Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

supercharged H22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by toycar View Post
    Stage 2 snow kit

Came highly recommended, and I have nothing but good things to say about it.

Well worth the money for what you wanna do with 12:1 and boost.
    Cool thanks. Yea that's not a typo.. it's gonna be fun!

Comment

this is going to make stupid power. Can't wait to see the finished product.
      <-- MRT

Comment

1 of my fav cars on the site

Comment

Hey bro

How are you keeping tension on the pulley belts

And where in the thread are the engine bay pics. What did you use, an Eaton M90?

Originally posted by lordoja
          im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy View Post
            Hey bro

How are you keeping tension on the pulley belts

And where in the thread are the engine bay pics. What did you use, an Eaton M90?
            You didnt read the first post did you?
            My 91 ex coupe
            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb//showthread.php?t=189841

Comment

Lol @ dockinrez

Check members ride for engine bay pics. The alternator keeps tension on the belt

Comment

Congrats. It looks very well done
                www.850fab.com
                IG - @850Fab
                FB - @850Fabrication

Comment

Originally posted by dockinrez View Post
                  You didnt read the first post did you?
                  I did months ago, I forgot

im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

I love this idea

Comment

Originally posted by cincy90h22 View Post

Thats not bad, i made something like 250hp/200tq on 6psi(Garret Turbo/i think i spiked to 9psi)? how did i make more power with less pressure ? Healthier motor ?
                      Last edited by tutsuo; 02-05-2013, 02:18 PM.
                      Jesus drove a Honda, he just didnt talk about it like us. Proof - John 12:49 "For i did not speak of my own accord."
                      Originally posted by deevergote
                      den das al u ned u no dat u get wurs gas milge tho rite?
                      These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

Comment

Was your motor stock? I have skunk2 intake manifold, stage 2 n/a cams. You also gotta think in cfms you flow at that pressure, the same psi on two different turbos will have a different amount of cfm. You had more torque than me, due to my cams and intake manifold changing the powerband, and also the difference between linear boost of an SC and the way boost is made on a turbo setup.
                        Last edited by cincy90h22; 02-05-2013, 04:28 PM.

Comment

Supercharging is also just inherently less efficient

But on a CB, way more original.

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy View Post
                            Supercharging is also just inherently less efficient

But on a CB, way more original.
                            This! Sounds cooler too..

Comment

Originally posted by cincy90h22 View Post
                              Was your motor stock? I have skunk2 intake manifold, stage 2 n/a cams. You also gotta think in cfms you flow at that pressure, the same psi on two different turbos will have a different amount of cfm. You had more torque than me, due to my cams and intake manifold changing the powerband, and also the difference between linear boost of an SC and the way boost is made on a turbo setup.
                              Yes (head/block is stock), only thing is, it has 450cc Injectors and running a chipped P28(Tunned on Neptune by Hassan @ TDC VA).
                              Last edited by tutsuo; 02-06-2013, 12:09 PM.
                              Jesus drove a Honda, he just didnt talk about it like us. Proof - John 12:49 "For i did not speak of my own accord."
                              den das al u ned u no dat u get wurs gas milge tho rite?
                              These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

Comment

PSI means little. 6psi from one turbo can be significantly different from 6psi from another... and certainly different form 6psi from a supercharger! A turbo with a similar flow rate to a supercharger will likely make more power, because the supercharger provides a parasitic loss. The engine is using power to make power. The turbo is spun by exhaust gas.

The difference is that the supercharger will provide boost very quickly, while the turbocharger has to spin up first... and until it does, it provides a pretty significant exhaust restriction. Modern turbos tend to spool very quickly, making the boost lag argument less viable, and thus weakening the argument for superchargers.

Still, I have a soft spot for superchargers myself. They're just cool!
                                And honestly, 250-ish whp is pretty good for a FWD daily driver. 300whp would be about as high as I'd care to go, and that could be done easily with a supercharger and a few more mods than cincy90h22 has now. I think for a street car, a supercharger would be a very viable solution.

Comment

Working...
                                X