it take the incleased horsepower with stock internals. pls. pm me for feedbacks, thanks cb7 comunnity

well from what i know, if you get a supercharger kit form jackson racing, they pretty much give you the essentials. just that kit isnt that good. ive heard horror stories about them breaking, screwing other things up, and so forth. id love to supercharge my h22 in the future as well. im curious who recommends what as well? more input whod be great!

Michalob's CB7

Comment

i thought we couldn't supercharge the h22 in the cb7 cause of firewall clearance issues

Comment

Originally posted by N9netwoAccord
        i thought we couldn't supercharge the h22 in the cb7 cause of firewall clearance issues
        Well, that's what I had always heard too, but if you look in the media downloads section there's a H23 VTEC in a CB with a JRSC, and it actually worked, so apparently it can be done.

Comment

Originally posted by AccordWarrior
          Well, that's what I had always heard too, but if you look in the media downloads section there's a H23 VTEC in a CB with a JRSC, and it actually worked, so apparently it can be done.

wow thats intresting and good to know, i'll have to check that out

Comment

I've always wanted to go supercharged. A friend of mine was selling one for an h22 a while back. Its long gone now.

Comment

Im also very interested in supercharging now that i've seen the H23 supercharged. I too would love more input on this.

"...B*tch got out the car lookin more like Freddy Jackson"

Comment

anything is doable with enough time and money if it is indeed afirewall clearence issue you can cut that back and make the room. i believe it woudl be more of a cowl issue than the firewall

the build and demise
                buy stuff i want a new car

Comment

you are nowhere near ready to take on the project of getting a roots SC to fit.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                  - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                  - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                  - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                  - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                  - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                  - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                  - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                  Current cars:
                  - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                  - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

I've seen this H23 SC'd CB first hand, the firewall is clearance is not an issue. the shock top and motor mount had to be trimmed/notched for belt clearance.

can't comment on the cowl issue as the car had a 93 Ascot front end conversion.

I too was under this impression it wouldn't fit in the 5th gens and assumed the 4thgens had the same issue. I am no longer under that assumption

.:1993 EX-R Sedan:..:psyphredotcom:..:mrtazzymotorsports:.

Comment

Originally posted by cp[mike]
                      you are nowhere near ready to take on the project of getting a roots SC to fit.
                      It really bothers me when people tell me I'm not ready for turbo, nitrous, s/c, well thats why I keep asking questions is to learn.

Comment

Working...
                      X