Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post
    1" = 25.4 mm

Coilovers don't prevent rubbing, you could have the best spring/damper selection in the world and still rub.

Your spacer will add another et. -25.4mm to your wheels so your final offset will be -0.4.

Can you fit 16x9 et0?
    this

Comment

http://www.willtheyfit.com/

http://rimsntires.com/specspro.jsp

Use both. They're both not 100% accurate but should give you a rough(very close!) range that you can count on. For inside clearance, you have to remember you'll have the ability to run more wheel inside with a larger diameter wheel because of the curve of the knuckle. Unless you like bumpsteer, horrible steering feel, larger turning radius, reducing ride quality like crazy, and all the other crap that comes with moving the wheel more outward, than stick with "conservative" offsets and widths and fit a tire that's designed to work with that wheel width. As a general rule: Tire width should match wheel width for optimal tire performance.

'98 Prelude resto/mod thread

Comment

Originally posted by laz93se View Post
        I am sorry but you should sell those and get the proper bolt pattern in my opinion. The maxiflush your looking for will not work. The spacer is sacrificing the offset of the wheels.
        Yes that is the plan...I did not want this +25 offset anyways...but if I could of found them in +0 offset...I would have purchased them over these..and once again the bolt pattern is for resale as well
        F22B1 Swap. #StanceNation

91' Accord Project

Paint is custom faded. (Love the Frankenstein look!)

Comment

Just to put everyone on the same page...I bought the wheels already... However I have not yet purchased the adapters/spacers yet...I am waiting for the wheels to arrive so that I may take my measurements and fit them correctly... The tire will be a 205-195/40/16 based on my measurments.

The bolt pattern for these particular wheels is 4x100...but as we all know the CB7 has 4x4.5 or 4x114.3 bolt pattern. That is the point of the adapter/spacer. It will also compensate for the offset of +25 to prevent rubbing. Originally wanted a +0 offset, but could not find these wheels in that offset.

91' Accord Project

Comment

I'm wondering if you understand that the standard offset on Accord wheels is 40-45 mm?

This means that if you use a 0 offset wheel, the wheels will be mounted almost two inches further out from the stock wheels. Unless you put in some camber, so that the wheels tip inward, or you roll your fenders - a lot - the tires are going to rub on the fenders.

Comment

^ it's actually more than that. You have to factor in the additional width of the wheel as well. Going from 5.5 to an 8 is 2.5 more inches overall. Half that is 1.75 inches per side of center line of the wheel.

My 6th gen accord thread
              99 Miata

Comment

Did as I said I would. Got the wheels in took my measurents and this is what the outcome was.

Ended up with 4x114.3to4x100 1.25in spacer, 16x8j wheel. Tire will be a 205-195/40-50/16...I have not yet decided because my local tire shops are currently acquiring what they can for me. Other than that the steering radius should not rub at all. I tested the front as well. It was just too dark for pictures and my phone was dying. I plan to post pictures once I get tires as well thx for your help guys...this is *********, tires should not rub the rear spring are stiff AF, but if they do I will just adjust the height
                Last edited by DGOfTheCentury; 03-10-2015, 11:33 AM.

91' Accord Project

Comment

The front will stick out more. In for shoehorning.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post
                    The front will stick out more. In for shoehorning.
                    What?

91' Accord Project

Comment

A shoehorn is a contoured piece that helps you wedge your heel into a tight-fitting shoe. People use it as a general term to describe fitting something big into something small. He's interested to see how you get these to fit 'properly.'

"Rota Grid Reps"

Lol, Rota Grids are themselves reps of Rays Volk TE37/TE37Vs. Great choice though, it's a superb design
                      Last edited by CyborgGT; 03-15-2015, 05:51 AM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Originally posted by CyborgGT View Post
                        A shoehorn is a contoured piece that helps you wedge your heel into a tight-fitting shoe. People use it as a general term to describe fitting something bit into something small. He's interested to see how you get these to fit 'properly.'

"Rota Grid Reps"

Lol, Rota Grids are themselves reps of Rays Volk TE37/TE37Vs. Great choice though, it's a superb design
                        Actually my buddy picked them out for me because I could not choose between xxr 531s or this Avid wheel. He also pointed out that no one here has them so...I chose them.

As for fitments, this is a 16x8 +25 offset 4x100 bolt pattern. I found a special spacer/ adapter which is 4x114.3 to 4x100 doubling as a 1.25inch spacer. Since the factory wheels are 15s a 16 gave the calipers even more room. I ordered the wheels first to take my measurements then I ordered the spacers based on tht...they are also hubcentric so they fit the oem center bore.

Thanks for all the help guys.

91' Accord Project

Comment

Working...
                        X