Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Stock Block Highest PSI?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stock Block Highest PSI?

What is the highest PSI anyone has ran on a stock block? No ARP headstuds & never removed the head.

I have been cranking out 19psi on this little .57 ebay turbo E85. More than 30 pulls on 19psi

I thought 10psi was dangerous lol according to threads from back in the day?

Click image for larger version

Name:	19.3lbs.PNG
Views:	207
Size:	66.2 KB
ID:	4983252
    Attached Files
    Keep Pushing..

Ya. It says that. & Still dangerous (rods, etc), let us know when you do a whole summer of pulls

Comment

I have over one year+ worth of pulls. Put the engine in last August & beat the shit out of it every time I take it out. Well over 200 pulls on 14-16psi. I have way over 10,000 miles on this setup.

Anyone else walking the fine line lol?
      Keep Pushing..

Comment

Here is a pretty good video of the 19psi:

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/Lb_ksYUwIuA
        Keep Pushing..

Comment

I'm going on 8+ years on 15PSI on a built H22. I think time will catch up with you on this setup but great that it's lasted so far!

Comment

3:39AM in the morning but I am so stoked!

Finally hit a clean 20 PSI on the Stock Block F22b

Still stock head studs & the OEM headgasket.

This was beyond my goal & it is really motivating me to get the built block in the Civic.

I might post the video on Youtube, I will let you guys know.

www.HunterTuned.com 1500cc Injectors are too good if anyone is looking for injectors on a budget.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20.7lbs.PNG
Views:	172
Size:	7.7 KB
ID:	4983409
            Keep Pushing..

Comment

Hit 21.1psi lastnight! The air was so good at around 28 Degrees. I was trying to go out the night before but the wind was really strong.

I think this will be the max I will go on the stock block. Still no signs of the headgasket leaking or blowing out.

I am getting worried about the rod caps snapping though lol. Pushing the limit of the stock part for sure. Still have yet to see anyone on the stock block make this boost without ARPS.

Click image for larger version  Name:	21.1psi.PNG Views:	0 Size:	9.6 KB ID:	4983568
              Click image for larger version  Name:	21.1psi 2.PNG Views:	0 Size:	9.5 KB ID:	4983569
              Last edited by G. Wiffington; 02-05-2023, 12:52 PM.
              Keep Pushing..

Comment

Sweet! And maxing the injectors out?

Comment

Nope, still only half way there which is crazy. Duty percentage is at 56%.

I want to get more attention for people wanting to run a bigger injector on a budget. I am currently on the 1500cc HunterTuned. Only around $300 & they are Bosch brand. I think it's the best injector out right now for the budget. They idle perfect & cruise without any issues.
                  Keep Pushing..

Comment

Ring lands will likely be the first things to go. I’m amazed you’ve made it so long! Technically ANY amount of boost is very likely to break a ring land. Slightly widening the ring gap may help, though I haven’t actually seen that technique in action.
                    The “10 psi” rule of thumb is about as reliable as the pull out method.
                    I’ve known experienced professional Honda techs that built engines with brand new OEM components to blow them within a week with a properly tuned turbo setup. I’ve known people with janky high mileage 20+ year old engines boosted with junkyard parts and running a basemap to last years.

It’s always a gamble. I’m glad to see it’s working out for you!
                    but I would definitely expect the first casualty to be a ring land. It’ll probably score up the cylinder wall a bit when it fails. When you rebuild, go forged. Forged and properly tuned/maintained, it’ll last a very long time! Unless something stupid happens… which is always more likely as you modify an engine, no matter how careful you are, and how good your parts are.

Comment

Thanks Dev! Been a long time since I talked to you in a post.

Yeah the first setup I had I broke every single piston lol. I need to post up the pics but it was insane how they all broke. Surprisingly the motor still ran fine just a ton of smoke & that smell of burning oil is something you can't forget lol, smells so bad. They deff broke because of way too much timing under boost. & it was so sad because I was only on 7psi but I was also running 93 pump gas. That setup I was running Bisi springs but I ended up just taking the springs out of the equation.

I do have a built block sitting in my basement that I built, just waiting for the warmer weather to get it in the car. I just did a nice Cylinder Hone & #1 had a minor scratch but nothing your nail can feel. The new setup are Wiseco & some eagle rods.

Yeah I am amazed this setup has been almost 2 years now 15psi+ since I swapped it. E85 Ethanol is definitely your friend when going Forced Induction.
                      Keep Pushing..

Comment

Working...
                      X