Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Concerned CB7 member...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think it's the "f22b14b17v2 big changes". yeah it is. running nicely. Well, If I don't have to do something, I wait until it has to be done. I don't need a wb until I have boost, so, whenever that happens, I'll revert back to Iam's original map that is rich like a mofo and tune from there.
    Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

negative...misconceptions on your part. Only change the boost section. And it would have been so much better on your pocket if you'd tuned the 0 vac section while you were still n/a.
      Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

haha coo.. thanks for the salute in cb7tuner yearbook.. appreciate the recognizion

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

One thing i will say boosting is not for the timid . Also its best to be hands on now and learn something about it because when you have a problem and you dont know how to diagnose it will be a pain in the ass and most mechanics out here are assholes and dont wanna do their jobs. Thats why i do my shit myself and have someone else out here tune my shit who im cool with and this dude is the fuckin man. But other than that i did all the work myself with little and no help. Even my moms helps me with transport when i need to go to home depot with something yaknow.

Comment

Originally posted by midnite racer x
            negative...misconceptions on your part. Only change the boost section. And it would have been so much better on your pocket if you'd tuned the 0 vac section while you were still n/a.
            are you saying use the f22b bug changes vac map, and run Iam's boost columns from his original basemap?
            Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

i agree and dissagree to some of the above, i think anyone that is goin turbo should know everything they are going to need and learn how to use uberdata. i agree that people shoudn't rely on r33 or mrx but at the same time they do have good base maps from and some ppl don't have time to be playin with their car to tune it from scratch 'like me'. some ppl work and go to school constantly and can't be without a car for long! Yes i read all the threads on how to make a base map and blah blah blah about uberdata, but if i wasn't able to get a base map, there would be no way for me to turbo my car cause i simply just don't have that much free time to start from scratch , so i need to get around with my only car. But anyways, anybody goin turbo should learn how to at least tune there cars usin uberdata and read how to instal everything thereselfs befor tryin to turbo, base maps from midnite and r33 just gets some ppl on the right track to get somewhere alot quicker/ plus helps them out by gettin them some $ for there pioneering experiences!

if it wasn't for them, i wouldn't have the time to start my turbo project!

Comment

Concerned CB7 member

Hey, I some-what agree in what you are saying. But some of us DO know what we are doing. I wouldn't think about boosting without management, an intercooler, a wide-band O2, a clutch and at least 93 octane fuel. Been two-stepping on 90,000 mile axles with no problems. YET!

Comment

I kind of feel like I shouldn't post in here since I'm fairly new, but I appreciate all the concerns/warnings from you guys like midnite and wikked. I'm not boosted, my cb7 is mostly stock, but everyone is right: maintenance/repairs FIRST along w/ more than enough research = a reliable, fun DIY project (if not beaten to death!)

There's no point in rushing on any project, b/c rushing takes all the fun away and really defeats the purpose of a quality DIY project. Thanks a lot guys and thanks for listening

Dan

Comment

there not saying don't use their basemaps. there saying don't rely on mrx/r33 to tune the basemaps for you. You need to figure that out yourself.
                    Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

<<<<this guy did a compression test b4 statred turbo kit ! 180 in all 4, perfect is 178. and i got $ ready for clutch cuz it has 117k on it just like the rest of the car and is oh so ready to go. as part of prep work for boost, i am changing most of the seals in the engine, i also got one step colder spark plugs as suggested by most turbo related forums and waiting for wires to come in.
                      h23a3 cb7 turbo sold

