No announcement yet.

SPC Balljoint Kit Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i'm leaning towards this camber kit. thanks for the review. hopefully i won't be low enough for the infamous bang.

oh and that pic of the inner wear is without a camber kit i'm assuming.

Comment

So when the ball-joint goes bad, do you have to buy a new SPC ball-joint? How much is that compared to a regular ball-joint?
      HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow1 View Post
        where can you get this kit from? how much?
        I paid 160 shipped from eBay, but as Tnwagn said, Summit works too. Summit is pretty much guaranteed to have better customer service.

Originally posted by minoreparations View Post
        i'm leaning towards this camber kit. thanks for the review. hopefully i won't be low enough for the infamous bang.

oh and that pic of the inner wear is without a camber kit i'm assuming.
        Yessir, inner wear was with no camber kit.

Originally posted by HondaFan81 View Post
        So when the ball-joint goes bad, do you have to buy a new SPC ball-joint? How much is that compared to a regular ball-joint?
        To be honest, I have no idea if you can purchase the ball joint alone, but I doubt it's possible. The SPC catalogs I've seen do not show a separate part number for the ball joint itself. Also, other than the ball joint, there are only three small parts, so if there was a ball-joint-only option, I wouldn't expect SPC to cut costs much by foregoing the rest of the kit.

And OEM ball joints are only obtainable if you purchase the entire UCA, which will run about $300 for both sides.

Comment

Originally posted by TheNextEpisode View Post
          I paid 160 shipped from eBay, but as Tnwagn said, Summit works too. Summit is pretty much guaranteed to have better customer service.

Yessir, inner wear was with no camber kit.

To be honest, I have no idea if you can purchase the ball joint alone, but I doubt it's possible. The SPC catalogs I've seen do not show a separate part number for the ball joint itself. Also, other than the ball joint, there are only three small parts, so if there was a ball-joint-only option, I wouldn't expect SPC to cut costs much by foregoing the rest of the kit.

And OEM ball joints are only obtainable if you purchase the entire UCA, which will run about $300 for both sides.

Summit sell them individually. Well one per wheel at least for $79 but a whole kit on Ebay is $95 buy it now with free shipping.

Im getting my self a set soon. need them dearly.

Comment

Originally posted by HondaFan81 View Post
            You would most likely have to purchase an entire new kit, but replacement would be incredibly easy. Pop the joint out of the knuckle, unscrew the top nut of the old balljoint assembly, and put in the new lower plate with balljoint, re-install nut, and finish up. No pressing involved.

Originally posted by Maple50175
            Oh here we go again. Maples other half.

Comment

while we are on camber kits.... say u got the xtreme drop... could you use this kit along with the other kits (ingalls ) ????
              Members Ride sold...
              I'm back...... with a coupe. oh boy here we go.

Comment

Originally posted by loud92CB7db18 View Post
                while we are on camber kits.... say u got the xtreme drop... could you use this kit along with the other kits (ingalls ) ????
                Mixing camber kits is highly inadvisable. They screw with the suspension geometry enough with just one. Having two would completely fuck your shit up.

Plus, what kind of drop are you talking about that can't be brought back to spec with the SPC 1.5-3.0+- Balljoint?

Comment

Originally posted by Tnwagn View Post
                  Mixing camber kits is highly inadvisable. They screw with the suspension geometry enough with just one. Having two would completely fuck your shit up.

Plus, what kind of drop are you talking about that can't be brought back to spec with the SPC 1.5-3.0+- Balljoint?
                  i was just curious i guess if your out +or - 3.0 then urs just fucked anyway. but i was just curious being i have some GC coilovers coming in within the next week or 2. I am putting 205-50-15's on the car tomorrow i hope so with the smaller tire size and the coil overs i wanna be low but not chew through tires so just incase the balljoints didnt fix the camber yeah i was just curious lol noob question sorry
                  Members Ride sold...

Comment

I have the SPC balljoint kit, and it bangs on hard bumps and some dips.

Comment

Originally posted by JaK FRoSTWhiTE View Post
                      I have the SPC balljoint kit, and it bangs on hard bumps and some dips.
                      do u have the tall nuts or the slim nuts??? and hows the camber on the car?
                      Members Ride sold...

Comment

Originally posted by loud92CB7db18 View Post
                        do u have the tall nuts or the slim nuts??? and hows the camber on the car?
                        I have the newer style.
                        I forgot to check when i did my alignment.
                        But no camber wear since last summer.

Comment

Even with a coilover setup the 1.5-3.0+- balljoint kit will be enough to correct the camber to bring back to spec.

Comment

I though that the upper control arm bushing was welded on so i couldn't replace it other than buying a replacement arm.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2620526 190E Mercedes Benz
                            http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3065882 Accord Under major Repairs

Comment

Every part of the UCA can be replaced.

Comment

Didn't even notice there was a page two.

Originally posted by JaK FRoSTWhiTE View Post
                                I have the newer style.
                                I forgot to check when i did my alignment.
                                But no camber wear since last summer.
                                mm Your drop is far more substantial (and hardcore) than mine. I bet the lack of camber wear, though, makes it worthwhile.

Originally posted by Chirs190E16v View Post
                                I though that the upper control arm bushing was welded on so i couldn't replace it other than buying a replacement arm.
                                Just as Tnwagn said, everything is removable. It really doesn't require much force at all. It actually took far less force than any of the bushings on the CRX.

Tnwagn is on top of it.

And regarding mixing camber kits, I'd assume you mean using a ball joint kit and an anchor kit simultaneously? While that might correct camber, by that point your upper a-arm would be begging to destroy your fender. The anchor kit pushes the a-arm out and the ball joint kit raises the highest point of the a-arm... you'd be better off just getting the ball joint kit and sacrificing a little camber wear.

Comment

Working...
                                X