Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

build up of JDM F20B DOHC VTEC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wafflefries
    It is. I still wanna see times for a stock f20b.
    Not particularly... More so than an H22, but it's NOTHING like a B16.
    Originally posted by sweet91accord
    if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by fatboy1185
      all you have to do is look it up. the stock f20b came in like a 97 chassis and ran a mid to low 15 i believe.

people in the import scene usually dont race stock motors lol. if you buy a motor to swap into a car, pretty much everyone buys performance parts for it right away.
      Must be why everyone with an H22 runs low 15s..all those "performance parts"
      To-Do List for Today
      Be Awesome

Comment

Originally posted by wafflefries
        Must be why everyone with an H22 runs low 15s..all those "performance parts"
        Or they cant drive. anyways, no stock f20b times here, sorry
        Current 2016 Ford F150 XLT Sport
        Past 1990 Accord EX Sedan
        Past 1990 Accord LX Sedan
        Past 1991 Accord LX Sedan
        Past 1993 Accord LX Wagon
        Current 1991 Accord EX Wagon

Comment

what tires do you have now....size?brand?
          My Members Ride Thread

Comment

Why was my title changed?
            You can change it back, but I felt it was more descriptive. There is another F20B motor, for anyone looking this up in the future, may be good reference material. Even on this forum, not a very common motor. If I did a swap, I'd get this one, still unique even among enthusiasts and got alot of TLC straight from factory Honda.
            HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Originally posted by ceelooboob
              what tires do you have now....size?brand?
              195/60/15 Falken Ziex ZE-512

Originally posted by HondaFan81
              You can change it back, but I felt it was more descriptive. There is another F20B motor, for anyone looking this up in the future, may be good reference material. Even on this forum, not a very common motor. If I did a swap, I'd get this one, still unique even among enthusiasts and got alot of TLC straight from factory Honda.
              oh, got ya. thank you, i feel the same. i love it! i want to prove that you can break into the 13's with just bolt on's, so hopefully i'll be able to do that

Comment

hell yea i think you can benefit from some drag radials....maybe some 205-50-15 bfg drag radials....it would bring your 60' times down for sure.
                My Members Ride Thread

Comment

Originally posted by ceelooboob
                  hell yea i think you can benefit from some drag radials....maybe some 205-50-15 bfg drag radials....it would bring your 60' times down for sure.
                  i just have to get more track time, with this heavy of a car and my LSD tranny, i should be able to get 2.1 sixty footers

Comment

Hondafan has asked me a few questions, and i'd figure i would post them up incase anyone else had the same questions.

1) Running an exhaust system other than ESP header? If so what size?

2) What specific axle shafts are you using for drag racing? How they holding up on the high RPM launches.

the ESP header has a 2.5 inch collector. welded onto that are two, 2.5 inch cherry bombs, which go all the way back to the first turn, which is then reduced to 2.25inch piping, to a 2.25 inch muffler. Could this be hurting my flow? even though the 2.25 inch piping is near the back??

My axles are stock, holding up fine, one even has a small tear in the boot right now ....... i havent really done any high RPM launches because i have been on street tires, slipping the clutch at 5k results in too much wheel spin, so ii've been slipping the clutch at around 3,800rpm

Comment

went to the track today. worst day of my life. ever. Show up at 10:30 with hopes of getting lots of runs in. I ran 3 times, only 1 of which i didnt shut it down halfway through. broke my throttle cable, and my speed sensor....

very first run of my life ever is the only run that i finished. launched, hecka bad wheel hop. All of a sudden, near the top of 1st car loses power, just for a split second, then kicks back in, resulting in hecka more wheel hop, slam it in second, even more wheel hop.

anyways the wheel hop and lose of power resulted in a 2.8 sixty footer . finished with a 15.2 @ 96mph....

this is what happend to my throttle cable

dont ask how, but the metal casing that is around the cable became pinched and twisted, thus making the cable immovable, thus my second run resulted in the throttle being stuck wide open, and me having to turn the car off half way down the track.

so now the speedo doesnt work, and the car is hitting the two-step at 5k whenever i try and speed. drives fine under normal rpm range.

horrible day. someone please talk to me
                      what better of an excuse for a cluster swap ^_^ swap the cluster thats for the motor

that 6th gen accord motor is a direct swap plug and play? all stock mounts or did u upgrade?

i knwo its an F to an F but my 90 prelude SiR has a B21 and it wont will only drop in other prelude b20 from the same generation. wont fit any b16, 18, or crv b20 in there w.o completely new mounts
                      frostwhite225@gmail.com =VENMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOB38zJu66o

[COLOR="Magenta"]

Comment

Originally posted by xkjnboix
                        what better of an excuse for a cluster swap ^_^ swap the cluster thats for the motor

that 6th gen accord motor is a direct swap plug and play? all stock mounts or did u upgrade?

i knwo its an F to an F but my 90 prelude SiR has a B21 and it wont will only drop in other prelude b20 from the same generation. wont fit any b16, 18, or crv b20 in there w.o completely new mounts
                        lol that was a while ago, the speedo wasnt working because my speed sensor came loose. fixed that. front and rear motor mount is filled now, so it is much stiffer than stock.

Comment

nice vid buddy!

Comment

Damn, climbs pretty quick. Sounds nice
                            3 CB's gone....
                            1 WK Overland....

Still miss the CB though......maybe one day.

Comment

Damn you and your awsome gear-ratios! My civic needs a lude transmission.

Comment

Working...
                              X