Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

supercharged H22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smokinspeeds
    replied
    No traction with higher psi heh... yeah LSD is a must even more with the instant power you are going to have. Maybe some really fat front tires..

I wonder if it would be viable for a boost controller setup by gear perhaps? Maybe a manual switch so you can limit it till third gear then go full boost? A normal two stage would probably not help much if you are still breaking traction through the full band.

Leave a comment:

• 96accord914
    replied
    nice i wanted to do this to my accord befor but like u said they had no kits

Leave a comment:

• cincy90h22
    replied
    Not currently. Hopefully the budget allows for it before the motor goes back in. I still kick myself in the ass for not getting it a few years ago when I wasted my final drive and had to get a new trans.

Leave a comment:

• deevergote
    replied
    That's the only downside to practically instant torque on FWD... SO easy to just break the wheels free! My GTP was like that (approximately 240hp at the crank... but probably more torque, seeing as it was a 3.8L engine.)

You don't have LSD, right?

Leave a comment:

• cincy90h22
    replied
    Currently in the process of building the bottom end, to the level of aprox 12:1 compression. I say approximately because I havent actually bought the pistons yet, still looking at options as they will have to be custom. 12/12.5:1 is the goal. The smaller of the pulleys that I have should be good for 10-12psi at 8k rpms. I will do the first tune with that, and see where it gets me.

Traction is surely a problem. Even at the 246 I was at with the first pulley(4.6psi) first gear was useless and nearly second. With the smaller pulley and street tune.. I only revved to 7k, first and second was completely useless unless feathering the throttle, and 3 was slightly useable once I had some momentum.

Leave a comment:

• tutsuo
    replied
    Originally posted by deevergote View Post
    Traction may be a problem. But let's not make this thread about your turbo setup.
    Ohh i hear you. I watched some of his videos that does sound nice not gunna lie. Do you have any plans on building the bottem end and getting a smaller pully for the super-charger ?

Leave a comment:

• deevergote
    replied
    Traction may be a problem. But let's not make this thread about your turbo setup.

Leave a comment:

• tutsuo
    replied
    Originally posted by deevergote View Post
    PSI means little. 6psi from one turbo can be significantly different from 6psi from another... and certainly different form 6psi from a supercharger! A turbo with a similar flow rate to a supercharger will likely make more power, because the supercharger provides a parasitic loss. The engine is using power to make power. The turbo is spun by exhaust gas.

The difference is that the supercharger will provide boost very quickly, while the turbocharger has to spin up first... and until it does, it provides a pretty significant exhaust restriction. Modern turbos tend to spool very quickly, making the boost lag argument less viable, and thus weakening the argument for superchargers.

Still, I have a soft spot for superchargers myself. They're just cool!
    And honestly, 250-ish whp is pretty good for a FWD daily driver. 300whp would be about as high as I'd care to go, and that could be done easily with a supercharger and a few more mods than cincy90h22 has now. I think for a street car, a supercharger would be a very viable solution.

My fully built H22A is supposed to make 400+whp(with my 450cc inj and 60/63;T3/T4 Garret turbo) on 205/50/16 Kuhmo Esca 4x. I hope i dont rub and can maintain traction.

Leave a comment:

• deevergote
    replied
    PSI means little. 6psi from one turbo can be significantly different from 6psi from another... and certainly different form 6psi from a supercharger! A turbo with a similar flow rate to a supercharger will likely make more power, because the supercharger provides a parasitic loss. The engine is using power to make power. The turbo is spun by exhaust gas.

The difference is that the supercharger will provide boost very quickly, while the turbocharger has to spin up first... and until it does, it provides a pretty significant exhaust restriction. Modern turbos tend to spool very quickly, making the boost lag argument less viable, and thus weakening the argument for superchargers.

Still, I have a soft spot for superchargers myself. They're just cool!
    And honestly, 250-ish whp is pretty good for a FWD daily driver. 300whp would be about as high as I'd care to go, and that could be done easily with a supercharger and a few more mods than cincy90h22 has now. I think for a street car, a supercharger would be a very viable solution.

Leave a comment:

• tutsuo
    replied
    Originally posted by cincy90h22 View Post
    Was your motor stock? I have skunk2 intake manifold, stage 2 n/a cams. You also gotta think in cfms you flow at that pressure, the same psi on two different turbos will have a different amount of cfm. You had more torque than me, due to my cams and intake manifold changing the powerband, and also the difference between linear boost of an SC and the way boost is made on a turbo setup.
    Yes (head/block is stock), only thing is, it has 450cc Injectors and running a chipped P28(Tunned on Neptune by Hassan @ TDC VA).
    Last edited by tutsuo; 02-06-2013, 12:09 PM.

Leave a comment:

• cincy90h22
    replied
    Originally posted by gloryaccordy View Post
    Supercharging is also just inherently less efficient

But on a CB, way more original.
    This! Sounds cooler too..

Leave a comment:

• gloryaccordy
    replied
    Supercharging is also just inherently less efficient

But on a CB, way more original.

Leave a comment:

• cincy90h22
    replied
    Was your motor stock? I have skunk2 intake manifold, stage 2 n/a cams. You also gotta think in cfms you flow at that pressure, the same psi on two different turbos will have a different amount of cfm. You had more torque than me, due to my cams and intake manifold changing the powerband, and also the difference between linear boost of an SC and the way boost is made on a turbo setup.
    Last edited by cincy90h22; 02-05-2013, 04:28 PM.

Leave a comment:

• tutsuo
    replied
    Originally posted by cincy90h22 View Post

Thats not bad, i made something like 250hp/200tq on 6psi(Garret Turbo/i think i spiked to 9psi)? how did i make more power with less pressure ? Healthier motor ?
    Last edited by tutsuo; 02-05-2013, 02:18 PM.

Leave a comment:

• cb7_with_snail
    replied
    I love this idea

Leave a comment:

Working...
X