Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

ECU options for automatic CRV. PLEASE HELP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

there is alot of truth to what people are saying, and even though I onced owned a auto f22a and beat on it alot all I can say is it was a 300k tranny and I abused the crap out that car. (had the timing and valves done so naturally i dogged it)

But I too looked into tuning the auto, its worth it if it is to you. But honestly getting it tuned and manually shifting it is probably whats gonna happen. youll be ok .

Comment

Can I use a SAFC with an AEM wideband to tune my WOT fuel mixture to keep the engine from going lean?.....and in closed loop the ecu will be keeping the fuel mixture right with it's o2 sensor.

I know this is not a REAL tune and I will not achieve massive gains but will it be enough to safely drive? It'll prevent any funky transmission issues...
      My Member's Ride Thread

Bisimoto header before & after dyno

1993 10th Anniversary: F22a6, H23IM, Bisimoto header, Custom mandrel exhaust, 5spd swap.

Comment

Your best choice for tuning option on a automatic OBD-2 system would be an AEM FI/C controller along with an AEM wideband fail/safe gauge.

The AEM FI/C controller will allow tuning of both fuel and ignition by piggy backing of the factory ECU. The factory computer will be tricked thinking it is running a stock engine while the AEM unit intercepting the signals and allow for proper tuning.

The Wideband AEM fail/safe gauge, utilizes a wideband system and data-logging software to allow both reading live air/fuel ratio and intake manifold pressure on the gauge read out, as well capability to data-log these readings to review for tuning purposes through your lab top.

Hit me up and I will get you the best pricing on both.

Comment

hey i just found this conversion harness while doing research for a swap im doing with auto tranny and thought it could work for you.

http://www.rywire.com/catalog/automa...-obd1-p-8.html

so you can run a chipped obd1 ecu and separate tcm (auto transmission control unit).
          not sure about the crv but the integra has a separate tcm located under drivers kick panel.
          it work in conjunction with the ecu.

the civic ecu has the tcm integrated into the ecm
          Budget Street is offline working in the shop

drop the mouse and pick up a wrench

Originally posted by deevergote
          Good for you. You don't even know how to spell VTEC.

Comment

Interesting.....the CRV never came obd1 so I'm not sure which civic tcu/ecu combo would work best but this is definitely a great option for me to research, thanks for posting!
            My Member's Ride Thread

Bisimoto header before & after dyno

1993 10th Anniversary: F22a6, H23IM, Bisimoto header, Custom mandrel exhaust, 5spd swap.

Comment

Working...
            X