Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

automatic turbo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

automatic turbo?

i was wondering if anyone knows of any h22a automatics that have been turboed and if so how well do the trannys hold up because i would like to turbo my car

if you have an automatic.. its gonna be eventually fried with boost unless you build it

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...=accord_drocca

Comment

eventually everything will get "fried" with boost unless you build it. but anyways im going to be turboing my automatic that has 167xxx miles on it! i plan on keeping it well maintained even though i know it will need to be replaced but then that means its time for a 5spd conv. so once i get the turbo on...ill let you know how it holds up.
      Last edited by LX Rida; 04-19-2005, 01:09 AM.
      92 DA9 // 93 D21 4x4 // 92 CB7

Comment

i myself am getting a trany built just for me!

^sold

Comment

I have a slushbox, and have been building on it since I found this site (even a little before). My tranny has 170,000 miles on it, and rides like the day it came out of the factory. Periodic maintenance and tune-ups provide a long lasting life for our engines. The automatic is strong, and can handle more of a beating than people want to believe. I've heard many of stories of fried clutches and manual transmission problems, while auto wise, I've heard of far less. Lastly, I'm boosting this summer, my car is a daily driver and I'm going to keep it that way. Get a compression check, if you're within tolerances than you are able to boost. I also have a tranny cooler installed for extra efficiency on my transmission. This will only help the tranny when I boost even more. Don't be turned away by the stick drivers, us auto's must stick together. lol.
          My Member's Ride Thread, Comments Welcome!!!

Comment

my motor only has 35000kms so i am pretty sure the motor will hols up it i do turbo it it will be on low boost so just let me know how you all make out and ya we auto boys should stick together. As far as i have read there is only 3/10 of a second difference between the auto and 5 spd in the quarter anyway! but we will be more consistent.

Comment

boosted2acoma's car which can be seen in the 4/16 meet picture threads is automatic. its the black 4dr turbo car next to mine at the top of the line up at the mall. auto isnt good for turbo. we both lined up at a light and i beat him and he's boosting at 8 psi. oh and btw his tranny is now blown at the moment

Comment

Ok look. 5 spds take less matience and are faster than autos. Autos fri like nothing and the only reason no one hears about autos breaking because most people who drive an auto accord are old people girls that don't like driving and tearing up their cars and people that don't drive like us 5 spd.

Ok anyway. don't turbo an auto it's not good for a electronically controlled tranny. Instead make it a manual so you can chage every gear when you want and have a car that last longer without the auto tranny problems

Comment

i have an auto and i can change gears whenever i want using my foot, u just gotta know how to drive it, oh and not only old people and girls drive autos

Comment

Originally posted by 93accordexcoupe
                    i have an auto and i can change gears whenever i want using my foot, u just gotta know how to drive it, oh and not only old people and girls drive autos
                    Lol, I do that too, IMO its better to have a auto for daily driving, also the auto stay in gear for longer meaning u stay in boost for longer.......I think.....

Whatever, I'm boosting this summer and when my auto blows = better reason to do a 5 sp swap

Great achievements result from great effort

Comment

Originally posted by hondaaccordf22a
                      Ok look. 5 spds take less matience and are faster than autos. Autos fri like nothing and the only reason no one hears about autos breaking because most people who drive an auto accord are old people girls that don't like driving and tearing up their cars and people that don't drive like us 5 spd.

Ok anyway. don't turbo an auto it's not good for a electronically controlled tranny. Instead make it a manual so you can chage every gear when you want and have a car that last longer without the auto tranny problems
                      With an attitude like that you're going to make lots of friends real quick...I'm sure of it.

AZNLXRIDER or Racer from HS boosted his auto, and it ran fine, he beat the shit out of the thing on a daily basis.

And ofcourse a stick beat an auto, both being boosted...That's a GIVEN! A stick equal in modifications will always take out an auto, but that's not the point here. I'm saying an automatic "PROPERLY" maintained can handle boost just fine, I'm not just saying it, I've seen it on here and in real life. I wouldn't go more than 7psi without a buildup, but the f22 can take it. Don't worry, I'll prove it in a couple months.
                      My Member's Ride Thread, Comments Welcome!!!

Comment

the only thing is is that have an h22 so i know that they are notorious for bad pistons so i was thinking about buying a set of weisco pistons oh well let me know how you make out

Comment

yea my trans held up pretty good considering i beat on it a lil here and there.... not 2 crazy but every once in a while..... it was slippin a lil before we went 2 the meet... at the meet tho... i beat the SHIT out of that thing worse than its ever been beat, thats why i blew it, but honestly if you take it easy that auto will hold up beautifully....

oh and sorry i 4got 2 introduce myself again... Boosted2aComa's BACK!!!

im gunna post pixx of the new cb7 soon and keep you guys posted w/ my project

Comment

WERD, dont dogg on the auto trans....I'll be boosting on an auto trans soon, and I've seen them hold up pretty well. I know of a 5th gen auto accord who ran 13.8s on slicks and daily driven. I think with the proper maintenance, the auto trans will hold up fine, as long as you know your limits and how to drive right.

Formerly 91AccordExR33
                            11.68 @ 127mph
                            417whp/375wtq
                            Sold: 8/2016

Comment

I got a auto and its going to be turbo at 158k

Dynamic racing

Look out for 4 point cb7 strut bars for dohc!!!

Originally posted by deevergote
                              bleh... i just put like 5 ounces of vodka in a 12 oz cup of mango iced tea...

Comment

Working...
                              X