Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

12.5:1 compression

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

12.5:1 compression

im in the process of building. a f22b dohc head on a f22a6 i have je 12.5:1 forged pistons and i have bored it out to 86mm a p14 comp aem full length cold air with a msd external blaster series 2 coil dc sport header and high flow cat along with apexi cat back and obx 10.5mm plug wires and i have done away with my ac/ and ps. can any one give me an estamite on the hp i might have ay the crank, this engine should be back together by the end of the week if the machine shop would hurry up with my block and i will dyno the damn thing and give a post

did you do headwork/cams? That would help a lot, considering the compression. my GUESS would be around 195hp at the crank...
    Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

Originally posted by 92ex
      did you do headwork/cams? That would help a lot, considering the compression. my GUESS would be around 195hp at the crank...
      just a standard head job 3 angle valve job, are h22 cams interchangable with the f22b dohc head,

Comment

nope
        -Mark-
        CB7
        CD5

And if i could swim I'd swim out to you in the ocean
        Swim out to where you were floating in the dark.

Comment

Originally posted by ACC0RD22
          nope
          thought so some fuck head and me were arguing over it earlier, what are some other thins that i could do to significantly raise my hp on a small budget

Comment

Originally posted by 12.5:1
            thought so some fuck head and me were arguing over it earlier, what are some other thins that i could do to significantly raise my hp on a small budget
            or any budget at that matter with the set up i have

Comment

with that kind of compression id say u should do some head work and really aggressive cams it may not idle when ur done but it will rip

"Tucking tires and wires."
              The Chronicles.

Comment

What he said^^^
                and how "small" of a budget?

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Originally posted by 12.5:1
                  delta regrind 272 cams(h23), some adjustable cam gears. That get you some nice power. I'd like to see this go against a h22
                  Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

Originally posted by J-specCb4
                    with that kind of compression id say u should do some head work and really aggressive cams it may not idle when ur done but it will rip
                    do you mean that it wont idle with the stock cams or the aggresive ones and what type of head work did you have in mind please give details this is my first all out build and i want it to be the shit, ive built 3 d15bseries but just pretty much rering thats all, were can i find aftermarket f22b dohc cams or am i just gonna have to have the stock ones reground, help me out if you can guys
                    Last edited by HondaFan81; 03-20-2006, 12:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by J-specCb4
                      with that kind of compression id say u should do some head work and really aggressive cams it may not idle when ur done but it will rip[/QUOTE do you mean that it wont idle with the stock cams or the aggresive ones and what type of head work did you have in mind please give details this is my first all out build and i want it to be the shit, ive built 3 d15bseries but just pretty much rering thats all, were can i find aftermarket f22b dohc cams or am i just gonna have to have the stock ones reground, help me out if you can guys
                      budget of now more than $1500 thats about all i have to work with
                      Last edited by HondaFan81; 03-20-2006, 12:04 AM.

Comment

for cams you can use h23 cams. He meant it would idle like shit if it had extremely aggressive cams. Looks like it pretty well on it's way. If you want some ideas, check out hondafan81's 2 project cars.
                        Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

shit, for that amount you should have your head sent out to dh-racing or jg. you can get the regrinds from deltacam.com

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Originally posted by 92ex
                            delta regrind 272 cams(h23), some adjustable cam gears. That get you some nice power. I'd like to see this go against a h22
                            are you saying that h23 cams will work in my head

Comment

yes, h23 and f22b dohc are the same head, different block, well, almost the same head. but yea, they will fit. but since you are going for some aggressive ass set up get some 282's instead of the 272's. you will idle like a cammed v8

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Working...
                              X