Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nuespeed front tie-bar --- it could fit a little BETTER.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I might still have some tweaking to do later. Upon driving it tonight discovered that there is in fact still a little of the whine when turning the wheel at parking lot speeds.

So the P/S hose is touching the bar or the chassis just at that moment. I suppose I'll go ahead and pull the zip ties completely tight now to ensure it at least can't touch the bar and see if that doesn't help ...

I am so jazzed about this damn bar. Tonight I went through some familiar S- curves and was agog at how the car held up. I am now able to do things you shouldn't be able to do with worn tires (touring tires at that).
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Comment

Originally posted by deckeda
      I might still have some tweaking to do later. Upon driving it tonight discovered that there is in fact still a little of the whine when turning the wheel at parking lot speeds.

So the P/S hose is touching the bar or the chassis just at that moment. I suppose I'll go ahead and pull the zip ties completely tight now to ensure it at least can't touch the bar and see if that doesn't help ...
      I gotta tie my bar back on Friday. My car whines like a b!tch. However, it is possible to get it all working so it doesn't whine at all.

I am so jazzed about this damn bar. Tonight I went through some familiar S- curves and was agog at how the car held up. I am now able to do things you shouldn't be able to do with worn tires (touring tires at that).
      Fun, isn't it? Do you have any other suspension mods? I do recall you mentioning the Pro-Kit awhile back?

Comment

BNot to hijack, but on the topic of these things, is it true they wont clear the H22s valve cover?

Comment

Originally posted by xScott
          BNot to hijack, but on the topic of these things, is it true they wont clear the H22s valve cover?
          According to Adam (H23Accord) they won't clear the H22 valve cover.

Comment

They will not fit over the h22 even if you try to notch it. Notching works on all the other DOHC swaps though. I havent tried to fit one over mine, but seen quite a few pics of why it wont work.

Comment

Originally posted by AccordWarrior
              ... Do you have any other suspension mods? I do recall you mentioning the Pro-Kit awhile back?
              Yes, about a month ago I installed Pro-Kits and KONI Reds (adjusted to middle settings as recommended by KONI when used with the Pro-Kits.)

And that's it, unless you count the front anti-sway bar bushings done over a year ago.

My only beef is that it's harsh over impacts. I recently drove a CB7 w/ 137,xxx miles which was like a new car compared to mine in terms of minimizing impacts.

My ride is smooth and tight tight tight controlled but when you hit a small hole or big crack in the road it gets transmitted with no absorption. It's as if the various control arm and radius rod bushings have hardened with age. My balljoints or something also makes a "skritch" sound when going over bumps at low speed. I'm sure it all needs replacing.

BTW it was like that with the OEM springs and shocks, so it ain't my new setup.

Comment

My balljoints or something also makes a "skritch" sound when going over bumps at low speed. I'm sure it all needs replacing.
                BTW it was like that with the OEM springs and shocks, so it ain't my new setup.
                mine does the same thing, before my drop and now..i think its bushings becasue mine haven't been changed
                -1992 Accord EX H22 234whp 185wtq
                -1993 Accord EX SOLD
                -1995 Accord EX Wagon Daily Driver
                -2012 GMC Canyon V8 4x4

Comment

You'll please ignore the filth.
                  its not so bad, mostly dust....lol.
                  The steering is now so direct that it's as if the steering gear is quicker. I can only imagine that if such a bar had come stock, car mags might have made BMW comparisons as far as steering response goes. .
                  put a bigger anti-sway bar on there and see what you think. good times. later.
                  Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

That's the thing --- now I have a better foundation for doing other things. Like real tires, hehe. But this bar does things an anti-sway bar cannot. Damn I wish I had it on last week, I would have had you drive it to see. Next time, just remind me.

Comment

I have 2 Neuspeed front upper braces for both of my Accords and they are meant to be a tight-fit. It is normal, you have to use a 'lil force to get it one, but once it's on, it ties everything in nice. Noticeable steering response after install.
                      HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

I had a 1 hour lunch break today and attempted to install my newly acquired Neuspeed strut bar. Failed. I got the upper control arm bolts on the strut bar, but the shock bolt on the passenger side has a thick ABS wire in the way. Will try again tomorrow

Comment

Working...
                        X