Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

F22a4 Turbo Build. 350whp Goal.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wanna see this when its done. VIDEO FTW!
    R.I.P. Veronica - JDM F20A swapped 2.0 Si wannabe.

Comment

Well today is shaping up to be VERY VERY bad. Luckily i turned 2 problems around to be something decent.

first my banshee chain was way loose, so i was doing some maintnence and i freaking lose the clip for the master link. That was enough to piss me off right there since i wanted to go for a ride today. spent 2 hours looking for it and then gave up. was putting it away and i magically stumbled across it lol. So first problem fixed.

next i was up on the hills behind my house riding, and i was able to see along ways out i was so high up. and i see the fedex man coming down the road. i was like YES! my parts! First picture so you can see what im talking about.

so i booked it back down the hill. By the time i get to the street i wind up right behind him tail gating him the 50 yards to my house lol. but... he kept driving by... i was like uhh... so i pull into my house, jump off my quad, and figure. well ill go check my mail maybe he will come back. We have like community mail boxes, and they are like 100 yards around this little bend and a hill up the road. And theres also these white trash ass apartments right there too. Well. where i live, we rent the land space, and own our home. little park type thing. My space number is E3.

So i walk up to get my mail, and low and behold theres the fed ex guy walking to those white trash ass apartments with a big heavy box! and he leaves it as apartment 3!! im like wait a minute here. So i run up to him and ask him, was that suppose to go to unit e3? and he said yeah why. i was like you just delivered over $1,000 bucks worth of my parts to some crack head. and he looked at me funny like he didnt understand. i was like thats my shit, and you just delievered it to the wrong addresss. and he goes "ohhhh......, sorry."

Turned around went and picked it back up, and took it to my place. Fuckin prick. I never woulda got this stuff if i wouldnt of had perfect timing!!

so when he gets to my house, i tell him, in the next few days, your going to be bringing me another $1,000 bucks in parts. DONT fucking lose it.
      We will see if dick head remembers.

Heres PICTURES!!!!

Fuel Pressure Regulator
      38MM Wastegate
      Intercooler
      Piping Kit
      Couplers
      TBolts
      and of course TURBO!!

So problem 2 fixed.

Now problem 3.

i was suppose to get a 8 packages today in the mail.
      My fucking mail man musta delievered them to the wrong house because they are missing in action now too!!!

wtf is with my luck and losiing packages today? So hopefully those arent lost for ever, because a couple of them are parts for this build!!

anyways, updates later...
      For all your Powder Coating Needs and More!
      www.getcolorcoated.com

Comment

woot problem 3 solved!! Guess not such a bad day after all.

Call the post office. lady "forgot" to stop at my house. How can you "forget" 10 medium-large packages that were taking up the entire rear end of your postal jeep.....

dip shit.

anyways,

Gaskets for the entire motor and Cast Iron Turbo Manifold showed up!!

More stuff will be here monday probably!
        www.getcolorcoated.com

Comment

woot!!! where did you get that turbo? and for how much? if you don't mine me askin'

i'm doing a turbo build also, wanting the DSM setup

view my ride: My Ride

Comment

K couldnt help it. Had to do a mock up lol

Jmolina:

Its actually an ebay turbo from CXRacing. Now before anyone hates on it... My buddy has this exact turbo, been boosting it at 12 pounds for a couple years now with daily beatings on his integra, and its a really solid turbo for the $300 bucks. Never woulda guessed it, but they are actually worth the money it seems like. So i figured i would give it a shot with my build and see how well it last!
            www.getcolorcoated.com

Comment

^^^thank you.
              300 dollars for the turbo? thats a deal, i'll look into this, my goal is 250WHP and tq, so it should hang in there for a while

view my ride: My Ride

Comment

this is a pretty big turbo. for only 250 hp, you'd be better of with dsm turbo. Plus they are the same price. course thats used vs new, but who really cares. OEM ones last for quite awhile under normal conditions. This thing is going to take a while to spool!! But once it does, its going to be balls to the wall.
                www.getcolorcoated.com

Comment

Injectors showed up yesturday.

APR head studs were suppose too, but had a problem with the post office. They might be getting sent back.. god i hope not!
                  www.getcolorcoated.com

Comment

Very nice bro, get rid of the mbc and get a ebc to hold boost better.
                    99 GS300 (Aristo) 2JZ Power

Bought from:gdout, bb6-sh

Comment

havnt even ordered a boost controller yet.
                      www.getcolorcoated.com

Comment

i'd agree for those hp #'s you'd have a much more street friendly turbo car that spools alot quicker with a smaller turbo.
                        "Self Renewed"

Comment

Looks like it is going to be a nice build....

CB7Tuner Resident Gamer!
                          PSN: JDMcb7TX

Comment

my problem is i dont want it to spool super low. Even this motor at a stock 125 hp, will burn the tires off clear threw 3rd gear with out a problem in the car its going in.

traction is going to be a major issue. So if its not boosting untill 4500 rpms, that will be fine with me honestly!

The fact this motor weighs Twice as much as the stock motor, makes me VERY happy. More weight on those front wheels will keep em on the ground better lol.
                            www.getcolorcoated.com

Comment

should be a nice build. Theres nothing wrong with having a good sized turbo and not using all of it. Your intercooler looks a lot like mine in shape and size. I dont think mine would do 350whp with out having some heat soak issues.
                              spin city

Comment

What kind of wheels are you going to be using?

CB7Tuner Resident Gamer!
                                PSN: JDMcb7TX

Comment

Working...
                                X