Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So what would say if ive seen a stock 91 with abs disc?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So what would say if ive seen a stock 91 with abs disc?

Well i know these guys who have a honda junkyard and they came across a STOCK grey/silver 91 4 door accord. They did a vin search only to find out it was a ex that originally cost $20,000 new. It has black leather, unpainted moldings, rear disc, abs and it is a automatic. This is f@cking crazy. Who would spend that much them on a honda! This is mind bogling. It is as if they have broken the Honda bible. Well they know its rarety and wont part it out damnit. Anyone know of any other crazy accords? I head someone talking about a coupe with black interior...........
    Last edited by 4drcord; 02-17-2005, 08:15 PM.

JDMED

buy my jdm part
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?p=544951#post544951

something fishy might have gone down here. obviously we all know that the only 91 accords that came with black leather and abs (rear discs) are SE models (and yes their moldings were still black; only 92-93 SE and 20th anniv models were color matched). and the only color that the black leather came in was silver.

the car still sounds like an SE to me. if not then maybe this was an EX showroom model which had everything on it. or maybe the VINs were swapped. i don't know about this happening to a coupe out there though. anyone else have any insight?
    1cor10:31
    - 92 LX coupe
    - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

I would say I believe it... you know why? becuase anything can be done for some money.. ANYTHING.. You can break trim barriers and such, just by flashing some cash. You'll have to wait for the car, and it will need to be custom assembled for you, but it can be done..
      --JDM F22A--

JDM schmeDM, these lights are DIY-DM.

Comment

Originally posted by dwf137
        I would say I believe it... you know why? becuase anything can be done for some money.. ANYTHING.. You can break trim barriers and such, just by flashing some cash. You'll have to wait for the car, and it will need to be custom assembled for you, but it can be done..
        gonna have to agree with him

Comment

Originally posted by 4drcord
          Well i know these guys who have a honda junkyard and they came across a STOCK grey/silver 91 4 door accord. They did a vin search only to find out it was a ex that originally cost $20,000 new. It has black leather, unpainted moldings, rear disc, abs and it is a automatic. This is f@cking crazy. Who would spend that much them on a honda! This is mind bogling. It is as if they have broken the Honda bible. Well they know its rarety and wont part it out damnit. Anyone know of any other crazy accords? I head someone talking about a coupe with black interior...........

I still dont get whats so good about it Just the fact that it is labelled as an ex, or am i missing something? My brother has the same thing.. only problem on the interior is the drivers seat is starting to come apart at one of the seams, and there is a dent in the hood. The rest is stock. It even still smells new

Comment

How is that figure so perfectly rounded off? In 92, my EX cost close to 18k before tax, so $20k is not unusual.

Comment

well the vin comes up as a EX but it clearly has SE parts. I think someone just did a fat upgrade. Just like the dooood up top said about flashing cash. i was just wondering if anyone has seen this before.

JDMED

buy my jdm part

Comment

It probably has something to do with the US DOT certification of the car. It is very expensive to certify a new car model in the US, usually at least a couple million $ for the type of volume that Honda does. Honda probably certified the SE as an "option" package on the EX because of the relatively few made vs. the cost of certification for a different model.

Another good example of this was the original Nissan Altima. Nissan didn't want to have to spend all the money it would have cost to certify a new model, so they certified it as the Nissan Stanza "Altima". If you are able to find a completely stock 93 Altima, you will notice that it either does or did at one time have a little tiny decal on the back that said Stanza. That was about the only thing shared with the Stanza it replaced, but it saved Nissan a lot of dough.

Another example of the registration process is this, all aircraft are required to have their own certification certificate. For instance, even though all 737s from the first one built to the newest ones, share about 70% of their parts, there are at least 9 different type certificates for that airplane, because there is a -100, -200, -300, -400, -500, -600,-700,-800,-900. All the same plane, all with different certificates.

Since the government registration database is based on DOT certification, not Honda marketing that would explain why it shows as an EX on a title search when it is actually an SE.
                The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

You can also verify that the car has ABS by looking underhood to see if there's an ABS control unit.

Comment

My accord has ABS brakes.... it's known as the "1991 ex-r alb" the badge actually says "EX-Ralb"

however mines canadian, i know u guys have diff stuff going on down there
                    ~~~~~~~~~~1991 ExR alb F22a6~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

well the vin comes up as a EX but it clearly has SE parts. I think someone just did a fat upgrade. Just like the dooood up top said about flashing cash. i was just wondering if anyone has seen this before.
                      Yeha but who ever flashed the cash in 1991 surely didnt maintain it for the money he bought it for now it sits in a junkyard.
                      Henry R
                      Koni/Neuspeed
                      1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                      1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                      Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                      made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

glad someone bumped thes therad up because just last friday i was going into a restaurant and something caught my eye....

it was a 92-93 frost white EX sedan with BLACK LEATHER interior. i just about shat my pants,

that is all, good story, right?

Comment

Originally posted by k-mart
                          glad someone bumped thes therad up because just last friday i was going into a restaurant and something caught my eye....

it was a 92-93 frost white EX sedan with BLACK LEATHER interior. i just about shat my pants,

that is all, good story, right?
                          haha, really good story, i would love black leather/black interior in my car but i LOVE my navy/dark blue interior that white 92/93 cb7's have (LX interior > EX blue interior), i wouldnt trade it for the world

ive seen some cb7's around but nothing out of the ordinary
                          Nighthawk Black Pearl ES1

Comment

Originally posted by TEckert
                            haha, really good story, i would love black leather/black interior in my car but i LOVE my navy/dark blue interior that white 92/93 cb7's have (LX interior > EX blue interior), i wouldnt trade it for the world

ive seen some cb7's around but nothing out of the ordinary
                            I saw a laurel blue metallic CB7 with a blue leather interior. It was nuts.

If I had seen that, I woulda done what Dom did and get the door panels and back seat, and then done something custom up front.

Comment

i like this thread. more cool stories.
                              if someone wanted to trade me a white 4 door ex i would do it. They would have to keep their own blue stuff though along with exterior and engine stuff.

JDMED

buy my jdm part

Comment

Working...
                              X