Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

automatic turbo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a tranny oil cooler is good for the summer but not that good in the winter. we don't want to overcool the tranny. it has a normal operation temp as the engine does.
    there is a memember here that has a automatic turbo accord and i still haven't heart that he has blowen his tranny....
    the problem iwth the automatic tranny is that the tcm tell the tranny when to shift when to down shit etc etc etc....
    if the hardware like the throttle cable or the tranny cable are not adjusted right then it will mean the car will run like shit. it won't accelerate as fast and it will change gears faster or very later at high rpms.
    are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet

Comment

Originally posted by hondaaccordf22a
      ok look, i have had a lot of people boost their auto honda's and the tranny fries quicker than shit. And look what fun is it to drive a car you just put a turbo on without runnng the hell out of it. i live in a country town and me and my frieds race here and down in the city, turbos and non. I run the shit out of my 5 spd and it doesn't bother it a bit. The cv shaft is a different story. so i have reason why i now the autos are crap. i wish people wouldn't get on here and start running there mouth on something they have no clue about.
      thats exactly what im talking about bro....of course ur gonna blow ur auto tranny if ur driving it to "shit" with a turbo....you have to be smart about when to "hit the gas" and when to just cruise..... and comparing ur 5speed to an auto isnt the best thing...plus ur N/A...boost ur engine run the "shit out of it" and come back and tell me ur not gonna have problems.....the fact of the matter is that, YES, autos arent the best things to turbo, but there are things you can do to prolong the life...and driving them to shit is not one of them! You ask what fun it is to have turbo and not drive it to hell....well obviously ur on the wrong page... what fun is it to have a turbo...run the hell out of it...and break something?? hmmmmm
      F22a1-->F22A-->H22A-->auto-2-5spd-->K20 6spd-->F22C 6spd RWD-->4G63 6spd AWD-->K24 6spd????

Sold to: blackice, Myothercar, Rennat, Ilikebigbutts, HA91, DA92CB7, accord91lx, Cb7GHOST, Gemini, whiteaccord92,Warudakumi, jhondayaaj
      Bought from: 93twodoorLX, Datmofo, g7kobayashi, accord_inspire, Accord SiR, Kurobei, UK-Accord, phreakish93, RENR, k-mart

Comment

Originally posted by SMseagren83
        thats exactly what im talking about bro....of course ur gonna blow ur auto tranny if ur driving it to "shit" with a turbo....you have to be smart about when to "hit the gas" and when to just cruise..... and comparing ur 5speed to an auto isnt the best thing...plus ur N/A...boost ur engine run the "shit out of it" and come back and tell me ur not gonna have problems.....the fact of the matter is that, YES, autos arent the best things to turbo, but there are things you can do to prolong the life...and driving them to shit is not one of them! You ask what fun it is to have turbo and not drive it to hell....well obviously ur on the wrong page... what fun is it to have a turbo...run the hell out of it...and break something?? hmmmmm
        exactly, being stupid and raggin the hell out of ur car isn't the best thing to do if ur looking for reliability and life of the motor. We all know that the autos are at the disadvantage, no one said we werent. But the fact is that it can be done, and it can work.
        And as for you hondaaccordf22a, were those "boosted honda's" F22a accord's? Who cares if they were other hondas, this is a 4th gen site, and i can guarantee that other honda's auto transmissions vary. We've seen several members on this board do it and blow motors before trannies, proof is on here. I wish people wouldnt get on the board and generalize

Formerly 91AccordExR33
        11.68 @ 127mph
        417whp/375wtq
        Sold: 8/2016

Comment

yes i have auto and i plan to do the install on the 14th and 15th of this month

Comment

So i guess when some puts a turbo on a car is for show. No performance. I expect to break things, and i'll fix them, i already lost my tranny but i'll get another put it in and do it again, racing is pure fun a sport and when you put a turbo on a car i expect to race. It's good money when you win races, it's fun even if you don't. Look if your going to turbocharge an auto fine. Beef up that auto tranny and change the fluid everytime you do an oil change, but don't put a big ass turbo on there. The F22a are better with a turbocharger, but you'll destroy those piston sleves no matter if you run it or not. Make sure that air/fuel ratio is good so there is less chance of detenetion.

Comment

the only problem that i see with the turbo automatic is shifting..... u have to make sure that it has to shift in a safe rpm range. don't let it go all the way to red line otherwise u gona burn the engine....
              so i suggest some tcm work.

Comment

Originally posted by alb_accord
                the only problem that i see with the turbo automatic is shifting..... u have to make sure that it has to shift in a safe rpm range. don't let it go all the way to red line otherwise u gona burn the engine....
                so i suggest some tcm work.
                if that your worry mate then use the re accord tcu and it will reline at 6k instead ok 7k on the h22 tcu.
                90 Accord Coupe LX, Stock JDM H22A Engine 10.6:1 - Stock Automatic LSD MPA1 Trans, JDM P13 Auto ECU + JDM P19 TCU. Tune with Greddy E-Manage Ultimate
                < 317WHP/227WTQ@11psi> B/W S256 turbo, Daily Driving on 93 pump gas - since 2006. Driving Turbocharged CB7 Accord since 2002.

Comment

Originally posted by fizzbob7
                  how are you gonna burn an engine up shifting at redline......that makes no sense, redline is the maximum SAFE rpm of any engine.....and it's usually on the safe side, going 200rpm past it every time usually doesn't hurt anything
                  i am sorry. i probably put explained it wrong. the piston rings might give up at that high rpm+bost.......
                  that is what i wanted to say

Comment

Originally posted by alb_accord
                    i am sorry. i probably put explained it wrong. the piston rings might give up at that high rpm+bost.......
                    that is what i wanted to say
                    which is the same as on a manual tranny shifting at the same RPM

Formerly 91AccordExR33
                    11.68 @ 127mph
                    417whp/375wtq

Comment

Originally posted by 91accordexr33
                      which is the same as on a manual tranny shifting at the same RPM
                      yeah but an automatic accord engine strugles a little more than a manual one because of the torque convertor.<<<<< u guys know what that means right?

Comment

Generic hmmm....thats a burn. I have no clue whats going on, i guess i am a dumbass. I guess since i am going to school for high performance tech, i have no clue. I guess i no nothing about transmissions and turbos. Look i break my car constantly because i think it's so fun. How is it fun putting a turbo on a car and just cruising slow down the road or through town? and sorry i don't drive an automatic, i think they are boring as hell and are harder to work on.

Comment

Originally posted by fizzbob7
                          that's one generic post.......hard to tell if you know anything or not....just generic comments on the pessimistic side

Formerly 91AccordExR33
                          11.68 @ 127mph
                          417whp/375wtq

Comment

Working...
                          X