Clear All

FatFourCustoms / Fastbrakes issue...

Click image for larger version

Name:	0FA21738-B879-46E0-B733-6FC74A8EA136.jpeg
Views:	351
Size:	14.2 KB
ID:	4978589

92 cb7 coupe...

So when I attempt to insert the LCA connecting bolt through the rearmost LCA it comes into contact with the fastbrakes rear big brake kit adapter

has anybody had this issue? does anyone have a workaround or suggestion as to what options would be best to keep the suspension and brakes intact?

not looking to trim or shave the brake adapter but those LCA’s look pretty beefy and could likely handle a few mils of clearancing.

Hoping for some feedback guys

I have the rear LCA, but not the fastbrakes. Start shaving is all I can say Looks like the big brake kit could of used an angle on the corner vs. 90deg too.

Comment

The brake bracket bolts come through the corner and nuts go there to hold everything in place... kinda sceptical on shaving the control arm but it is beefy so...

Comment

Agreed. If you had to shave something I'd to the LCA. But not that the brake bracket is under a lot of load. Probably 200x less load than that LCA. Got any better pics of this area?

Comment

wow, that's pretty much right on top of each other.

I wonder if swapping in the CD5 (94-97) rear subframe and knuckles would solve this. They are dimensionally the same, but the longer rear control arms were moved forward by 1.5 inches, I am guessing that would be just the right amount of gap in just the right place. But I could be completely wrong, and that is a TON of work only to perhaps find that it doesnt work. Maybe buy just a single rear knuckle from a junkyard, just to see how the components fit together?

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
          - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
          - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
          - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
          - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
          - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
          - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
          - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
          Current cars:
          - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
          - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

I had the cd5 knuckles installed and wanted to go the cb route due to the alignment having .07 degrees toe out on each side so was always scrubbing... maybe if I just ran the cd5 Lca by ffc that might work..

I sourced the cb knuckles from fleetwood and had them blasted and rust bullet coated to protect them so this is what happened after install.

I shaved some of the cb Lca and it fits decent with about 3 mm clearance so yeah hoping it holds up !

Comment

Working...
            X