Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

supercharged H22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smokinspeeds
    replied
    Is it just me or did you chirp fourth to 5th gear?!

And 4k isn't a bad place to start boost on a motor that you will be running up to 8k. I know you want more max rpms for more psi at the end anyways but just keep in mind driveability if you bring it into boost a lot earlier.

I rode in an old tuners boosted coupe with a big turbo that spooled at 4k. So it was 4k to 6k power band. Stock ish f series motor , pulled like an angry bull at boost. I know SC is different but still what you have aleady has to feel great.

If you got the 10 hp per psi
    with that setup imagine what some proper fi cams would do along with headers..

Keep us updated! Best build I've seen in a long time on the board. Your color choice is quite dif and you pulled it off.. matching roll cage is sweet too!

Leave a comment:

• islandhopper
    replied
    Awesome.

Awesome to the max.

Leave a comment:

• 8ball
    replied
    Originally posted by cincy90h22 View Post
    Lol me and my buddy was JUST talking about this. I may go this thursday to the track, unsure yet. He said the same time.

A few short vids I made today. I do not condone street racing, nor is what I did safe, we are trained professionals... please do not try at home hahaha.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSORYr2nJ_0&feature=plcp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrpYOqjGvZY&feature=plcp

for some reason it wont let me embed them?
    13.3 is quick for street tires not doubt. Thats about as fast as a Decent BMW or a Camaro with mods. Still not 2013 5.0 coyote engine fast but not bad for a 20yr old car.

Leave a comment:

• cincy90h22
    replied
    Originally posted by gloryaccordy View Post
    Very nice!

I bet you will make a nice chunk more power w/a functional intercooler. Did you notice any heat soak?

And superchargers tend to have those rising torque curves. They dont spool like turbos... its all tied to the engine. Sucks you dont get boost under 4K but I'm sure the eventual pulley swap will change that. I dont know if you have cam gears but you might be able to use those to control overlap.
    The temp on the dyno went up to 96 degrees I believe, with the infrared the pipe going into the intercooler was 110, after the intercooler was less but I didn't see how much. My Hood isn't vented yet so right now heat soak is prolly ridiculous. We did adjust the can gears for peak power and tq, wheather or not the overlap is less or not I don't know yet, that will be something I look into when I swap my pulley.

Leave a comment:

• gloryaccordy
    replied
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSORYr2nJ_0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrpYOqjGvZY

Very nice!

I bet you will make a nice chunk more power w/a functional intercooler. Did you notice any heat soak?

And superchargers tend to have those rising torque curves. They dont spool like turbos... its all tied to the engine. Sucks you dont get boost under 4K but I'm sure the eventual pulley swap will change that. I dont know if you have cam gears but you might be able to use those to control overlap.

Leave a comment:

• illinois_erik
    replied
    cool project man, awesome it panned out!

Leave a comment:

• cincy90h22
    replied
    Originally posted by 8ball View Post
    Ill take a guess at his 1/4 time.

Ohio altitude normal. Street tires. I say he clears a 13.3
    Lol me and my buddy was JUST talking about this. I may go this thursday to the track, unsure yet. He said the same time.

A few short vids I made today. I do not condone street racing, nor is what I did safe, we are trained professionals... please do not try at home hahaha.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSORYr2nJ_0&feature=plcp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrpYOqjGvZY&feature=plcp

for some reason it wont let me embed them?
    Last edited by cincy90h22; 06-16-2012, 02:51 PM.

Leave a comment:

• 8ball
    replied
    Ill take a guess at his 1/4 time.

Ohio altitude normal. Street tires. I say he clears a 13.3

Leave a comment:

• SNOOZE
    replied
    Sweet numbers bro, now go get some 1/4 mile times so we can see what this beast can really do!

Leave a comment:

• cincy90h22
    replied
    So true, Oh well, I see it as a compliment if someone copies something I have done.

Leave a comment:

• deevergote
    replied
    Whatever you do will surely remain unique for a VERY short time... that's the price you pay for being an innovator... everyone will want to do what you did!
    I might be one of them

Leave a comment:

• cincy90h22
    replied
    Originally posted by cb7attack66 View Post
    right...i cant type fast enough lol..any plans for styling? i know certifit is pretty cheap as far as body panels an pull a part
    Im working on a custom louver set-up. but ssshhhh.. dont tell. I didnt wanna let the cat out of the bag until it was done and everyone could see it.

So NO ONE better do it! LOL

Leave a comment:

• cb7attack66
    replied
    right...i cant type fast enough lol..any plans for styling? i know certifit is pretty cheap as far as body panels an pull a part

Leave a comment:

• Raf99
    replied

Very nice! I am jealous and I would love to see this thing in person. .... i'm almost lost for words. You must be one happy man driving around

Leave a comment:

• cincy90h22
    replied
    Originally posted by cb7attack66 View Post
    id like to see what this thing would do with bisi header.!the pics are awesome.love the engine pic and setup..any plans for fmic?
    no, vented hood..

Leave a comment:

Working...
X