No announcement yet.

11.1" rotor (HOR) upgrade questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't know if you figured out your caliper/rotor combonation, but when I upgraded my 99 2.3CL I used all Prelude VTEC parts, slid the rotors right on the hubs and the calipers bolted right up.
    1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

Originally posted by fleetw00d View Post
      OEM upper ball joint is part of the upper control arm. Lower ball joint is pressed into the knuckle.

The inner bearing race is pressed on to the hub. I have a 12 ton press to push the bearing off the hub, but the inner race is actually two pieces and only 1/2 of it comes off with the press. I then use a cutoff wheel to cut a deep slot in the remaining half of the inner race, then put a thick chisel in the slot, then whack it hard with a hammer. This will usually crack the race and allow it to be removed from the hub. The hub can then be pressed into the new bearing.
      Thanks. I actually watched the ericthecarguy video after, and he did it the exact same way. (Great channel by the way. He conveniently uses cb7s in a lot of videos.)

I ended up going with the 4 bolt method on removing the hub, and I re-used the old one. I want to go back in later to do some more stuff, so I cleaned it up the surfaces, and used anti sieze and axle grease so it will be easier, though it wasn't that hard for mine the first time honestly.

Originally posted by Accrdwgnguy View Post
      Don't know if you figured out your caliper/rotor combonation, but when I upgraded my 99 2.3CL I used all Prelude VTEC parts, slid the rotors right on the hubs and the calipers bolted right up.
      Sorry for the late reply, I wasn't on here for a while.

Thanks for the info, I went with the all CL parts, as in calipers, brackets, pads(they might be the same part numbers as the Prelude), I think the rotors I got were for the cb9 (HOR), and every thing bolted right up as well.

was the prelude 11.1" (282mm) rotor, or bigger?

Comment

yes the Prelude VTEC rotors are 11.1", I believe there is a thickness difference between them and the 3.0L CL parts. I mostly went with the Prelude parts because they were cheaper.
        1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

Originally posted by Accrdwgnguy View Post
          yes the Prelude VTEC rotors are 11.1", I believe there is a thickness difference between them and the 3.0L CL parts. I mostly went with the Prelude parts because they were cheaper.
          k, just checking.

I noticed how important the extra 2mm are on the brackets. Its very close

I had to bend back the splash shield too because it was rubbing

edit: installed
          Last edited by DCB7; 07-27-2015, 06:32 PM. Reason: installed pic

Comment

Working...
          X