Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Top Speed Question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Top Speed Question.

Now i didn't exactly know where to post this, nor was I able to search for the right thread i was looking for.

But my question is this:
    When boosted or NA to more than 250 hp..how would the Top speed be effected? I mean does top speed go higher if Hp/Tq goes higher?

*Needs*
    -New shocks
    -Struts
    -Drop
    -Cleaning
    -New Tires/Wheels
    -New Window Tint
    -Alot more lovin'

My Panda:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ghlight=Djmoua

topspeed= gears=tranny

the higher the HP and TQ numbers are the faster u'll get to the speed the tranny is built for

lets say an H tranny's top speed is 165mphs (SUPPOSING)
    regular power u'll get to that speed in 1 min

with 250hp or 300 u'll PROBABLY get there in 30 secs

like i said this is if it were real, top speed wont be affected but the time that it will take u to get there will decrease
    Originally posted by deevergote
    Just do what PR CB7 said.

"I'm Going For Wood" (Clickey Clickey)

Comment

Originally posted by PR CB7
      topspeed= gears=tranny
      Don't forget wind resistant and drag and lift. On a dyno you can sure get to top speed where your gear+tranny combo make. example ..165mph

In track/street driving even if you have 100 Miles of empty straight road, you will never go faster then 140mph due to wind resistant and drag and lift. you either need more hp/tq or better aeronamic for the car to overcome and get close to your gear+tranny true top speed. just a while guessing you will need close to extra 15hp/11tq to go 1mph faster.
      90 Accord Coupe LX, Stock JDM H22A Engine 10.6:1 - Stock Automatic LSD MPA1 Trans, JDM P13 Auto ECU + JDM P19 TCU. Tune with Greddy E-Manage Ultimate
      < 317WHP/227WTQ@11psi> B/W S256 turbo, Daily Driving on 93 pump gas - since 2006. Driving Turbocharged CB7 Accord since 2002.

Comment

Yep. Givin the exact same car and transmission, adding more power will not make your top speed higher UNLESS with your old (lower power) motor, your top speed was limited by drag (aerodynamic mostly).

If you're in top gear and you're bouncing off the rev limiter, you are not drag limited at that point. You are gear limited.
        1990 Accord LX Sedan, B-49M

Comment

if you have a turbo you aren't running stock ecu...no speed limiter...rev limiter yes...but red line is altered with such mods...higher yes? top speed thus goes up. eh theory theory sorry

But...all theory aside...what is the top speed achieved on a dyno on a properly tuned turbo cb7 with stock (h or m series) tranny?
          ____

Comment

ok so i guess the only top speed rise is from the F22 to the H22/23 swap then?

*Needs*
            -New shocks
            -Struts
            -Drop
            -Cleaning
            -New Tires/Wheels
            -New Window Tint
            -Alot more lovin'

My Panda:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ghlight=Djmoua

Comment

what is the fastest speed that the f22 setup has ever ran with stock tranny ratios?

Originally posted by zack_odom
              Yummmmm. I'm going to go eat some Buddy Club sauce with my Mugen Spoon.

Comment

Check it out.

Tire width: 195
                Aspect Ratio: 60
                Rim Diameter: 15
                Transmission Gear Ratio: 0.705 (Fifth)
                Differential Ratio: 4.062

Lands you right about 150mph @ 6000rpm.
                Not 100% accurate obviously.
                Originally posted by TurboZach
                Accords are for winners. And Grandmothers. But mostly winners.

Comment

So according to the gear-speed calculator you could hit 202 mph at 8000rpm on an F22 tranny if you get rid of rev limit. I wonder how much power you would need to do that on a highway lol

Comment

Most people have covered it in here. You are limited by your gearing in your trans. There are ways to maximize it. The stock gearing in the cb is capable of a really nice top speed. These things matter (most are already covered):

1. Gearing in trans/FD
                    2. Revs
                    3. Tire size is really important as it can increase your speed or decrease it. Might wanna keep that in mind.
                    4. Wind Resistance/Friction/Drag
                    5. Nawzzzz
                    6. Make sure you choose the right tire rating
                    7. Go to Nardo

The New-ish Ride
                    My old Ride
                    Hear my Vtak!!!
                    MK3 Member #3
                    I piss off people for fun.
                    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Depends on alot of things:
                      My setup:

215/40/17 Tyres
                      Rev limiter - 6510 rpm
                      F22A engine 16G turbo
                      F20A Gearbox

Max speed on the limiter - 210 km/h

My old car the same but no turbo and no rev limiter (same gearbox):
                      Max 180km/h - Wind resistance is the limiting factor

Most noticable difference is the amount of time getting up to speed

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

I dont see the point.

Unless you plan on drag-racing it, where will you ever have the road or ability to get an accord up to 130+ and maintain speed? And why would you wanna do it?

Or am i missing the whole point?

Fastest ive gone and maintained is around 95. Fastest ive ever gone, with 200k+ miles and an AT, is around 111(+/-). And i wasnt topped out, i was simply too afraid to go any faster.

I mean, to answer your question, which i think a few ppl have done already, youre top speed will not go up. With more HP, you will simply get there faster.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                        Originally posted by Jarrett
                        Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Originally posted by rexload
                          So according to the gear-speed calculator you could hit 202 mph at 8000rpm on an F22 tranny if you get rid of rev limit. I wonder how much power you would need to do that on a highway lol
                          Sounds about right, altho I've never taken mine past 4th gear. With my setup (H22A4 w/ stock Accord tranny, Spoon ECU, and other mods), 3rd gear at 7400-ish RPM (stock tach not accurate), I already hit 180km/h (110mph?)..Shift up to 4th, I'm JUST at VTEC crossover @ 4800RPM..Before I can redline my 4th, my speedo needle is already buried way past 240km/h (150mph), soo I'm guessing if I do redline 4th (or more like ever having enough room to redline my 4th), I'd prolly be sitting at 160-165mph, if not higher...And 5th is like 4th all over again haha so 200mph is definitely reachable.

I HATE long gears tho Yeah you get top speed, but what's the point? Like I said, I can't even redline 4th, 'coz none of the local highways are long enough to let me do so But given the space tho, I'm sure I can reach that no problem. 4th gear in VTEC still pulls pretty hard, 5th gear also pulls once I get past 4000RPM Whether my car will survive going 200+mph or not, that I will never know

Ronald

|~~~~~~~~~~~~- Project CL1 Euro-R continues -~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|

Comment

Originally posted by greencb7inkc
                            I dont see the point.

Unless you plan on drag-racing it, where will you ever have the road or ability to get an accord up to 130+ and maintain speed? And why would you wanna do it?

Or am i missing the whole point?

Fastest ive gone and maintained is around 95. Fastest ive ever gone, with 200k+ miles and an AT, is around 111(+/-). And i wasnt topped out, i was simply too afraid to go any faster.

I mean, to answer your question, which i think a few ppl have done already, youre top speed will not go up. With more HP, you will simply get there faster.
                            Good point
                            As my above post states I have been 210km/h yet that was for at most 3-5 seconds then back down to 100km/h. And that was for tuning reasons
                            In reality there is no need to go above the legal speed limit, Unless you are on the race track.
                            Its not like you save alot of time (even on a long journey) going above the speed limit, taking the risk that you endangering the life of yourself, as well as other people that you don't even know . . .

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

It is cool to think about it.. but let's be smart and never attempt to redline 5th in our accords lol

Comment

Working...
                              X