Top Shelf Wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Top Shelf Wheels

I'm in a search for nice wheels and I'm having difficulty finding the perfect match. So I'm asking for help. I've looked through the thread here about wheels people are using and truly nice fitting wheels were few and far between. I'd like suggestions and pictures of nice wheels that fit the CB chassis. I have a soft spot for SSR btw. On the top of my list of wheels I want to get are the EX-C Mesh wheels. But I'm having a hard time locating the appropriate sizing. Found a complete set of 16x8 and 16x9, but I feel like 9" is too much with a stock body. 4 and 5 lug are both considered. I guess for the sake of the thread 15's could be shown, but I personally won't go smaller than 16" and prefer 17".

Here's my starting example:

SSR EX-C Mesh 16x8 +25 16x9 +10 5x114
    Last edited by Domesticated; 11-21-2012, 02:31 AM.
    '93 H22A 5SPD SE - MRT - DIY-Turbo Sizing

I've been looking for a nice set of wheels as well and i got my eyes set on finding some carving Starks

Like these

What type of wheels do you like mesh style?
    MRT http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=175158

Comment

Whatever fit's the chassis. I've never used mesh wheels before, but for some reason I like the way those mesh wheels look. The way the center cap is set up is extremely nice quality. It caught my attention. I like Work Meisters. I tend to not like blades as you've shown, but I don't think this thread should just cater to me. It should be a place that displays good quality wheels for our chassis. As in no Rota's or XXR's lol.

Comment

I know you said you didnt care for xxr, but i do like the 521 style. Also, i was not a fan of euro lines, but on a clean black car, on some at least, they can look right. There is an old thread on here of a black sedan with euro lines, that looks nasty. If you see the picture, you will agree. And yes some of the Work Meisters, look sweet too.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=178069

Comment

1st pics is just sick. Love mesh style wheels.

The other 2 are pretty coolio also. Dam the 1st pic in 17 with that lip would b sex.

Op u said you wanted 16s to 17 in wheels.. but what width?
          **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
          Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
          Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

16x8 +38 offset is what I like myself. Wheels fit flush up to the side of the body.

Comment

i will second the carving starks, those are my dream wheel in 17x8 +25

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
              Originally posted by Stephen Fry
              'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
              Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

This wheel is popular here right now particularly with the dubber.

I actually like them, and if i was going for a new set of mesh style rims on my car id run these i think.
                Fitments are in the CB window too, 16x7 35et 17x8 et35 17x9 35et

Expensive though, Ł540 ($860)

UKDM 93 CB3 Page (1) H22A U2Q7 LSD
                UKDM 91 4ws Page (3) OEM Minter
                NOW H22A U2Q7 SWAPPED

Comment

Are they a try multi-piece wheel or are they just made to look that way?
                  My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

LOL, I actually hate meshies.

But I have been lusting after a set of Rotiform concave NUE's (the 1pc cast- because my pockets are not deep enough for the 3pc....)

Anywayz- Rotiform makes a sick meshie the BLQ, they come in concave and flat- they are probably the only meshie I DO like.
                    Project wagon! Much excite! 2018!

That Sedan. Purchased '07-->Swap'd-->Tuck'd-->Wreck'd-->May '16

Comment

they look great, but Rotiform wheels are SO heavy!

'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry

Comment

If you're really gonna race, you know what to buy... gram lights or something that is known to be light weight.
                        Otherwise, a lb or two is really a non-issue.
                        Project wagon! Much excite! 2018!

That Sedan. Purchased '07-->Swap'd-->Tuck'd-->Wreck'd-->May '16

Comment

Originally posted by alan lx View Post
                          I know you said you didnt care for xxr, but i do like the 521 style. Also, i was not a fan of euro lines, but on a clean black car, on some at least, they can look right. There is an old thread on here of a black sedan with euro lines, that looks nasty. If you see the picture, you will agree. And yes some of the Work Meisters, look sweet too.
                          XXR is a cheap brand and will not be discussed in this thread. I do like Euroline style, but I'm not going that direction.

Originally posted by F20A CB7 View Post
                          1st pics is just sick. Love mesh style wheels.

The other 2 are pretty coolio also. Dam the 1st pic in 17 with that lip would b sex.

Op u said you wanted 16s to 17 in wheels.. but what width?
                          Well I have the car setup to be tracked so as big as I can functionally go. I'm going to have to make the decision eventually if I widen the fenders or not. But for discussion sake a logical width is up for discussion.

Originally posted by wildBill83 View Post
                          16x8 +38 offset is what I like myself. Wheels fit flush up to the side of the body.
                          And they don't rub on the suspension? Nice. I'm hoping to go at least 8" on the width.

Originally posted by LadyG View Post
                          If you're really gonna race, you know what to buy... gram lights or something that is known to be light weight.
                          Otherwise, a lb or two is really a non-issue.
                          Not competitive racing. It's not a race car, but I've been making it track capable. I don't mind using wheels that weigh a little more. It's more of a track day type of thing for fun.

Comment

I actually don't really like the BBS mesh wheels. I feel like the center caps could be designed a little better. I don't like how the edge is so visible.

And once again I like that set of SSR wheels, it doesn't mean I'm just looking for mesh wheels.

Comment

they no longer list weights for any wheel on their site, but when i first looked them up, i remember them being a LARGE amount heavier (like several pounds per wheel) than similar size cast wheels by other manufacturers, and a significant amount more than stock. you will increase your stopping distance, cut fuel economy, and kill whatever power you are makeing.

Comment

Working...
                              X