Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Build dilema

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think you should do something different that you don't see much around here. Build the f22b to make some good power na and throw some serious nitrous to it!
    spin city

Comment

why don't you just wait and do something when you get back to FL

Comment

Originally posted by dbsharp View Post
        I think you should do something different that you don't see much around here. Build the f22b to make some good power na and throw some serious nitrous to it!

prNonVtec4u is handling that.

I might just do that and go with 91Accord-LX's idea and throw it in a hatch. That's probably for next year.

This year is calling for boost.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Booooooooooooost.
          (F22b)

It's already on the stand waiting patiently.

1999 BMW M3
          2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
          2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
          2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy View Post
            I don't think it would. 98vtec is in the low 13's already with a stock head and cams. That's on a full trim prelude.
            Blake is stripped, and he ran on slicks I believe.

I won't vote because I have my preferences. Go for whatever is ideal for what you plan on doing with the car. If you plan on going to the track and want a lot of top speed, then go boost. If you don't like boost then go the other way.

I'm an all-motor kind of person. Hopefully this year I start my build.

http://www.FLAccords.com

Comment

Really? I thought he was running full trim the entire time. All the time goals I've posted so far WILL be ran on slicks, so that's why I used him as a baseline.

Shit, I think with a few more upgrades to my current motor I can hit 13's as well in full trim, with slicks of course.

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy View Post
                Really? I thought he was running full trim the entire time. All the time goals I've posted so far WILL be ran on slicks, so that's why I used him as a baseline.

Shit, I think with a few more upgrades to my current motor I can hit 13's as well in full trim, with slicks of course.

IIRC, he simple has no backseats/trunk. Basically anything behind the doors is gone. I might be wrong.

He is still a good baseline because you have to remember he ran 13.4 on a COMPLETELY STOCK head. I used him as a baseline before I decided to go with the Mazda3.

http://www.FLAccords.com

Comment

full f22b or hybrid??

instagram @mikeymeyagi

Comment

Why not build a decent all motor build, then spray Would be very responsive, then spray from 2nd gear up.
                    Current 2016 Ford F150 XLT Sport
                    Past 1990 Accord EX Sedan
                    Past 1990 Accord LX Sedan
                    Past 1991 Accord LX Sedan
                    Past 1993 Accord LX Wagon
                    Current 1991 Accord EX Wagon

Comment

Well I started putting together a price list...I have over 3k into it already and still don't have a head/im, clutch, traction bar and lots of random parts I'd need to complete the h22. It's looking like a 5k build.

SO...scratch the h22 idea for now.

There's PLENTY of boosted H22's here in Washington already. Bigfattyvtec is one of them and DRQPQT is another one too.

I'm boosting the f22b.

Comment

boosted h22, I dont think you'll regret it.

SOLD!!
                        Boosted H22
                        375whp 298 ft/lbs at 15psi

MEMBERS RIDE THREAD<<<CLICK FOR VIDS AND COOL PICS

Comment

I'm sure I wouldn't. The wallet doesn't seem to agree though.

Comment

No matter what you build, you will always be dumping money into it for upgrades/maintence, so your wallet won't agree on any of your options. You know how it is, once you finish a build, you either want to build upon it more and more, or start over with a new build.
                            Current 2016 Ford F150 XLT Sport
                            Past 1990 Accord EX Sedan
                            Past 1990 Accord LX Sedan
                            Past 1991 Accord LX Sedan
                            Past 1993 Accord LX Wagon
                            Current 1991 Accord EX Wagon

Comment

Well...this will be my last build for the accord.

Why do you think my price list is so high already? I'm not leaving much room for upgrade.

badass manifold+badass turbo that will support 500whp....not much left to be upgraded.

I'm not going for an all out build on this one, since it will be in an accord. I want boost and enough power to get into the 11's. I'm more than confident I'll be able to accomplish that goal with 400whp.

Comment

Blah fucking blah.

I don't know. Thinking about it...to get some good flow out of the f22b I'd have to get some cams and do headwork..that alone would cost more than a complete h22. That means the price list would be just about the same either way. I also won't be waiting on deals like I usually do. I'd like to get this done before summer hits.

I have some thinking to do for the next few weeks.

Comment

Working...
                                X