Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

The new F'n build begins...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I didn't realize you got this thing tuned already! I just saw a post on HT.

280whp is awesome! My coworker and I are getting ready to build a similar setup for our all-motor EG coupe. Probably not going to go as crazy with the bore or the stroke though.

What's the max safe RPM with your current setup? Piston speed must be pretty high at 8k rpm.

Is the Euro-R manifold ported? I'm guessing that the header is causing the restriction.

-Kyle
    Last edited by F22Turbo702; 02-02-2011, 02:57 AM.
    SOHC Non-VTEC F-series for life

"It is the fools prerogative to utter truths that no one else will speak."
    -Morpheus (The Sandman)

Comment

goddamn, the power really kicks in at 5k. thats almost shift point on a stock f22. lol
      I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Even with a stock redline based powerband, it STILL made over 240WHP.
        The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Any updates on this? How'd it do at the track?
          My Member's Ride Thread

Bisimoto header before & after dyno

1993 10th Anniversary: F22a6, H23IM, Bisimoto header, Custom mandrel exhaust, 5spd swap.

Comment

can you post all the engine mods you did as im looking into building my F also
            1992 Accord Cb7:

Comment

Holy hell, I had no idea this project was already pretty much finished and dyno'd!!!

Great numbers for sure, that's a hell of a set of numbers for a street F22 (at the wheels none the less). This just goes to show how it's possible for anyone to get amazing numbers out of an N/A F22Ax without any crazy magic.

Originally posted by Maple50175
              Oh here we go again. Maples other half.

Comment

Originally posted by 19dabeast85 View Post
                Any updates on this? How'd it do at the track?
                On her last pass, she ran a 12.01 @ 114.01 dragging her rear wheels for the first 60+ ft. (The e brake locked on her). Not bad for a car that weighs aprox 2550lbs with her in it.

1st pass 12.34 @113.69 1.78 60ft.
                2nd pass 12.15 @ 112.56 1.73 60ft.
                3rd pass 12.03 @ 112.53 1.69 60ft.
                4th pass 12.01 @ 114.01 1.72 60ft.

Although the last 60ft doesn't show that she was dragging anything, both rear wheels were locked up. I am sure the video of this pass will show this depending on the angle. She was so sad because this would have been her 11 second pass. Next tine for sure...

I am in the process of putting her set-up in a lighter Civic CX chasis. I found a super clean car to replace the heavier EX coupe. I also will be having a different header made as the pairing is definatley incorrect. Not drastic, but it should help a little up top.

Comment

Originally posted by F22Turbo702 View Post
                  I didn't realize you got this thing tuned already! I just saw a post on HT.

280whp is awesome! My coworker and I are getting ready to build a similar setup for our all-motor EG coupe. Probably not going to go as crazy with the bore of the stroke though.

What's the max safe RPM with your current setup? Piston speed must be pretty high at 8k rpm.

Is the Euro-R manifold ported? I'm guessing that the header is causing the restriction.

-Kyle
                  Wow... I didn't post anything on honda-tech.

This thing will rev, once we get the restriction figured out, passed 9K RPM.
                  Piston speed is high, but not as high as my H22 program. Honestly, I like a higher piston speed than what this F is using, but that is my opinion and might go against all rational thinking. LOL.

The euro R manifold is bone stock. I didn't have time to port it.

Comment

Originally posted by rezist09 View Post
                    can you post all the engine mods you did as im looking into building my F also
                    89mm GE Sleeves, GRP Rods, Aries pistons, 97.75mm crank, Bisi's head work, Web Cam (Bisi's Specs), Evolution IM adapter, Euro R manifold, BWR 70mm TB, custom header, Euro R trans, Mfactory 4.64 FD, liberty's face plated gears (no shynchros 1-4) And a whole lot of attention to detail on my part.

Comment

Originally posted by Joey GT-R View Post
                      How's the idle on the Level 3s? Are they streetable? On his site, Bisi says "Border-Line Race Duty"....the question is, how thin or how thick is that border? Are they versatile enough that I can go to the drag strip on the weekends but still ride around daily? Not sure if you remember but when I called you about dropping the Type-S pistons with the F22 components I mentioned clearances with that kind of cam profile. Only thing is, I have no clue how they run on the street.

And now that it's come to my mind, do you sell your cranks? For the price I'm probably paying to knife-edge, micro-polish, and re-balance an F22 crank, any chance you could do better? If so I might not even need the pistons and rods, just add that and go. I gotta do a rear main seal in the next week or so anyways.
                      We had to tune this on TPS only. The MAP reading were so poor that the car would not idle. We focused on WOT tuning because of the time crunch for this race. We will go back and fine tune areas in the mapping where there are definated driveability issues. Honestly, IMO this set-up drives more Like an ITB car than one with a plenum manifold. Basically... not nice. I don't know how much smoother it will get either once the tweeking is done. This is a pretty big cam.

Comment

wow I can't believe I haven't seen the updates on this thread yet. Gotta say, I am impressed with the results and glad that someone posted results of a build that made the kind of power that I knew the f22a was capable of.

What kind of fuel were you using when you made 280whp?
                        spin city

Comment

Originally posted by dbsharp View Post
                          wow I can't believe I haven't seen the updates on this thread yet. Gotta say, I am impressed with the results and glad that someone posted results of a build that made the kind of power that I knew the f22a was capable of.

What kind of fuel were you using when you made 280whp?
                          92 octane

Comment

VERY impressive, and a great build. With a redesigned exhaust manifold and some work on the induction system, this could see 300whp.
                            There are no black and white suspension answers!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mndude07 View Post
                              With a redesigned exhaust manifold and some work on the induction system, this could see 300whp.
                              Oh... it will.

Comment

Originally posted by 2point6 View Post
                                Oh... it will.
                                Awesome. Do you have any specific plans for both the intake and exhaust? Do you calculate your own diameters and tube lengths, or do you just try to weld up something with a good merge?
                                There are no black and white suspension answers!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X