ROH Conversion DIY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ROH Conversion DIY

Will someone who has done the ROH conversion please do a DIY. I am going to attempt to do it this weekend but I feel pretty vague on what I am supposed to do. Pictures would be awesome!

1993 Accord Ex Coupe
    -1999 USDM H22A4, M2Y4
    -JDM 17" WedsSport RS-5
    -BFGoodrich T/A Sports 215/40/17
    -JDM Fujitsubo Legalis-R Exhaust
    -D2 Coilovers
    -JDM Headlights
    -Suspension Techniques Rear Swaybar
    -Axxis Metal Master Brake Pads
    -Recaro Seat

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=rotor+hub

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=hub+rotor

not excatly diy's, but close. later.
    Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

Nice . I was reading MaroonAccords sort of write up and he mentioned Acura spindles. Do I have to by those too? So far I have Prelude Vtec rotors and calipers and 90 - 93 wheel bearings. I am trying to find a good deal to buy the Acura hubs. I thought I was set after the hubs so what about the spindles?

1993 Accord Ex Coupe
      -1999 USDM H22A4, M2Y4
      -JDM 17" WedsSport RS-5
      -D2 Coilovers
      -JDM Headlights
      -Recaro Seat

Comment

anyone?

1993 Accord Ex Coupe
        -1999 USDM H22A4, M2Y4
        -JDM 17" WedsSport RS-5
        -D2 Coilovers
        -JDM Headlights
        -Recaro Seat

Comment

hub = spindle

you need the vtec lude calipers, brackets and rotors, new bearings, and the 98-99 CL hubs/spindles- the piece with the lug studs in it. you didnt mention that you had the lude caliper brackets... do you?

if you remove all the old stuff, reassemble using all of the new stuff the normal way you would install new hubs and bearings... its self explanitory once you have all the parts.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
          - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
          - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
          - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
          - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
          - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
          - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
          - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
          Current cars:
          - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
          - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

It's super easy, if you have specific questions you are welcome to PM me. Here are some pics:

Pressing new accord bearing onto 98-99 Acura 2.3 CL spindle, you'll need the rotors from the 4-lug CL as well.

The parts (those white packages are rotor set screws, not rubbers....Bahaha!!)
            Last edited by maroonaccord2.2; 08-03-2006, 03:34 PM.
            1992 Accord LX - SOLD

Comment

How much are those new accord bearings...ive got mixed answers?? I might do this but i know for a fact that my bearings are going out!

Comment

Originally posted by Ralphie
                How much are those new accord bearings...ive got mixed answers?? I might do this but i know for a fact that my bearings are going out!
                Mine were $50-60 from Schucks/Kragen auto parts, or about $80-90 from the dealer. The spindles are hard to come by, and generally have to be ordered. They cost me a pretty penny......about $90 ea.
                1992 Accord LX - SOLD

Comment

Oh snap thanks dude...i need to talk to da pops cuz he gets deals since he works for Honda so i dunno

Comment

Thanks for the answers guys! I believe the brackets are already attached to the calipers. As for the 98 CL hubs, can I get them from an aftermarket store like napa or baxters, or is it dealer only? I called my local dealer and they wanted 140! I was looking at acuraoemparts.com and that seems like a good deal.

1993 Accord Ex Coupe
                    -1999 USDM H22A4, M2Y4
                    -JDM 17" WedsSport RS-5
                    -D2 Coilovers
                    -JDM Headlights
                    -Recaro Seat

Comment

bump

1993 Accord Ex Coupe
                      -1999 USDM H22A4, M2Y4
                      -JDM 17" WedsSport RS-5
                      -D2 Coilovers
                      -JDM Headlights
                      -Recaro Seat

Comment

I believe you need 23T brackets for the prelude calipers. Make sure you have 23T brackets, it should be stamped onto it somewhere. And I think the only thing you need a shop to help you with is pressing the bearing onto the hub, and pressing the old bearing/hub/rotor off the knuckles.

Comment

well, those hubs are what makes the ROH swap work, so . . . youre gonna have to shell that money out.
                          -Mark-
                          CB7
                          CD5

And if i could swim I'd swim out to you in the ocean
                          Swim out to where you were floating in the dark.

Comment

roh

great work guyz, honda needs to employ you guyz, my only quivel is here in the uk we dont have the 98 cl 2.3 sooo.... it would be a rare find..... by the way whats the part number for the cl hubs and i can just use the accord knuckle and 90 - 93 accord bearing yes ?. ok another question i also own a 5th gen accord and wanting to do the 5 lug swap i was told the 96 > oddessey hub works ok this mpv too is hard to be seen in the junk yard ( breakers yard) but im not sure if the accord knuckle can be used instead with this set up i also need the part number for the 5 lug hub the prelude rear hub is a sure shot to get hold of .let me know what up

'' we racing or you just blowing smoke ?''

Comment

The part # for the CL hubs is 44600-SY8-A00. Good luck; typically Honda dealers avoid Acura parts like the plague --- I think they have totally separate distribution systems that normally prevents parts ordering from the other brand.

Yes, you may use the Accord knuckle and wheel bearing.

As for doing a 5-lug swap, I'm less certain about mixing and matching Ody and Accord parts. But of course the whole Ody assembly is a bolt on and would give you bigger brakes.

Here's another good resource, although I don't know that it addresses the Ody questions: http://www.accordinglydone.com/forum...ead.php?t=3970

Hang on tight, because that thread, like most of these, gets squirrely!
                              >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Comment

Working...
                              X