Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.


The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.


For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.


Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Installing nitrous

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    Actually i have my afr perfect at idle,it jumps sroun between 12 and 14.5, from there on out to wot its actually really rich untill i get it all adjusted, im running around 10.5 to 11 all the way from1500 rpm all the way throough my boost, my buddy baked and melted his pistons running lean so running a little rich till i get it perfect at wot throttle is better than lean, at least it wont hurt anything, thanks, and thank u toycar!

    Comment


      #17
      Originally posted by tootall View Post
      Actually i have my afr perfect at idle,it jumps sroun between 12 and 14.5, from there on out to wot its actually really rich untill i get it all adjusted, im running around 10.5 to 11 all the way from1500 rpm all the way throough my boost, my buddy baked and melted his pistons running lean so running a little rich till i get it perfect at wot throttle is better than lean, at least it wont hurt anything, thanks, and thank u toycar!
      No problem man!!


      Sounds like a good plan. Running rich is always much safer than going lean!

      What is your injector duty cycle running now? Do you have room left in your injectors?


      Sounds like you are a lot closer to being able to setup n2o than I thought. Glad you got your tuned dialed into something thats atleast safe!


      Originally posted by wed3k
      im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

      Comment


        #18
        running too rich hurts power and can wash out your cyln walls and pollute your oil.

        Just a note....
        running excessive fuel pressure(+60psi) to compensate for high injector duty cycle @ 45psi fuel pressure is also bad. High fuel pressures will inevitably cause unreliable injection.... Then you end up lean and you get the exact thing you were trying to prevent, a meltdown in the engine.

        I can't believe I missed this:
        Originally posted by domesticated
        20:1? He's gonna blow the welds on his intake...
        Lol, i hope your just trolling some fast and furious banter there.

        Comment


          #19
          Originally posted by MortsAccord View Post
          running too rich hurts power and can wash out your cyln walls and pollute your oil.

          Just a note....
          running excessive fuel pressure(+60psi) to compensate for high injector duty cycle @ 45psi fuel pressure is also bad. High fuel pressures will inevitably cause unreliable injection.... Then you end up lean and you get the exact thing you were trying to prevent, a meltdown in the engine.
          Absolutely.
          Honestly, there's only one way to do it right... and that's the right way. Relying on a rich mixture or high fuel pressure to compensate for a halfassed approach will eventually result in disaster.

          Rich is safer than lean in terms of immediate damage, but rich will cause issues as well (in addition to the things already said, running too rich can cause carbon buildup, which could lead to valves that don't properly close... and it can also foul plugs and sensors, which can cause a number of issues.)






          Comment


            #20
            Yeah I agree that theres only one way to do it, the right way.

            However, 10-11:1 is MUCH safer than 20:1, and that was what I was eluding to.

            Ive been emailing back and forth with this guy for probably a year helping him where I can.


            Im proud of him to be honest with you guys. He knew NOTHING about tuning when I first started talking back and forth with him.

            His tune isn't perfect, but holy shit has it come a long way. And hes not using an emulator, so its trial, log and error for him. Its by far the hardest way to tune, and he is/was new to it.

            to you Josh
            Originally posted by wed3k
            im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

            Comment


              #21
              Originally posted by toycar View Post
              Yeah I agree that theres only one way to do it, the right way.

              However, 10-11:1 is MUCH safer than 20:1, and that was what I was eluding to.

              Ive been emailing back and forth with this guy for probably a year helping him where I can.


              Im proud of him to be honest with you guys. He knew NOTHING about tuning when I first started talking back and forth with him.

              His tune isn't perfect, but holy shit has it come a long way. And hes not using an emulator, so its trial, log and error for him. Its by far the hardest way to tune, and he is/was new to it.

              to you Josh
              Grats for helping a newcommer in the world of car mod.

              Respect for taking time to help.

              Comment


                #22
                Honestly I wouldn't even go this route especially since you have turbo. I personally would just go the turbo route make sure my motor is built for power and then take it to the next level.

                Then just change the setup with it for more boost. Its the heat that messes things up why not water meth injection on top of that turbo setup. It will do you a world of good and you don't have to constantly fill up the bottle.

                Comment


                  #23
                  Check dates much? Haha!
                  '93 H22A 5SPD SE - MRT - DIY-Turbo Sizing - Chassis Dynamics Data

                  Comment


                    #24
                    Originally posted by domesticated View Post
                    Check dates much? Haha!
                    Your saying this to a member of 10years. I'm pretty sure his post isn't nearly as bad as some who revive a post almost 2 years old.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X