PLM 3 Point Strut Bar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PLM 3 Point Strut Bar

Thought I'd share this awesome news, PLM is making 3 point strut bars for our accords. Rare to see our chassis receiving love from manufacturers. I placed my preorder and got to chat with them, apparently this week they will have it fully manufactured and the price will go up so take advantage now of the cheaper price while you can.

Here's the direct link:

https://privatelabelmfg.com/collecti...nda-accord-cb7

Comment

Fire
      Attached Files

Comment

It looks cool! Really cool! But ahh don't know about this. It's the opposite of every other 3-point bar I've seen which have the long bar on the right and short on the left, so that the part that bolts into the ....... wiper arm part doesn't conflict / hit the wiper motor unit. I'm sure it probably works but .......i dunno.....

Comment

Damn, I didn’t think of that, once I get it I will update this post.

Funny enough I jumped on this as soon as I saw it without even looking into it because I dragged my feet for years to purchase the explicit speed performance bar and now they are out of business.

Comment

Keep in mind the PLM photos posted were just renders, so the final product could easily look a bit different. But am I alone in thinking billet aluminum parts just look tacky as hell? I feel like this is definitely a phase in tuning culture. Makes me sad that ESP went to shit, because theirs was a decent looking strut bar. I wasn't crazy about the square tubing, but at least it wasn't a visual distraction when you open the hood. And I prefer a welded one-piece brace. I'm going to 'settle' for the two-point Ultra Racing bar just to have one that doesn't look out of place. At least until I start welding (hopefully in the next couple years), so I can make my own parts exactly how I want them...
            Last edited by CyborgGT; 08-30-2022, 10:45 AM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

I considered going the PLM route, but even when my GF saw it online she said ew, then saw the price and said ew lol. So I'm working on designing a single 2 point with CF tubing. Should be around 250-350 for the front and probably 50 less for the rear.
              '93 H22A 5SPD SE - MRT - DIY-Turbo Sizing

Comment

Originally posted by pz3rd View Post
                Damn, I didn’t think of that, once I get it I will update this post.

Funny enough I jumped on this as soon as I saw it without even looking into it because I dragged my feet for years to purchase the explicit speed performance bar and now they are out of business.
                Hey pz3rd, I know this thread is old but did you ever receive your PLM 3 point strut tower bar? Does it fit?

The two point UR bar seems cheap to me. This three point bar that attaches to the bulkhead / firewall probably is a noticeable difference in stiffening up the front end.

Man I wish I could find an old school DC sports or GAB or Cusco bar, I wonder if they even made them for the CB7 Accord.

Comment

Originally posted by UnicornHondaSE View Post

Hey pz3rd, I know this thread is old but did you ever receive your PLM 3 point strut tower bar? Does it fit?

The two point UR bar seems cheap to me. This three point bar that attaches to the bulkhead / firewall probably is a noticeable difference in stiffening up the front end.

Man I wish I could find an old school DC sports or GAB or Cusco bar, I wonder if they even made them for the CB7 Accord.
                  Cusco did, but it was a 2-point bar with bolt-on ends. Looks really nice, but probably not very functional since it swivels.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Hmm, yeah looks good and has three or four bolt mounting plate, but only two connection points , and the bar doesn't rotate.. Probably notice a little bit of structural integrity increase but not like a three point.

I forget which it is but if the bar rotates it tightens and pulls the strut towers together (such a small degree or pull) or you can loosen it. I cannot remember if it changes uundersteer or oversteer.

Comment

It's not a track car so I'm not trying to split hairs on performance, I just want a quality made piece that eliminates some of the sloppiness that is felt on crap roads and turns.

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
                        It looks cool! Really cool! But ahh don't know about this. It's the opposite of every other 3-point bar I've seen which have the long bar on the right and short on the left, so that the part that bolts into the ....... wiper arm part doesn't conflict / hit the wiper motor unit. I'm sure it probably works but .......i dunno.....

I'm glad I bought my ESP bars when I did, before they took a dump. They have been fantastic. Huge improvement in rigidity.
                        The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Fat Four Customs just launched a 2-point front strut bar. Naturally, they immediately sold out of the first batch, but the design is there, so it will be available again.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CvyUD0kxWYG/?img_index=1

... and once again, I'm not a fan of the way this bar looks either. But at least it's solid. I'll keep an eye out for people who install theirs powder coated, maybe I'll change my mind.
                          Last edited by CyborgGT; 08-12-2023, 12:15 PM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

You guys might check out the factory '97-'99 Acura CL bar. It's 2 point, but was designed by Honda and is very stiff. Being that the CL is a 1997 Accord, it "might" fit 90-97 Accord. Anyway, if you see one in the salvage, probably won't cost that much to give it a try.

Comment

Looking at images online, it actually appears to be a 3-point, bolting to a bracket at the firewall. But the side points bolt further up the strut tower, not the strut bolts, so I don't see it fitting. Worth checking out at the yard though, if both a CL and a CB happen to be there on the same day. If it lays down on the CB strut towers nicely, some riv-nuts and a custom bracket for the firewall could take care of the rest of the install. Would certainly look OEM if you were going for that.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Working...
                              X