Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Top Speed Question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I had my F in my h22a. In fourth gear close to 6000 as I recall I was doing upwards of 120 lol.

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
      When I had my F in my h22a. In fourth gear close to 6000 as I recall I was doing upwards of 120 lol.
      Haha then you definitely know what I'm talking about..

It gets scary real quick tho..First off your speedo needle is waayy on the wrong side of the speedo , and second, you want to go faster, but at the same time you also know that you're running out of room real fast I always tell ppl that I'd need a landing runway to even hit VTEC on my 5th hahaha..

So what tranny are you running now bro? I really can't wait to get my hands on shorter ratio tranny...My friend has an H22 with the H23 tranny, and the car just pulls so much different..Much harder I should say

Ronald

|~~~~~~~~~~~~- Project CL1 Euro-R continues -~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|

Comment

Originally posted by Ronald_Type-R
        Sounds about right, altho I've never taken mine past 4th gear. With my setup (H22A4 w/ stock Accord tranny, Spoon ECU, and other mods), 3rd gear at 7400-ish RPM (stock tach not accurate), I already hit 180km/h (110mph?)..Shift up to 4th, I'm JUST at VTEC crossover @ 4800RPM..Before I can redline my 4th, my speedo needle is already buried way past 240km/h (150mph), soo I'm guessing if I do redline 4th (or more like ever having enough room to redline my 4th), I'd prolly be sitting at 160-165mph, if not higher...And 5th is like 4th all over again haha so 200mph is definitely reachable.

I HATE long gears tho Yeah you get top speed, but what's the point? Like I said, I can't even redline 4th, 'coz none of the local highways are long enough to let me do so But given the space tho, I'm sure I can reach that no problem. 4th gear in VTEC still pulls pretty hard, 5th gear also pulls once I get past 4000RPM Whether my car will survive going 200+mph or not, that I will never know

Ronald
        Very true..i got a h22a whit stock accord tranny,p28 chipped ecu and some other mods too. i can rev till 8200rpm but i never go that far. my 3rd finishes at 190km/h 8000 rev.

i have the car for more then a year now and i never finished my 4th red line...gears really too long..not really fun driving whit long gears...can't even do any shifting..it's like i am driving auto..just drop in 3rd on the highway and go all the way to 190km/h...and i am still wondering after a year what speed would i be in 4th 8000rpm.
        My signature works perfectly fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronald_Type-R
          Haha then you definitely know what I'm talking about..

It gets scary real quick tho..First off your speedo needle is waayy on the wrong side of the speedo , and second, you want to go faster, but at the same time you also know that you're running out of room real fast I always tell ppl that I'd need a landing runway to even hit VTEC on my 5th hahaha..

So what tranny are you running now bro? I really can't wait to get my hands on shorter ratio tranny...My friend has an H22 with the H23 tranny, and the car just pulls so much different..Much harder I should say

Ronald
          H23 trans. I already geared it out with the stock RPM. 7200 RPM = 145mph when I calculated it.

The New-ish Ride
          My old Ride
          Hear my Vtak!!!
          MK3 Member #3
          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

H23 trans. I already geared it out with the stock RPM. 7200 RPM = 145mph when I calculated it.
            I was just going to say... With my prelude and the old h23 the car did all of 140 mph thats on the dash. I actually hit the rev limiter with the motor in 5th.
            Oil leak?What oil leak? That's just sweat from all that horsepower!

Applied knowledge is power!

NITROUS FOR YOUR BODY

BIRTHDAYS ARE JUST AROUND THE CORNER
            registration is free

Comment

i wonder what tranny i have in my car..........my 4th gear is at 6k rpms at 95 mphs......and yes with my f22a1 in it

Comment

I hit speed limiter in my LX
                115 ish as I remember
                Still wanted to pull
                Does the F22 Lude ECU (P12) have a speed limiter?
                Your man for wiring solutions!
                CB7Man's Coupe H22 Swap
                CB7Man's Sedan Resurrected From The Dead

Comment

in 5th gear at 8000rpm with h22 engine and accord tranny i hit 260 km/h.

