Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Adjustable cam gear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adjustable cam gear

So it looks like there are no adjustable cam gears for the f22a anymore, I haven't been successful in finding a used one, and I can't seem to find a generic Honda 40 tooth adjustable gear anywhere. This is one of the final pieces I still need to get before I start building. Anyone have any ideas or know of another vehicle that has a cam gear that can work? Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Size9zombie; 03-28-2021, 01:06 PM.

Under Construction​​​​​​​​

It looks like OBX still makes them. Not top quality, but definitely one of the better “knockoff” brands.

http://www.megatunning.com/obx-blue-...ccord-2-2l-f22
    i have no experience with that seller. Just found it on Google.

Comment

Thank you, sir. Don't know why that site never popped up in the numerous searches I have done with all kinds of different keywords, lol.

Comment

Update on this, I purchased the cam gear from the link above deev left, I received gears for a b18, 34 tooth gears. The seller is unresponsive and I had to go through PayPal to get a refund.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Cam-Gear-Ad...7891046?_ul=IL
        If anyone is looking for a cam gear for the f22/23 this link will get you one. I ordered and have received one and it appears to be of good quality, although time will tell.
        Last edited by Size9zombie; 07-09-2021, 10:17 AM.

Comment

Well, this evening I was putting a cam seal in the wife's CD so I put the cam gear I have linked in the previous post on, curious to see if it fit and I would get another one for the CB. It fit on the cam perfect and all looked to be well, until I was installing the belt and spun the engine over by hand setting the tension of the belt. The belt started walking off the front of the pulley, I wanted to see how far it would go, so I finished tensioning the belt and started it up. It walked about a cm off the face of the pulley and stayed there. Any ideas what I can do about this?I took pics but need a new hosting site, wish we could just upload them straight to here.

Comment

You can upload pics here now. & the pulley must have some play that the other didn't. guessing the shaft is smaller by 1-2mm allowing wiggle?
            There's always a reason for belt walk...

Comment

I think you're misunderstanding what I'm saying about the belt walking. This is the 2 pulleys side by side face down. As you can see the center hole that rides on the shaft sits deeper toward the engine on the stock pulley, making the outer ring sit further away from the engine.

So when I put the belt on the cam pulley, the belt sat closer toward the engine than on the other pulleys. So when the engine was spun over, the belt straightened itself, walking down off the gear. The pulley wasn't loose, and I have taken it off and put the stock cam gear back on.

I don't know that this is enough to hurt anything, but I'm unhappy enough with it that I will not be running this cam gear. It is too late to send it back for a refund, and I have some extra stock gears laying around, I think I'm going to try and fabricate something.

Comment

I see what you mean. The inside depth is different. So I would not use this. You could rig something up but no need to play with fire here. It's simply not compatible.

Comment

Yea it's disappointing and frustrating, was marketed as fitting the F series. I guess when it comes time to assemble my cb (unless I can find a used cam gear, not holding my breath) I will have to just have the stock cam gear. I have searched like crazy, but no luck.

Comment

I mean all you need is a spacer really....... but I wouldn't risk it.

Comment

Yea, not doing that. Maybe I'll get lucky and run across a used one, fingers crossed.

Comment

Did you do a balance shaft delete by chance on this motor? And I’m not referring to just cutting the belt? But actually removing the shafts and putting a delete kit on.
                        ~Nick~
                        FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
                        MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

No the CD has a stock engine, and until time for a rebuild it will stay that way. Why, what do you have in mind?
                          Last edited by Size9zombie; 09-13-2022, 09:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X