Tein S-Techs or H&R Sports on KYB AGX?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tein S-Techs or H&R Sports on KYB AGX?

im getting KYB AXG's what would be the best to get tein s-techs or h&r sports?
    my car is slammed now and so freakin bouncy but i handles well but only on smooth ground turns. they are ebay coilovers set all the way down. on stock struts. i like the lower look but dont like the bouncey feel. so if anyone has the s-techs let me know how they are on the ride. and if anyone can tell me the difference in hieght please do. and mostly the difference in quality.
    thanx

dont know very much about the s-techs, but i do know that the h&r sports lower about 1.7-1.8" and the ride is fairly smooth. i think either one would work great.
    91 4DR Accord LX White Auto
    Generic Mugen Lip
    Generic Intake
    EX 4-2-1 Header
    Dynomax Muffler
    Skunk2 Coilovers 560lb/in and Koni Yellows
    ST Rear Sway Bar
    17" Eagle Alloys/Kumho 711's

Comment

so the kybs are the way to go then? i can get them for $292 shipped

the s-techs: $149
      and the h&rs $149
      shipped

if there are any other recommendations i would take them.

Comment

i like the idea of haveing more japanies products on the jap car. so if i get good replies about the teins i would like to have them

Comment

I've been told S-techs are more of a show spring than a sport spring, but what that actually means, I'm not 100% sure of.

Comment

Yeah, I heard tein s-tech springs are soft. I recently ordered H&R sport springs and the reason why I went with H&R was because I like the drop and the company makes springs for race cars so I trust that they can make a quality spring.

Comment

id go w/ h&r sports or neuspeed sports
              Nighthawk Black Pearl ES1

Comment

i have some tien hi-techs but i am gonna probably get something different because they are only a 1" drop. the s-techs are really soft! like a mattress
                COLBALT CB7 2NER # ?

Winnipeg HAVOC Member: kNate

Comment

i have agx with the s-techs and i like the ride...theyre as stiff as i wanted them to be but nothing bone jarring...i love my setup...here are some pics of the height

hope this helped some

Originally posted by fizzbob7
                  first off, don't be a sissy bitch.....that's what you're being
                  Originally posted by ACC0RD22
                  no need to get sand in your vagina over this guys.
                  So. Cal OUTLAWZ

Comment

why dont you put your car in your sig?

JDMED

buy my jdm part
                    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?p=544951#post544951

Comment

What size rims/tires are those? I wanted Teins for the JDM factor but saw your car and didn't like the drop. Now I see them and they don't look too bad though...still prob. gonna go w/the DF210s.

As for the orig. poster's situation, your shocks sound blown. If you want good handling, go with Eibach Sportlines...they'll push the AGXs a little though, but I haven't heard of anyone blowing them. I know a guy with Sportlines on Tokico Blues and it looks and rides fine. On the other hand, if you just want a dropped look and a comfortable ride, either of the Sports springs, or the Sprint 2.5"s will work on any struts. I'm torn between a couple of springs (and some financial crap, damn tickets) but there are a lot of drop springs with near stock rates, which will basically give you a stock ride. It all depends on what you want. I'd go for the Sprints.

Originally posted by lordoja
                      im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by 4drcord
                        why dont you put your car in your sig?
                        im not done with the new look yet...im just waiting to black house some other things and i'll be done

Originally posted by gloryaccordy
                        What size rims/tires are those? I wanted Teins for the JDM factor but saw your car and didn't like the drop. Now I see them and they don't look too bad though...still prob. gonna go w/the DF210s.
                        rims are 18" and tires are 225/40R 18 the pic in the old sig i had was taken before the suspension install so that might be what your talking about...these are my newest pics

Originally posted by fizzbob7
                        first off, don't be a sissy bitch.....that's what you're being
                        Originally posted by ACC0RD22
                        no need to get sand in your vagina over this guys.
                        So. Cal OUTLAWZ

Comment

S-Tech is Tein's "dress up" spring. Not for sport use, but Tein, so they're good. The H&R Sports are what I have, along with AGXs. A little rough (though I have the shocks set at a fairly stiff setting) but tolerable. The handling is tight, but I could stand to have a little more control. You lose hold when the road gets bumpy around a turn... that's normal with a stiffer suspension though. I'm running on 17" x 7.5" wheels and Falken Ziex tires... about 1 degree negative camber.

Comment

I'm riding on KYB AGX's, but I'm using the H&R Race spring. I love it, and I think it's the perfect drop too. The ride is excellent, espically if you're rollin' on stock shocks right now. I noticed a HUGE improvment, and I'll push my set up 'till the cows come home!

Check out the pics of my car in the Member's Rides section if you want an idea on how the car would look with an H&R Race drop...
                            www.vancouveraccordclub.com

Comment

im riding on s. techs on stock shocks (yeh im dumb dont worri ima get new shocks) but yeh..the ride is smooth..handles well in the canyons ( )...but i'd go with the H&Rs if ur looking for a stiffer ride because the s techs are mainly for dress up..the drop is nice...im happy...oh yeh im rollin on 15s with ecstas...peace.

Aiko (then) & Ayu (now)

Comment

Working...
                              X