Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

umm how come?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

umm how come?

so this is a great power adder and great topic of discussion so why the hell is this topic so dead? share experinces trials and tributlations
    My other ride is your ex-wife

you first.

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

haha I'm not even quite sure I know what you're asking brother.

Comment

I already asked this question before... It either that most people are scared to use it or some use it but dont want anyone to know. I love nitrous its fun just cost waaaaay too much. Its suppose to be a cheap power add but in the long run its cheaper to run boost. But any day of the week I'll take nitrous over boost.
        Oil leak?What oil leak? That's just sweat from all that horsepower!

Applied knowledge is power!

NITROUS FOR YOUR BODY

BIRTHDAYS ARE JUST AROUND THE CORNER
        registration is free

Comment

yeah
          Formerly: sheisanonymous

Comment

im actually debating on what to do for my next motor build. i wanted to experiement with nitrious and see if i could run a 150 shot and then bring it up to a 200 shot.

im pretty sure that is just asking for a face full of shrapnel but...

-flat top forged pistons
            -aftermarket rods with ARP hardware
            -arp studs
            -mild port and polish
            -regrind cam (not sure what type of cam to run)
            -sleeved block with a block guard?
            -it would be nice if i could get a steel crank
            -killer fucking valve job

probably stick with the f22, still want to pass smog but probably try and hit 12's on the drag strip.
            I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

I think also that another reason is that it's illegal to use it on the streets in some areas, so people just don't bother

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

nitrouss power addition stops when the bottle runs low...turbo keeps going no matter how long you go...that's my guess any way...

course...the two combined...that'd be quit a show....

sorry...couldn't resist but yeah...that's my guess. I still like the idea of nitrous...I just like turbo or supercharger more...
                ____

Comment

Originally posted by bcjammerx
                  nitrouss power addition stops when the bottle runs low...turbo keeps going no matter how long you go...that's my guess any way...

course...the two combined...that'd be quit a show....

sorry...couldn't resist but yeah...that's my guess. I still like the idea of nitrous...I just like turbo or supercharger more...
                  Its true I think thats the biggest reason most people stray away from nitrous... that and its illegal on the streets. But I tell you nothing gives you the feeling of juice... One second the car is normal the next its nasty. I love it cause its stealth... No one knew I had nitrous no matter how many times I popped my hood or trunk. Its awesome...

NITROUS FOR YOUR BODY

registration is free

Comment

Yea nitrous is easy to hide. Well the tank you have t oget creative but the solenoids and stuff that stuff is easy to hide.

The New-ish Ride
                    My old Ride
                    Hear my Vtak!!!
                    MK3 Member #3
                    I piss off people for fun.
                    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
                      Yea nitrous is easy to hide. Well the tank you have t oget creative but the solenoids and stuff that stuff is easy to hide.
                      i bet most people still dont realize that i have a whole nitrous kit installed in my engine bay...

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                      - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                      - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                      - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                      - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                      - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                      Current cars:
                      - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                      - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Originally posted by cp[mike]
                        i bet most people still dont realize that i have a whole nitrous kit installed in my engine bay...
                        lol yours is mounted exactly where mine was except mine was a little further towards the fire wall. And it was covered by a vacum line... No one could find it at all. Even tho if you looked really really close you could see it. This time... well I cant tell ya'll but its going to be good.

NITROUS FOR YOUR BODY

registration is free

Comment

Originally posted by cp[mike]
                          the one in your sig? Where's my glasses...
                          ____

Comment

It isn't that expensive. I'm still selling my kit on here for 200 plus shipping. Not exactly expensive. I think it is like twenty bucks to fill the tank too.

Comment

nitrous is dangerous lol

ever seen f&f

Ride: 2002 Lexus IS300

Comment

Working...
                              X