Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

turbo size on f22a6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

still the fact that there is a pressure drop puts wear on the turbo. because the wastegate opens in ur case when it sees 8 psi in the intake manifold, but for all you know the trubo might be putting out or 9-10
    h23a3 cb7 turbo sold

FS: 1 Piece JDM Headlghts blackhoused

My Members Ride !
    New ride

'07 GTI Mk5 6spd

Comment

For those who use t3 flanged turbo... which trim are you running and how much psi?

Comment

Originally posted by labatt50
        For those who use t3 flanged turbo... which trim are you running and how much psi?
        .60/.48 at about 6 psi now. i couldn't keep running it on a basemap at 10(which i did for 8 months)

Comment

t3-60trim .60 intake .63comressor, 8-10psi daily. wanting bigger turbo now/ or hybrid/respec the one i got. fully spooled at around 2.8k.
          Last edited by Backfire32; 10-18-2005, 02:33 PM.

Comment

HEY ANY OF YALL WANT A 20G.. U COULD MAKE SERIOUS POWER WITH THAT!
            SOME ONE WANTS TO TRADE FOR A EVO 16G BUT I NEED THE MONEY MOST OF ALL, I ALREADY GOT A T3. $450 SHIPPED.

on the side note, i thought if u used a bigger turbo like say a 20g or something compared to that, u would get alot of lag, and it wont spool as fast as say a 14b or 16g. i guess a big turbo is for people wanting high end power, correct and say a smaller 16g sized turbo is for people like me who want a quick spool and some good top end power. right? i noe the t3 is pretty big too, but ima see how it goes with that, if not then im moving to evo 16g.

Comment

Originally posted by T3h HoT!!
              SOME ONE WANTS TO TRADE FOR A EVO 16G BUT I NEED THE MONEY MOST OF ALL, I ALREADY GOT A T3. $450 SHIPPED.

on the side note, i thought if u used a bigger turbo like say a 20g or something compared to that, u would get alot of lag, and it wont spool as fast as say a 14b or 16g. i guess a big turbo is for people wanting high end power, correct and say a smaller 16g sized turbo is for people like me who want a quick spool and some good top end power. right? i noe the t3 is pretty big too, but ima see how it goes with that, if not then im moving to evo 16g.
              new or used?
              h23a3 cb7 turbo sold

My Members Ride !
              New ride

'07 GTI Mk5 6spd

Comment

just an update... i got the car! is this in mint condition except for 5th gear syncro... and sometime in 3rd. Really fun to drive and damn i like cruise control!

Comment

I've been thinking bout the charge pipes sizes and this is what I conclused(Not sure if it's a known fact or not)... smaller the charge pipes, less the lag. Because you see, your going for same pressure but with the smaller pipes, you have less volume to fill before your at full boost.

sorry to take up space, just thinking to myself...
                  My official vouch thread!

Updated!!! --> My official turbo progress thread

Comment

used once, under 500 miles though.

Comment

used once, under 500 miles though.
                      Thread Jacking...

Labatt, its damn hard to maintain all the accesories in this chassis when running the charge pipes. The easiest route i have found killed the P/S, AC and Cruise. People have done it on here, but the pressure drop looks to have definitely increased with the route they chose for their piping.

Comment

yeah your right about the piping abeing smaller and there being less lag but will that piping be sufficient when the engine wnats to breathe in high rpms?
                        h23a3 cb7 turbo sold

My Members Ride !
                        New ride

'07 GTI Mk5 6spd

Comment

There is a trade off either way...my thinking:

AEM CAI was 2.5 inches...so my piping is 2.5 inches...

Not necessarily right or wrong...oh hell im slapping that thing in my sig on my block soon so what diff is it anyhow...

Comment

Working...
                          X