Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

water injection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

water injection

how many c b 7 guys are running it? what parts did you use?

its crossed my mind...i remember seeing a diy on one of the aussie accord forums that a guy did for cheap...ill see if i can pull it up
    1993 CB7
    2001 BB6

Comment

im looking to run this on my next setup since i dont wanna upgrade my FMIC...I've seen good kits for about 3-400...

Formerly 91AccordExR33
      11.68 @ 127mph
      417whp/375wtq
      Sold: 8/2016

Comment

are you running a big t3 setup next?

ill probably do the same thing, theres even a kit you can part together from home depot that usually works pretty well, im searching for the link somewhere
        1993 CB7
        2001 BB6

Comment

Originally posted by 91accordexr33
          im looking to run this on my next setup since i dont wanna upgrade my FMIC...I've seen good kits for about 3-400...
          yeah the really nice kits with progressive contollers and such run that much.. i am about to do this on my eclipse and i have sourced all the parts and it should run about $120, maybe less since i heard a rumor that a dsm fuel pump is made with all ss internals meaning it could be used as a pump for water, alky, or methonal (which would cut the cost in half since the pump is the most expensive part). it will be activated with a pressure switch meaning once i hit 7 psi (its adjustable from 4-20psi since you guys run less boost than my 18psi) the injection turns on. i am going to use smurf piss (49 water 49 meth 2 water).. anyone interested in a diy?

Comment

i can't say enough good about wi.. i have seen charts where pre dyno air temps are around 190, after they drop to 109.. big big difference.. gets rid of a lot of detonation and allows you to run a lot more timing..

Comment

i would like a DIY!

my next setup is gonna be pretty big...i wanna go with a GT series and get 450 wheel

Formerly 91AccordExR33
              11.68 @ 127mph
              417whp/375wtq

Comment

if you could use a dsm pump, than you could do an ENTIRE 2 stage kit for under $120.. aquamist charges $500+ for that.. well the diy is going to have to wait because for the next 3 weeks i am going to be in laurel training..
                Last edited by flacopower; 08-08-2006, 01:45 AM.

Comment

this is what my DSM kit is going to consist of and basic prices:
                  going to tap into stock windshield resovoir (free)
                  either dsm fuel pump ~$15/ or shurflo 60psi pump $60
                  high pressure fuel injection hose ~ $15
                  12v solenoid to keep water from running through lines unless pump on ~ $25
                  hobbs pressure switch- $25 from napa
                  2 nozzles for injection ~$8
                  fittings ~10
                  clamps, jb weld, & tap- free
                  relay- $5
                  led's ~ $5

so around $110 for an adjustable stage 2 setup!

Comment

wow, i wanna hear about this dude! this may save me from gettin that huge FMIC! and i love DIYs....make ur setup so much more meaningful

Formerly 91AccordExR33
                    11.68 @ 127mph
                    417whp/375wtq

Comment

yeah over on the dsm websites its getting to be pretty big. and i was looking over on coolingmist.com, and my diy kit has more included than their $300 kit..

Comment

yea, i was savin up for one of their kits....only cuz it has a boost dependant controller....however, if we can tackle this DIY, then you know my choice!

Formerly 91AccordExR33
                        11.68 @ 127mph
                        417whp/375wtq

Comment

my friend has a magazine with a DIY for about $50. I'll go find it. I'm considering doing this as well in the future
                          Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

well hypothetically i could do this for $20.. but i don't really skimp out cuz stuff could go really wrong.

Comment

verified that dsm pump will work, and i keep hearing more and more bad stuff about the shurflo units so going with dsm pump

Comment

Working...
                              X