Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Collecting parts:Koni yellows, H&R vs Neuspeed

Koni yellow's:

Honda 90-97 Accord 2 Dr and 4Dr; All Mdls - Sport (Yellow)
    Qty Part Number Description Price Total
    Right: 8041 1185RSport 90-97 Accord 2 Dr and 4Dr; All Mdls RIGHT FRONT $144.00 $144.00
    Left: 8041 1185LSport 90-97 Accord 2 Dr and 4Dr; All Mdls LEFT FRONT $144.00 $144.00
    8041 1168SP4 90-97 Accord 2 Dr and 4Dr; All Mdls REAR $148.50 $297.00
    $585.00 total

So... are these shocks or struts... I'm looking for struts (so if they're shocks, will they still work?)

H&R race vs Neuspeed race:
    Warranties = ?
    About same drop for both
    Price = $169 vs $195 w/o shipping

My biggest concern at the moment is the spring stiffness. I want to drive this car at up to 12 hour intervals without feeling 3 inches shorter. I'd like a 2 inch drop with a comfortable ride. I've been told about 30X now that this combo (koni yellows w/ H&R or Neuspeed) will be great. I just want to make sure before I order the Koni's at (Domestic Total* $602.55)

Koni yellows are pretty much set in my mind
    H&R race vs Neuspeed Race.

which is best: performance, comfort, price, warranty.
    Which would you pick?

Thanks! Once I get this feed back, I'll start the buying so I wont have any more questions

Neuspeed Race
    68.18%
    H&R Race
    31.82%
    My Car
    FREE Web hosting solutions

i voted neuspeed bc i have them on my car. I like the stiffness around town.

Once you get one the highway though you dont really feel anything bc the highway is smooth. I wasnt any less comfortable with my neuspeed race/agx drop on my trip to canada than when i was stock

----------------My 92 Honda Accord LX---------------------- My 97 Nissan 240sx LE----

NE GUYS, Buy the last of my accord parts

Comment

H&R Race are harsh.
      I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k
        H&R Race are harsh.
        Excellent to know. Thanks

These are shocks... Dont I need struts?
        Last edited by Pandemic; 02-22-2008, 01:53 AM.
        My Car

Comment

yea, the correct term would be struts but if you say koni yellows, everyone knows what ou are talking about.
          I <3 G60.

Comment

if I am right, the H&R springs are linear, and the neuspeeds are progressive...therefore, if you want a stock like ride, neuspeeds are great. If you want to feel more bumps in the road, ALL the time, get teh H&R...Look at spring rates for waht you think you will like
            Yeah, Preludes

Originally posted by deevergote.
            Why can't people just search OT to see if someone else posted the same random thread?

Comment

Originally posted by kmart64
              if I am right, the H&R springs are linear, and the neuspeeds are progressive...therefore, if you want a stock like ride, neuspeeds are great. If you want to feel more bumps in the road, ALL the time, get teh H&R...Look at spring rates for waht you think you will like
              so assuming handling of both springs are the same, neuspeed is more comfortable. Is that what you're saying?
              My Car

Comment

i believe all springs are progressive rate which is the reason why you cant cut them.
                I <3 G60.

Comment

^^funny guy^^
                  I do like H&Rs but the sport kit was a little too soft, and they actually were progressive,
                  I am not too sure about it this being a fact, but all the springs I've seen for our cars were progressive.

Originally posted by zack_odom
                  Yummmmm. I'm going to go eat some Buddy Club sauce with my Mugen Spoon.

Comment

Yeah, I'm looking for the Race versions of each to go with koni yellows.

I usually drive to toronto (6-7 hour drive) and I like to make it there without stopping. Harsh ride has an impact on the bladder... dont want that :P I THINK both of these springs will be fine, I'm just looking to get the best performace with the best ride possible.
                    My Car

Comment

Originally posted by mchaley
                      Yeah, I'm looking for the Race versions of each to go with koni yellows.

I usually drive to toronto (6-7 hour drive) and I like to make it there without stopping. Harsh ride has an impact on the bladder... dont want that :P I THINK both of these springs will be fine, I'm just looking to get the best performace with the best ride possible.
                      That was my trip to toronto from philly. The trip wasnt bouncy or anything at all worse than stock even with my car all loaded.

----------------My 92 Honda Accord LX---------------------- My 97 Nissan 240sx LE----

NE GUYS, Buy the last of my accord parts

Comment

Neuspeed Race Springs + Koni Yellow Dampers = Super Duper!
                        DEVOTE

Comment

Originally posted by i<3mycb7coupe
                          ^^funny guy^^
                          I do like H&Rs but the sport kit was a little too soft, and they actually were progressive,
                          I am not too sure about it this being a fact, but all the springs I've seen for our cars were progressive.
                          whats so fucking funny...friend-o.
                          I <3 G60.

Comment

lol

NEW OPTION:
                            Koni yellows + neuspeed race = $711 (prices from ebay).

For that price I can get:

TEIN Type BASIC damper is for the driver that is seeking high performance with a reasonable price. The Basic damper MSRP starts at $750.00, which includes 4 springs and 4 shocks. Compared to the "sleeve type" coil over, the Type Basic has a more exclusive set up for a better balance of suspension travel and damping force.

* High performance and cost effective.
                            * Ride Height adjustable.
                            * New paint coating for rust prevention.
                            * Pillow ball mounts are optional (on certain applications).
                            * Exclusive design for USA vehicle specifications. (only available for the U.S.A Market).
                            * Available for overhaul.

Contents of damper kit:
                            Height Adjustable shock absorber x4
                            Main spring x4
                            Lower spring seat x4
                            Seat lock x4
                            Thrust washer x4
                            Bump rubber x4
                            Dust cover x4
                            Hook spanner x2
                            Instruction manual

ONE YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY.

NOTE: (Front -2.1" max, Rear -1.6" max)

So:
                            Tein basic coilover
                            or
                            koni yellows + neuspeed race (or) H&R race
                            My Car

Comment

but the basic damper has soft spring rates and no adjustment except for height.

its a very nice ride when dumped past 3"
                              I <3 G60.

Comment

Working...
                              X