Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

turbo kit for our cars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

turbo kit for our cars

I was looking at the turbonetics for the 9497 accords and it says you can only boost to 250hp

I'm wanting 300 min

can I get the kit and change out the parts to boost to more whp?

if not, what kit do you recommend?
    visit vgruk

Do you have an f22b head? Also you should look into arias pistons.

Exhaust port configuration between f22a and f22b is different.

Also that $3900 kit is missing items.
    "Complete turbo kits normally include the manifold, turbocharger, intake, down pipe, fuel management unit and all lines and hoses needed. You need to purchase intercoolers, piping, blow-off valves separately in most cases, unless otherwise noted in our product descriptions."

If it were me I would secure a reliable dd then I would upgrade pistons to aftermarket forged and tear down the block to check its health and install ks bs eliminator. Then piece a T3/T4 turbo kit together yourself to save money and get the right parts. Consider methanol injection. When all assembled and idling bring it to a dyno for a healthy tune.
    Last edited by wildBill83; 09-28-2013, 07:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by wildBill83 View Post
      Do you have an f22b head? Also you should look into arias pistons.

Exhaust port configuration between f22a and f22b is different.

Also that $3900 kit is missing items.
      "Complete turbo kits normally include the manifold, turbocharger, intake, down pipe, fuel management unit and all lines and hoses needed. You need to purchase intercoolers, piping, blow-off valves separately in most cases, unless otherwise noted in our product descriptions."

If it were me I would secure a reliable dd then I would upgrade pistons to aftermarket forged and tear down the block to check its health and install ks bs eliminator. Then piece a T3/T4 turbo kit together yourself to save money and get the right parts. Consider methanol injection. When all assembled and idling bring it to a dyno for a healthy tune.
      ooh yea i got all that covered. i am just putting a list together for a year or 2 down the road. im at the point where i need to start getting an idea of what turbo i need to run. thanks for the help. i thought getting a kit would be cheaper.
      visit vgruk

Comment

Where is the link to this so called "kit" you are looking at?
        '94 JDM H22A: 178whp 146wtq

Originally posted by deevergote
        If you say double dutch rudder, i'm banning you...

Comment

http://www.andysautosport.com/honda/...s/turbonetics/

Heads up, a better kit for F22B heads can be found on eBay with the Turbonetics T3/T4 turbo included:
          http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw...+f22a&_sacat=0

It is much cheaper to source the items individually than order a kit that you will still need to source motor specific parts for.
          Last edited by wildBill83; 09-28-2013, 09:52 AM.

Comment

That's probably not the best "kit" to buy IMHO. For that money you could do better custom, or by Treadstone, which I believe is rated to 400-500whp with proper components.
            '94 JDM H22A: 178whp 146wtq

Originally posted by deevergote
            If you say double dutch rudder, i'm banning you...

Comment

When you buy a kit, you're paying extra for the convenience of having all the necessary parts assembled for you. The parts found in a kit aren't always going to be the best for your purpose. You'd be much better off assembling your turbo setup yourself. Not only will you be sure to get the proper parts for your needs, but you'll also be sure to learn what each and every part does, and why. When boosting a car that wasn't designed to be boosted, it's VERY wise to know each component intimately.

Comment

Working...
              X