Acura Vigor Calipers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Acura Vigor Calipers

I'm due for new rotors/pads soon. I have a set of 92-94 Acura Vigor calipers lying around and would like to replace them on my car.

Question - I'm currently have ITR rims; would the rims clear the Vigor calipers?

Yes, they will.
    My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

I've been looking for the write-up that another member had written up but can't seem to find it. Member: 'loku'?

Is there a link?

Comment

Do a search for threads with "vigor" in the title. There are a few results for calipers.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

they'll clear the calipers but you might have to shave some portions of the bracket because it'll rub very slightly.

I had some 5mm wheel spacers to counteract this but got tired of the imbalance, since the wheels weren't hub centric anymore. So i shaved the upper and lower parts of the bracket away a bit and it was just enough to make it clear.

If you have to use spacers, I would recommend extended studs. I was on the very last thread of my stud. Thats partly why I shaved the calipers also.

Even was able to use tape weights on the insides barely without rubbing.

^^^how much the stud goes though the stock lugs

Last edited by Losiracer2; 07-25-2015, 08:33 PM.

member's ride thread
          93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
          99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
          91 Accord SE 176k
          97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

If the question is in regard to whether or not these calipers would fit on the stock rotor, then you should be using the stock caliper bracket. If you have Akebono calipers from the factory, you'll just need the Nissin calipers for the 10.2" rotor. Otherwise, the 23/25/28T brackets are spacing the caliper out to the position needed for an 11.1" rotor.
            My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Originally posted by Losiracer2 View Post
              they'll clear the calipers but you might have to shave some portions of the bracket because it'll rub very slightly.

I had some 5mm wheel spacers to counteract this but got tired of the imbalance, since the wheels weren't hub centric anymore. So i shaved the upper and lower parts of the bracket away a bit and it was just enough to make it clear.

If you have to use spacers, I would recommend extended studs. I was on the very last thread of my stud. Thats partly why I shaved the calipers also.

Even was able to use tape weights on the insides barely without rubbing.
              Thanks for the reply.

Are you also running the Vigor calipers/brackets and rotors/pads?

I currently have 5mm spacers and not getting much shimmy/vibration but definitely like to go the hubcentric route or no spacers at all.
              Last edited by Jarrett; 07-27-2015, 11:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
                If the question is in regard to whether or not these calipers would fit on the stock rotor, then you should be using the stock caliper bracket. If you have Akebono calipers from the factory, you'll just need the Nissin calipers for the 10.2" rotor. Otherwise, the 23/25/28T brackets are spacing the caliper out to the position needed for an 11.1" rotor.
                I plan on getting new rotors/pads for the Vigor to use with these calipers/brackets. How can I tell which bracket I have? These are the replacement Vigor parts I have:

Last edited by yazz; 07-27-2015, 10:42 AM.

Comment

The Vigor uses a 23T bracket. In fact, you can see "23T" cast into the bracket in one of your pictures. That bracket is designed to space the caliper out enough to clear an 11.1" rotor. While it will technically "fit", it will put the pad surfaces over the edge of the rotor's circumference. You want the Nissin caliper brackets for the factory Accord 10.2" rotors if you're not wanting to do an upgrade at this time. You may luck out and have Nissin calipers installed from the factory. You'll just need to check. If you have Akenbonos instead, you'll need to buy the caliper brackets.

Comment

The Vigor uses a 23T bracket. In fact, you can see "23T" cast into the bracket in one of your pictures. That bracket is designed to space the caliper out enough to clear an 11.1" rotor. While it will technically "fit", it will put the pad surfaces over the edge of the rotor's circumference. You want the Nissin caliper brackets for the factory Accord 10.2" rotors if you're not wanting to do an upgrade at this time. You may luck out and have Nissin calipers installed from the factory. You'll just need to check. If you have Akenbonos instead, you'll need to buy the caliper brackets.
                    I'm kind of confused by what you wrote. I thought this was a plug n play mod if you had the Vigor caliper/bracket and got new Acura Vigor rotors and pads.

So just to clarify, I would be getting new rotors/pads for the Vigor caliper to replace my current brake setup.

Comment

You never made mention of getting the Vigor rotors as well. If you do that, you'll be fine. Just to clarify, the "Vigor" rotors also came on the '95-'98 2.5TL (the Vigor's replacement) and the calipers came on MANY other cars. So, when searching for some of this information, using the term Vigor may be somewhat limiting. It seems that you have all of the information now, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Losiracer2 View Post

Looks good do you feel much difference?

Comment

You never made mention of getting the Vigor rotors as well. If you do that, you'll be fine. Just to clarify, the "Vigor" rotors also came on the '95-'98 2.5TL (the Vigor's replacement) and the calipers came on MANY other cars. So, when searching for some of this information, using the term Vigor may be somewhat limiting. It seems that you have all of the information now, though.
                          Thanks for your help.

Comment

Working...
                          X