Wagon rear subframe differences

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wagon rear subframe differences

I have a 91exr wagon and my rear subframe just broke the other day close to the bottom control arm mount. I searched and read the wagon subframe is spaced 30mm longer but where/how?

I'm like the only wagon in my small city, am I screwed til I can find a wagon subframe for my daily driver?:'( What can I do if I never find a local wagon subframe and ordering out aint a option?

It's too thin to weld back together unless I fab up a whole lower control arm mount and then guess/hope it's in the right spot. Wagons are so frustrating when you don't know what part you have so you can't just run out and get it!
    4000watts just so all the haters hear me comin!

Cross beam for wagon (LX or EX) is part number 50300-SM5-G01, there is a different part number for sedans/coupes. According to www.hondaautomotiveparts.com, the cross beam has been discontinued (list price is $511). You'll have to find one used at a local yard or through a locator service. If you're lucky, someone on here may be parting a wagon and would be willing to send it.
    90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
    08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

You can bolt a sedan subframe onto a wagon body, but then you'd also need sedan control arms and complete spindles. Basically you can't mis-match rear suspension between wagons and sedans, but you can swap the complete assembly.
      1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

Since you have an EX you want another one from an EX to retain your sway bar. Your choices for a replacement are:

'91-'97 Accord EX wagon
        '94-'97 Accord EX
        '92-'94 Vigor
        '95-'98 2.5TL
        '96-'98 3.2TL
        '97-'99 2.2/2.3/3.0CL

All of those are going to have the correct spacing for the control arms and provisions to mout the rear sway bar.
        My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

LX wagons also have a rear sway bar.
          1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

You're right. I'm confusing it with the 10th Anniversary that had rear discs but no sway bar. Good catch.
            My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

My 2½¢ ..Drive to LA and get one from the two I saw in the JY. I have no idea what a subframe looks like nor am I able to remove it. I wish I was younger so I could do stuff like that.

Old wagon - Silver '92 LX Wagon - Steve (Shadow)- STOLEN ON LABOR DAY 2012
              New wagon- White '92 LX Wagon on 1/3/13 (Frostbite)

2000 EX Coupe - Joe -

www.AccordWagonClub.com
              My Facebook Site - ACCORDOBSESSION

Comment

Thanks for the info guys, u guys are life savers! Thought I was royally screwed into making a custom subframe. I'm stuck in a small town on like the farthest east coast of canaduuh so LA is like on the other side of the world for me. Lol:/

Update: I got a subframe from a 99 CL, only one I could find… it's a Lil different, the sway bar bolts to the bottom but still hooks up to the wagon mounting points no prob though. All the control arms are the same length as my wagon OE's but double stamped together so I went with em since 2 of my OE lower control arms had seized bolts which I had to burn out… and where it bolts up there's like thick ass bushings… it sure turns a lot sharper than before.
                Last edited by Binladin; 04-16-2014, 03:36 AM. Reason: Update
                4000watts just so all the haters hear me comin!

Comment

Working...
                X