Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

boosting the straight and narrow: a build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

boosting the straight and narrow: a build

Hello everyone,

Some of you may remember me, some may know me, some may be asking who the f is this guy, but I am Colin going by the username straightedge. I have had seven Accord's in the 10 years I have been modifying cars, most being cb7's. I have had H22's, H23's, F22A6's, turbo's, N/A, and stock. I'm not the best, brightest or richest, but I have built and driven some fun and surprising cars.

Before the power list was reset, I was in the top 10 of most powerful turbo Accord's. I don't think any of those in the top 10 except for me were using the stock F22A6 block, or even a stock H-series block. My history in the grand scheme is brief, but has made an impact and I still search my username for validation. Any read on for a brief description of why this thread now exists.

The Build Begins:

December of 2011 I purchased a near mint 1992 EX Coupe with the intentions of it being my daily driver. The vehicle has 300k miles but has been maintained meticulously and the quality and reliability shows. In the garage sat my old less streetable Accord that was housing my old A6+turbo setup and was living a life destined for death. The stress of leaving that car and what I have accomplished behind finally weighed on me enough to decide to bring to life some of the parts otherwise sitting still. So it began.

These are the most current photographs of the car. Under the body it is holding onto my D2 coilovers, rear brake upgrade, a front Energy Suspension sway bar, ITR wheels, and a lovely eBay generic exhaust system. Aside from a few interior upgrades (tint, cd player, subwoofers) it is stock and just maintained. I drive this vehicle everyday, but I have recently purchased a truck and still have use of my Passport and my girlfriends newest car, a Saab 9-3. Because of these things, I can afford some downtime to this car when modifying is happening.

This has gone on for a while, so I'm going to let this process for some and field any questions based on my past cars, my new plans, or how I will do what I do best. Below is a semi-teaser of the strangest project I will be undertaking to upgrade this car from a daily driver, to a semi street monster.

Cheers all. Let the questions fly.
    wat

Hey hey....looky there. That looks very familiar.

Is that an F23 IM?

I have one similar to that one!...lol

Can't wait to see what you do with yours!
    Last edited by GhostAccord; 09-05-2012, 04:32 PM.
    MR Thread
    GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Clean coupe!

I predict itb's.
      My Member's Ride Thread

Bisimoto header before & after dyno

1993 10th Anniversary: F22a6, H23IM, Bisimoto header, Custom mandrel exhaust, 5spd swap.

Comment

Being that this is in the FI forum.........Boosted individual throttles FTW!
        MR Thread
        GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Wouldn't that be pretty hard to tune, i've heard just ITB's on a N/A are pretty rough. I've never seen such on a honda it would look mean as hell!

02 Crv
          02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
          92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
          Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

No harder than it would be to tune any forced induction setup. The big thing is getting the throttle bodies synchronized and make a good manifold over the throttles to hold the boost.

Tuning individual throttles with a closed manifold/air box would actually be easier than tuning throttles that are open to the air. There is a larger sample for reading vacuum with a plenum over the ITB's.
            MR Thread
            GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

looking forward to the outcome of your build, if you need assistance or recommendations for your build do not hesitate to email me at Julio@Bisimoto.com

Comment

Thanks for the comments so far and thanks Julio for the offer of your company. You guys offer some nice stuff!

I'll provide a proper update later as I am about to run out, but just remember in reference to the ITB's and what section I've posted in as to how far this will go.
                wat

Comment

wow that is a clean car! subscribed and looking forward to more progress
                  <-- MRT

Comment

do you by chance still have your dynograph from your previous setup?

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

Working...
                    X