Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Fully Built All Motor F22a1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it was an NA high end f22 stage 2. my dyno guy said that cam could put out alot more i dont have an adjustable cam gear yet so all my timing is does electronicly through my AEM EMS. so it will get better.

Comment

That's a very nice build man and nice numbers. Like others have said, the F22 has alot of potential for power (NA). That's what I want for my car. I'm not interested in H22 swaps, turbos, or SCs. I think a fully built F22 is more impressive. Good work man. This is truly an inspiration.

1990 CB7 - Almost Done - Delta 272, SRI, 2.25 catback, Bisi intake manifold gasket, A6 intake double stacked, H22 plenum, AEM cam gear, F23a block, F22a head, Wiseco K20 pistons, DSM 450cc injectors

2004 Z33 - Brembo BBK, Nismo spoiler, Nismo lip, Nismo shift knob, AEM CAI

Comment

Originally posted by Accordtyper91 View Post
        it was an NA high end f22 stage 2. my dyno guy said that cam could put out alot more i dont have an adjustable cam gear yet so all my timing is does electronicly through my AEM EMS. so it will get better.
        Cam timing and ignition timing are two very different things.

The entire system can only breathe as well as the smallest bottleneck allows. The stock F22A exhaust ports are quite restrictive, though the design is very good. Have those ports opened up by someone that knows the F22A (someone that Bisi suggests would be a great idea) and you'll see a considerable gain. A full port and polish will be great... but the exhaust ports are the restrictive part in the stock design.

I honestly wouldn't put much more money into the actual tuning of this motor until you do that. Your gains will be significantly better once you get that done!

CB7/KA8, you're right. The NA F22A really is impressive. It's one thing to say "yeah, I have a swap", or "I'm boosted"... When someone looks under your hood and sees a "stock" engine, they're truly amazed. When you have a swap or forced induction, people just say "oh, THAT'S why he's fast!"

Back when this site was young, Accordtunerx, the original owner, started what he called the FSAE. F Series Accord Enthusiasts. To be a bitch, I started the HSHO. H Series Hybrid Owners.
        The HSHO has totally died out... but you can still see remnants of the FSAE around here... Builds like this would make the original members of the FSAE very proud!

Comment

i am going to do that i have been suggested that a couple of times just dont have the time to pull the head and not have a car right now. but dont worry it will be soon and ill let you know how it goes. And ya building the F22 is awesome its different and it revs up quick as a bike and im not kidding. truely a fun motor to drive.

Comment

You're the first one I know to have a knife-edged crank in an F22. I've heard bad things about that regarding reliability, but I know it must make it rev like a monster!

It's a shame you're so far away... I'll probably never see your car in person I'd really like to see this motor in action!

Comment

shit dont say never eventually i am driving down to cali to get a new shell with no rust and then i am moving to north carolina. thats alot o the us to meet up some time..lol...but ya it is not a super drastic knife edging just enough to lighten it up and balance it. but it definently helped

Comment

Awesome.

And yeah, NC means we may see each other in the future! VA meets are always fun, and close enough for both NJ and NC. Sweet.

Comment

ya man that would be awesome im sure u will still be on here...i will hit u up when im out there. it will have come along way by then. this is just the begining

Comment

f22

whats your goal in hp range..post track times when you go.

Comment

Originally posted by Accordtyper91 View Post
                      ya man that would be awesome im sure u will still be on here...i will hit u up when im out there. it will have come along way by then. this is just the begining
                      I have to be on here... I run this place.

Comment

at the end all said and done i want to hit 300 but it wont be street legal by then....its not a drag car its and autocross car..thats where the high revs come in, it does really well i just need to stiffen her up a little more

Comment

300 will probably hurt you with autocross... your powerband is likely going to be narrow, and that's a lot of high-rpm power to control when trying to steer! Maybe not... I've never actaully driven, or even ridden in, an NA CB7 with that much power... so who knows. But yeah, 300 isn't something you want to drive on the street! HondaFan81 is making what I estimate to be about 250whp with his F22A build, and he wouldn't drive that car daily, he says.

300 IS doable, though.

Comment

i'm surprised you don't have LSD. awesome build non the less. later.
                            Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

I didn't even see that! Yeah, LSD would be a very helpful addition.

One thing at a time though, I suppose... There's already plenty of money sunk into this build. Not many CB7tuners are willing to fork over that kind of cash. Most people get their cars for $1000 or less, and the thought of putting that much more into it, let alone many times that, is unthinkable to them... yet they all have dreams of 300whp. There's only one path to impressive power, and you're on it.

Comment

ya im looking at getting an h22 trans with an LSD here soon. but no 300 is not good for autocross, but its perfect for a bigger road course type track. it just does not have the gearing for a full road course yet. i ran a road course once and i was coming down the straight and went into the breaks at around 150 something and it just had under street like hell. so it needs alot besides just more power I have brembo rotors and hawk pads and accord wagon calipers that stop awsome, but my suspetion is not good enough for those speeds. im running tokiko blues with tein lowering springs. so in the future it will get there.

Comment

Working...
                                X