Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stainless lines with a rear disc conversion (92 LX)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stainless lines with a rear disc conversion (92 LX)

I just converted my 92 LX to rear disc. I'm looking into stainless brake lines for front and rear.

Now, since my car is an LX, I don't have ABS. Therefore, the kits made for CBs with rear discs aren't exactly right for what I have. Neither are the kits made for CBs with rear drums. Which kit should I get?

I'm sure someone on here has done this, but I can't find any threads discussing it.

Right now, I'm looking at either Goodridge G-Stop, or Techna-Fit
    The prices are about the same... ($37 difference.)

I really don't want to buy two kits to mix and match the parts!

Any thoughts on having custom lines made? It will be more expensive but you will get what you want exactly.

Comment

If I can't get off the shelf lines, that's an option.

I just realized that my friend has stainless lines on his 91 DX with a rear disc conversion... so that should provide a quick answer once he gets back to me about it!

Comment

There is only a very small rubber line, it starts from the trailing arm and goes to the caliper

ABS makes no difference besides the fact that rear discs only came on cars with ABS

This is it lol

heres it on the car

Last edited by Tippey764; 11-07-2012, 06:07 PM.

Comment

But do the lines made for rear drums work for the rear calipers? Or am I going to have to drop the extra $50 or so for the 6 line kit made for the EX/SE?
          Or worse, will I need the front lines from the DX/LX models, and the rear lines from the EX/SE models?

Comment

^you will def. need the 6 line kit for an EX/SE. The front lines are the same for all trims. For the rears, you'll need the 4 line kit for the EX/SE rear end that you are using. The reason why it's 4 lines (2 on each side) is b/c it goes chassis hard line to flex line, back to a short hardline on the knuckle and back to a flex line and ends @ the caliper. The routing for the drums is alittle different. Just like Tippey said, the ABS only adds wires, doesn't change anything to the hydraulics.

So yeah, grab the 6 line kit and you will be all set. I used a 6 line kit on my old 93 EX that had a full ABS delete.

Comment

OK, thanks Dan. Now I understand why!

I thought the ABS system had a reservoir, and that maybe those extra two lines were somehow associated with that. I've only ever owned or worked on DX/LX models, so I know very little about how the disc-equipped cars are set up.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                Right now, I'm looking at either Goodridge G-Stop, or Techna-Fit
                The prices are about the same... ($37 difference.)
                I have the Goodridge set on my black accord and the Techna-Fit on my white accord. Both are EX so they came with rear disc so I can't help you on which kit (4 or 6 line).

What I can tell you is that both kits are of equal quality. Both fit perfectly. So what I'm saying is if you can save some money by buying either/or do it. You won't be disappointed.

Edit: The Techna-Fit lines had a blue cover over the SS braided line when I got my set.
                Last edited by GunRunner; 11-07-2012, 06:56 PM.
                -1992 Accord EX H22 234whp 185wtq
                -1993 Accord EX SOLD
                -1995 Accord EX Wagon Daily Driver
                -2012 GMC Canyon V8 4x4

Comment

Sweet. I was debating between red or blue.
                  You guys are awesome. Thanks!

Comment

Awesome my rear disc conversion was done 2 years ago, I took the whole rear suspension from a 1995 EX accord and put it mine :-). Some reason I would've thought I would feel better braking compared to my FG2 07 SI.

Brand New rotors and brakes as-well and brakes were bled.

1992 Honda Accord EX My Ride Thread H23A BLUE TOP Complete

Comment

Now does these kits cover both the front and rear lines? Dont know if that was made clear.
                      PSN
                      Vash744

MRT 1992 EX Coupe "The Jerk"
                      2009 Subaru Impreza 2.5i Premium Hatchback
                      2008 Honda Fit Sport (Totaled out - Death by fallen tree)
                      1993 CB7 Sedan LX (Totaled out)
                      1991 CB7 Sedan EX (Dead and Junked)

Comment

Yes. The 6 line kit that I got (just came in yesterday) will be for both front and rear. Going in tomorrow, if I can manage to wake up before it gets dark.

Comment

Looking real good.
                          "Self Renewed"

Comment

Working...
                          X