FS: 1 Piece JDM Headlghts blackhoused

My Members Ride !
                      New ride

'07 GTI Mk5 6spd

Comment

Honestly carlos..i have to take a lot of the blame for some of the carelessness that goes on in this site. Last year around this time, i decided to take my 200,000 mile engine and throw a bunch of used parts from a completely different car on it. I didnt change the head gasket, i didnt change the timing belt or the spark plugs. i connected a 2" downpipe to my stock exhaust and "tunned" it with a $35 SMC (i bet 95% of the people on this site dont even know what that is). its now 11.5 months later. my 13 year old boosted car, with a huge lack of general maintanance and no front torque stap and no filled mounts (some people seem to think the motor is going to fall out without it.) is running better than it ever did. who would have thought??? I think people see this and think it will happen to them. Whos to say when my luck might run out? tommorow? next week? next year? who knows. its a risk i took, got lucky so far, so people think its a bullet proof method to get 200whp. As much as it is my fault, i dont regret it one bit. i took a risk, i tried some stuff. Some things worked, some things didnt work. i feel great about my accomplishment and if i cracked a piston tommorow it would all be worth it and i would do it again and again.

the only thing i have left to say about this is. "Do as i say, NOT as i do"

RE "R33's Basemap":
                        i didnt read a lot of this thread...but anyway. people ask me to chip an ECU, i chip there ECU. i tell them its a basemap and should be tunned ASAP. Whether or not they listen is completely up to them.

and just for the record...I DO NOT HAVE AN "R33" BASEMAP. I HAVE THE BOOST COLUMNS I TUNNED ON THE DYNO AND THAT IS IT. NOTHING MORE. I dont even distrubute that tunned map anymore, unless it is specificly asked for and the recipiant understands ALL The risks involved. The basemaps on this site are MIDNITE's, (with the help of wikked, and even zigenballz). i believe iamannonymous has one as well.

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

Originally posted by WiKKeDV16
                          www.cb7tuner.com .....

read up... i mean seriously.. all the turbo info is here.. enough ppl have done dsm kits.. its not so much about how to do it.. ppl can do the turbo installs just fine.. its the aftermath.. (clutch wear/tuning/axle wear/maintenance) etc.. thats what ppl rarely look into..
                          no offense wikked. but ya seem to be contradicting yourself on this. ya mention how annoying it is to see everyone jump on the bandwagon. yet reading what has already been done... bandwagon.

but i do agree. people dont understand the stress in which a turbo starts. everything decided to fall apart at the wrong time with a turbo. boost leak here, crack there, oil under hear. ive been planning my setup, unfortunatly it took me a good 6 months to take all this turbo info in. (i was always against boost) im gonna start the process of piecing everything together soon. ive even started to design a few parts for cooler air. also began purchasing just basic maintaince stuff for when it all comes together.

on the case of the base maps of uberdata. i acually was thinking of getting that base map off of mrx or r33. but ive already started to research uberdata. if i did get there maps, i would only have to build on it (obvious since every car is different) its just a start for me.

i agree with you in a sense. but wikkid. its their cars. if they dont take the time to research and do there homework. let them deal with it. its their car, their problems. there should be no reason to get upset about it unless, well you have to fix it all. this is a forum guys! remember we are all here to help each other out. bandwagon or not. we all got the same love for cb7's.

Michalob's CB7

Comment

so when we sticking this motha fawka?

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

I remember a thread were mrx posted all the pre turbo prep shit he did, then a list of everything he had for the turbo. That list should be put in here and stickied!
                              Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

Originally posted by Michalob
                                i agree with you in a sense. but wikkid. its their cars. if they dont take the time to research and do there homework. let them deal with it. its their car, their problems. there should be no reason to get upset about it unless, well you have to fix it all. this is a forum guys! remember we are all here to help each other out. bandwagon or not. we all got the same love for cb7's.

if they dont take the time to research and do there homework. let them deal with it. its their car, their problems. there should be no reason to get upset about it unless, well you have to fix it all.

-funny u say that.. because the sad truth is WE DO.. us boost "Guru's" if u will.. have to sit here and look at threads about ppl's problem and try to fix their setups weither its via the internet or actually driving out.. and the only reason i posted this thread is.. im S-I-C-K like A-I-D-S sick of ppl bad mouthing the forced induction scene due to those few who went in cawk first.. into it and now are left with blown ringlands and a snail..

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

Working...
                                X