Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SERIOUS CAMBER advice

Hi,

So, Im looking to fit a set of wider wheels on my car but im going to need about 3-4 degrees of negative camber. Ive been doing research on the SPC and Ingalls kits but I'm worried I wont have enough desired camber in order for my wheels to fit. Has anybody had any experience with this? Thanks

Gabe
    Wrecked, Revived, and still Rollin'

Check out my MRT!

Originally posted by deevergote
    The most unique "modification" these days is a full restoration. Take a 20+ year old Honda and make it look brand new... and it'll be more impressive than the guy with the stock-block turbo and plastidipped steelies.

Sounds like you're trying to force a wheel onto a car in which it doesn't fit. If that's the case, nah; we don't have much experience with those....
    '94 JDM H22A: 178whp 146wtq

If you say double dutch rudder, i'm banning you...

Comment

Originally posted by Joey GT-R View Post
      Sounds like you're trying to force a wheel onto a car in which it doesn't fit. If that's the case, nah; we don't have much experience with those....
      gotcha. Maybe i'll try stanceworks.

Check out my MRT!

The most unique "modification" these days is a full restoration. Take a 20+ year old Honda and make it look brand new... and it'll be more impressive than the guy with the stock-block turbo and plastidipped steelies.

Comment

I think Joey is saying it is not a good idea.
        Be unique, like every other person.

CB7 Sold________________________E34 Sold________________________E39 Current

Comment

/\what they said. Wheels that "Fit" and "need 3-4 degrees of negative camber" in order to do so are mutually exclusive.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
          Originally posted by Stephen Fry
          'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
          Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

Originally posted by XCRN View Post
            I think Joey is saying it is not a good idea.
            That, and the fact that if a wheel "requires 3-4 degrees of camber to fit", that likely also means you're going to be running a ton of tire stretch.

Figure out how much tire you can fit on the car, and buy wheels to reasonably accommodate that. Don't wreck the functionality of your suspension and make the car unsafe just so the VW people will think you're cool.

FYI, can almost guarantee you don't need more than 2 degrees of camber.

Comment

Originally posted by Phate View Post
              That, and the fact that if a wheel "requires 3-4 degrees of camber to fit", that likely also means you're going to be running a ton of tire stretch.

Figure out how much tire you can fit on the car, and buy wheels to reasonably accommodate that. Don't wreck the functionality of your suspension and make the car unsafe just so the VW people will think you're cool.

FYI, can almost guarantee you don't need more than 2 degrees of camber.
              LOL for the VW people? Yeah, no. Rather than bashing my style, why not just try and provide helpful information? (Phate actually did that) I see a lot of bootsy ass accords on this site and I bite my tongue because it might be dumb to me, but its somebody elses style.
              "To each it's own"

Thank you all for your responses but like I said, Stanceworks might be where I do most of my business from here on in.

Check out my MRT!

Comment

Originally posted by High5er View Post
                LOL for the VW people? Yeah, no. Rather than bashing my style, why not just try and provide helpful information? (Phate actually did that) I see a lot of bootsy ass accords on this site and I bite my tongue because it might be dumb to me, but its somebody elses style.
                "To each it's own"

Thank you all for your responses but like I said, Stanceworks might be where I do most of my business from here on in.
                We aren't bashing your style, we are trying to keep you and other people on the road from getting hurt. Almost all of the responses in this thread have been factual, rather than opinions.

'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry

Comment

Stanceworks is a goddamned echo chamber for automotive bad decision making. Seriously, pick up an automotive engineering textbook sometime, learn how this shit works, and then understand why 85% of the cars on stanceworks are rolling deathtraps.

The only exception would be if you were going to be running on air, allowing you to hard park with the best of them and raise the suspension back up so the car can actually work properly.

Comment

Originally posted by steelbluesleepR View Post
                    We aren't bashing your style, we are trying to keep you and other people on the road from getting hurt. Almost all of the responses in this thread have been factual, rather than opinions.
                    I feel as though you could find a happy medium between the the style and functionality. Thats what I'm trying to achieve. Unfortunately, the wheels I have are just a bit too big. Im not gonna just throw them on and let them poke out. Thats just plain gross. I'm just trying to get them to fit. I have an Ingalls -1.5 +1.5 kit and the SPC extreme low kit for the rear. Im just going to throw them on and see what I can do. I want to avoid a lot of camber because A) its ugly as hell, and B) it wears the hell out of your tires. Im not really planning on buying other wheels for this car so I might even consider a slight fender pull.

Check out my MRT!

Comment

I feel as though you could find a happy medium between the the style and functionality. Thats what I'm trying to achieve. Unfortunately, the wheels I have are just a bit too big. Im not gonna just throw them on and let them poke out. Thats just plain gross. I'm just trying to get them to fit. I have an Ingalls -1.5 +1.5 kit and the SPC extreme low kit for the rear. Im just going to throw them on and see what I can do. I want to avoid a lot of camber because A) its ugly as hell, and B) it wears the hell out of your tires. Im not really planning on buying other wheels for this car so I might even consider a slight fender pull.
                      some flares might not be a bad choice either. Ronald_type-R had some really good looking ones on his CB.

Comment

I'm really having trouble shaking the thought that you're going to be running tons of tire stretch. But yeah, do a pull/get some flares and stuff as much tire under the car as you possibly can.

Comment

I want to try to avoid getting flares. I'd rather pull the existing fender as much as possible. Only thing is, is if you pull more than a quarter of an inch, the body lines of the car stsrt to look like shit. Or so ive been told.

Check out my MRT!

Comment

not to mention how fast your tyres will wear. im lucky to get 6 months out of a tyre and im only on super low springs. about 90% of my tyre is almost un touched but the inside is through to the steel belt. yes its each to their own and its your ride BUT a word of wisdom...dont be stupid is all we are saying. im speaking from 20 years of experience mucking about on cars. think of the long term bro. the expense is gonna be massive just for a bit of low and wide...not worth it imo

“I’d rather lose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me. Your car is your story, so don’t let someone else write the book.”
                            — Mighty Car Mods

Comment

Working...
                            X