Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

build up of JDM F20B DOHC VTEC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HondaFan81
    What is the max RPM on these motors you take it to? Does it come stock with its own oil catcn can/crankcase breather system?

stock redline is 8200, but i've heard of people reving it over 9k with stock internals, so i dunno exactly.. and i think the answer to your second question is no
    Current 2016 Ford F150 XLT Sport
    Past 1990 Accord EX Sedan
    Past 1990 Accord LX Sedan
    Past 1991 Accord LX Sedan
    Past 1993 Accord LX Wagon
    Current 1991 Accord EX Wagon

Comment

yup stark rice revs his f20b to 8700 all the time hes got the sirt version so its a bit more stable at those revs then the sir version but both still will be able to do it

PSN ID's:Tidashoni
      1992 Accord EX Coupe
      My FS Thread
      Not so DD 2013 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
      Originally posted by deevergote
      Boosting with a carb is like being a sniper with a bazooka... it works, it gets the job done, but it's not the most precise method.

Comment

I just wondered on the breather system on these motors at the higher RPMs, as I will be getting there on my white project.

Where do the breather port and PCV breathe to then off the valve cover? Is it like a stock H22 motor with breather port going into the intake (which the creator of this thread has/blue hose I saw in photo) and the PCV just goes into the intake manifold, PCV still functional?
        HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Cisco, that is the same design as the F22 and H22. valve cover to IM port, then valve cover to intake.

I'm gona make him install a catchcan when I get down there.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy
            Cisco, that is the same design as the F22 and H22. valve cover to IM port, then valve cover to intake.

I'm gona make him install a catchcan when I get down there.
            I see. I just wondered if the stock system was sufficient enough when you got an H22 engine that revs a bit higher basically. I know that B16 VTEC motors do not have sufficient crankcase breather systems stock and they can cause issues to people that rev the crap out of their motors, so this motor would fall into a similar category I would think. I would definitely improve it, doesn't hurt.

Check out my white Accord project thread in my sig. I just shot photos of my new crankcase breather can, it will be on the first post of my thread as always. All photos on are first page basically.

Comment

Yea, a high revving motor definitely needs an improvement in crankcase pressure relief.

My plan for this setup is a little different than what I've seen.

A catch can with 3 ports, all for hoses, a port for a breather filter, and a port on bottom for draining.

I will have hoses running from both outlets of the valve cover to the catch can. The 3rd line goes from catch can to IM port(or port on intake, haven't decided yet) with a pcv valve inline.

The gases from the catch can reduce octane levels. Installing a breather on the catch can will bring fresh air into the system and will also eliminate the chance of any positive pressure going into the intake.

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy
                Yea, a high revving motor definitely needs an improvement in crankcase pressure relief.

My plan for this setup is a little different than what I've seen.

A catch can with 3 ports, all for hoses, a port for a breather filter, and a port on bottom for draining.

I will have hoses running from both outlets of the valve cover to the catch can. The 3rd line goes from catch can to IM port(or port on intake, haven't decided yet) with a pcv valve inline.

The gases from the catch can reduce octane levels. Installing a breather on the catch can will bring fresh air into the system and will also eliminate the chance of any positive pressure going into the intake.
                Take a look at my setup on my project thread tonight, that's when I'll post it up (can't at work). I have nothing going into the intake piping or IM. I have no PCV either, just simplicity. I highly suggest modifying your own can, start off with an Ebay one for cheap and use that as a base. Don't pay ridiculous money as they are all basically crap and expensive for not being a complete system.

Comment

I'm gona make fabricate it myself.

Comment

that sounds like a good idea d112crzy i may do that too but with 4 ports

1992 Accord EX Coupe
                    My FS Thread
                    Boosting with a carb is like being a sniper with a bazooka... it works, it gets the job done, but it's not the most precise method.

Comment

Last 3 photos on this post show my catch can setup. Just FYI for you guys.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showpost...1&postcount=18

This post explains my setup, simple:

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showpost...&postcount=368
                      Last edited by HondaFan81; 01-25-2008, 06:48 PM.

Comment

good job man, this build looks great!

will you be able to have video feed for us upon your satisfication of completion?
                        "Self Renewed"

Comment

He'll have video/photoshoot/tunage in one weekend.

Comment

my header is being shipped on monday, so as soon as that shows up i can drive back home and get to gettin
                            Current 2016 Ford F150 XLT Sport
                            Past 1990 Accord EX Sedan
                            Past 1990 Accord LX Sedan
                            Past 1991 Accord LX Sedan
                            Past 1993 Accord LX Wagon
                            Current 1991 Accord EX Wagon

Comment

sweet eli

1992 Accord EX Coupe
                              My FS Thread

Comment

A concern has come up.

He is running the stock OBD2 F20B injectors, which are 270cc saturated(high impedance).

Now, without the resistor box, they would pretty much flow about 315cc, which is still pushing it with the power he will most likely make(i dont like running above 80% duty cycle).

The problem is, he is running the resistor box as far as I'm concerned and from what the pictures show.

He is running a p28, which run saturated injectors(high imp), but he is also running the resistor box. Now, I don't even know what map he is running(he could be running a map set for saturated injectors or non saturated injectors, it makes a difference)

I wonder what effect this has on how the injectors fire.

Either way, I'm forcing Eli to get obd1 clips and buy my dsm 390cc injectors.
                                Last edited by d112crzy; 02-08-2008, 12:35 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X