17s with 2in drop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

17s with 2in drop

i going to get set of 17s. but i have a 2in drop. will i have to worry about the tires rubbing the fenders?

Depends on your tire and your offset. With the right tire and offset, you could tuck without rubbing.

Comment

215/40-17 will be perfect size for the tires as long as you have a +40mm offset

Comment

215/70 is the size that is on them i do believe.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow1
          215/70 is the size that is on them i do believe.
          That seems like a Truck/SUV size tire. What did they come off of? You need a 4X114.3 with +40mm offset.

Comment

i got them from CKYaccordHIM.

its off of a 92 accord. ill get the size later on.

Comment

Originally posted by CustomLowz
              That seems like a Truck/SUV size tire. What did they come off of? You need a 4X114.3 with +40mm offset.
              +40 can rub with the wrong tire on a drop that low.

I'm running a 1.8/1.5 with a +40 on a 215/45...looks awesome but will rub with people in the car.

A +42 is ideal.

Comment

Originally posted by CustomLowz
                215/40-17 will be perfect size for the tires as long as you have a +40mm offset

In agreement w/CustomLowz. I have 215-40's and have a 2.5 (f) and 2.2 (r) droppings...and no rub-a-dub...
                RETIRED...

Comment

ima try that. hopefully i can get the size and post it later on.

Comment

i had 205/40-17 with a 3 in drop and no rubbing. but my camber was fu%$ed. i now have 2.5 with the same tires and they run great no rubbing at all.

Comment

I have 215/45-17's on my car with a 2" drop and a +40 offset.

I have never rubbed on anything.
                      The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

you will not rub at all. even if the offset if low il doubt it, even when the camber is negative it still wont

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit
                          I have 215/45-17's on my car with a 2" drop and a +40 offset.

I have never rubbed on anything.
                          Hmm...I wonder why I have. I rub only on right hand turns with people in the car. I do have worn out upper control arms in the back.

I'm not as low as you either, as we have the same springs but my AGX keep me higher.

Comment

i was lower with 17s on 205 40's and had space to play with

Comment

Originally posted by AccordWarrior
                              Hmm...I wonder why I have. I rub only on right hand turns with people in the car. I do have worn out upper control arms in the back.

I'm not as low as you either, as we have the same springs but my AGX keep me higher.
                              Yeah I have no idea, because I have had people in the car and stuff in the trunk. It wasn't fully loaded, but it was heavy enough that it should have rubbed if it was going to. Same thing with large undulations in the road.

Maybe your roads are worse, or there is enough bushing deflection on your car or something.

I am almost positive I could go with a 225 and not have a problem. At least in the front.

Is it rubbing the suspension or the inner wheel well lip?

That is one think I have noticed is kind of screwy with Hondas. On one car, something may rub, and on another identical car it may not.

I remember fighting with the guys at discount tire who told me I couldn't use anything bigger than a 205/40 because it would rub.

Of course, those are ideal CIVIC tires, and most people don't seem to understand that the Accord is NOT a CIVIC! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Working...
                              X