Comment

Originally posted by SpitFire
                    in 5th gear at 8000rpm with h22 engine and accord tranny i hit 260 km/h.
                    ...Mods done? That is equivalent to around 160ish mph.

Ninja edit...I will call you out on this...You are lying. I just did calculations and so far I am seeing a big lie.
                    Last edited by NAiL05; 03-23-2008, 05:19 PM.

The New-ish Ride
                    My old Ride
                    Hear my Vtak!!!
                    MK3 Member #3
                    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

i'm not sure of the actual speed i've gone that time but i was doing 180km'h in 3rd at about 8000rpm , 4th at 220/8000rpm and for the 5th the speedo stops at 220 but the nidle was far away from it .maybe 250km'h to make sure.

modification done:

onorthodox light weigh pully
                      light weigh flyweel
                      ferrea racing valves
                      h22 type s pistons
                      2,25in exaust line no headers
                      cold air intake
                      ecu tuned to rev to 8000rpm
                      Last edited by SpitFire; 03-28-2008, 09:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SpitFire
                        i'm not sure of the actual speed i've gone that time but i was doing 180km'h in 3rd at about 8000rpm , 4th at 220/8000rpm and for the 5th the speedo stops at 220 but the nidle was far away from it .maybe 250km'h to make sure.

modification done:

onorthodox light weigh pully
                        light weigh flyweel
                        ferrea racing valves
                        h22 type s pistons
                        2,25in exaust line no headers
                        cold air intake
                        ecu tuned to rev to 8000rpm
                        Your speedo and tach must be way off. I guess I willl give you the answer...Assuming you run a 205/55/15 rim because any bigger would show an unfeasible speed for an accord of our year....WIth your accord trans which would be the F trans (using the gearing in the transaxle info on here) at 8000 RPM you would be sitting at close to 200mph using both the lx/dx or ex trans....Which shows your kms off by a lot. To be exact...DX/LX = 198.54 EX = 204.34. You either do NOT have an accord trans or you have a closer geared trans. With those mods you wouldnt even get close to 200mph factoring in drag/wind resistance and so on UNLESS you were on a bad ass downhill with parts not flying off.

The New-ish Ride
                        My old Ride
                        Hear my Vtak!!!
                        MK3 Member #3
                        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

for what its worth, i had my lx sedan up to 190km/h late one night and it was still pulling (100% stock). stock tires/wheels everything. i think it could do 200 now that its lowered (less drag?), few bolt ons and a little lighter.

THIS CAR DOES NOT BELONG TO ME SO STOP GIVING ME COMPLIMENTS!! although it is quite nice....

Vehicular Lunacy At Its Finest

Comment

Your speedo and tach must be way off. I guess I willl give you the answer...Assuming you run a 205/55/15 rim because any bigger would show an unfeasible speed for an accord of our year....WIth your accord trans which would be the F trans (using the gearing in the transaxle info on here) at 8000 RPM you would be sitting at close to 200mph using both the lx/dx or ex trans....Which shows your kms off by a lot. To be exact...DX/LX = 198.54 EX = 204.34. You either do NOT have an accord trans or you have a closer geared trans. With those mods you wouldnt even get close to 200mph factoring in drag/wind resistance and so on UNLESS you were on a bad ass downhill with parts not flying off.
                            x2, i cannot see a F22 trans doing 180km/h in 3rd at 8000rpm, And i thought the F22 trans was the longest ratio box?? - for F&H series at least
                            3rd gear I get 100km/h @ 4600rpm and 120km/h in 3rd at 5600rpm - thats about 20km/h for 1000rpm = 180km/h @ 8600rpm - I must admit that is pretty close (comparing to my M2B4 trans)

I get 5th gear on the limiter 210km/h @ 6250rpm

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

Honestly, at speeds much north of 100mph it's time to use the GPS.
                              The speedometer is off by a percentage, the discrepancy in distance over time increases as you go faster.
                              Originally posted by TurboZach
                              Accords are for winners. And Grandmothers. But mostly winners.

Comment

Or you can just use a gear ratio calculator which will give you an exact number without factoring in wind resistance and so on.

The New-ish Ride
                                My old Ride
                                Hear my Vtak!!!
                                MK3 Member #3
                                IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Working...
                                X