Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

supercharged H22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SOHC-FTW
    replied
    It's called a centrifugal super charger.

Leave a comment:

• cincy90h22
    replied
    Originally posted by F20A CB7 View Post
    I don't no friend. I'm used to seeeing lik a j/r sc style. It looks like a turbo to me. But fantastic your are doing this... now 2 shut a lot of ppl up
    Exactly.. j/r has become more rare and more of a pain in the ass to make work than my set up. True I have done a lot of fabrication, but its only time spent and some metal, no biggy and pretty easy. I am doing it just because I can.. and to be unique, not for the hp#.

Leave a comment:

• F20A CB7
    replied
    I don't no friend. I'm used to seeeing lik a j/r sc style. It looks like a turbo to me. But fantastic your are doing this... now 2 shut a lot of ppl up

Leave a comment:

• cincy90h22
    replied

As u said its used, there is a chip at the intake opening.. but has been freshly rebuilt and other wise good condition. And I got a good deal on it.

It should be up and running this week. Hopefully tuned next week

Leave a comment:

• F20A CB7
    replied
    Is this one of those superchargers that look like a turbo?

Leave a comment:

• Mike1357
    replied
    Very nice! Definitely going to watch this one.

Leave a comment:

• hondamanf22
    replied
    Nice I like where your going with your idea. I'm sure deeve is going to chime in with a comment. Any pic of your supercharger?

Leave a comment:

• cincy90h22
    started a topic supercharged H22

supercharged H22

update on page 10
    teaser vid on page 7

I know no body make a supercharger kit for our cars...

So I decided to make my own.

Here's my parts list

Used Vortec V2
    custom alternator bracket - to move it up where power steering pump used to be.
    custom super charger bracket - mounts to a/c compressor location. Incorporates alternator tension (device) and belt idler for maximum belt coverage on pulleys.
    Standard Turbo oil feed/drain

Here is a teaser to show you I'm actually doing IT! This is the initial mock up. Everything is mounted and functional (waiting on a serpentine belt). Still have oil lines to run. And will be intercooling the set up as well.

I will have better pics on final installation.. after I paint everything.
    Last edited by cincy90h22; 08-03-2012, 04:32 PM.
Working...
X