H22A Too Small for CB7????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H22A Too Small for CB7????

I am currently trying to get my dad to help with an H22 Swap...

Mostly because he has the tools and he has been working on cars more than i have been breathing...
    and my F22 has a bad piston slap...

but before hand he decided to look around for a motor for cheap and asked some friends about it...

He said that the motor (H22A) is NOT a good swap in my car because my car is too big/heavy.... They said they should go in something with a hatch...(meaning a civic)

Now i just looked but the preludes that H22As come in are like... 18lbs lighter than my CB... am i crazy for believing wikipedia on this???

Or are all of the P.A. friends that my dad has Civic freaks and are too biased??

Has anyone heard of an H22 being too small for my car?

He also said that the Euro CBs that come with H22's stock are "made different"

He said we could just get another F22 to put in but i don't want to put another F in my car because APPARENTLY my car has eaten 3 of them in its life... Sounds like my car is fighting for that H22 to me.

What is my best defense to get him to go along with this swap?

Dag, I wish my dad was around to help. . Go H...
    The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Originally posted by Straight Success View Post
      Dag, I wish my dad was around to help. . Go H...
      EDIT: "Dad I not only want it but I need it," then show him some videos with comaprisons.
      The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Originally posted by Straight Success View Post
        EDIT: "Dad I not only want it but I need it," then show him some videos with comaprisons.
        Well i need the new motor... but not an H... but the video thing might help...

THANKS!!

Comment

You have not been reading enough around here. There are a gillion members with H22A swaps.
          Gary A.K.A. Carter
          [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

Originally posted by The G-Man View Post
            You have not been reading enough around here. There are a gillion members with H22A swaps.

I mentioned that but he seems to like the word of his "buddies" over my opinions or arguments...

Comment

I think your dads thinking of the b18...

this is the h22...

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
              01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
              93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
              93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

its like the accord was born for the H22 swap. they just plop right in, all the mounts are identical, except if you have an auto and do a 5spd conversion, then you need to change the right side trans mount I think.

But those guys don't know shit. put that H22 in there and beat their little v6 mustang.

member's ride thread
                93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                91 Accord SE 176k
                97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

I actually brought that up... but even that motor if put in right wouldn't be too small for the car... i mean the car isn't heavy enough to strain the motor to breaking is it?

Comment

Originally posted by Losiracer2 View Post
                    its like the accord was born for the H22 swap. they just plop right in, all the mounts are identical, except if you have an auto and do a 5spd conversion, then you need to change the right side trans mount I think.

But those guys don't know shit. put that H22 in there and beat their little v6 mustang.
                    My only problem is that he has the tools i need and i am selling everything but my bare necessities to get this motor...

And i mean EVERYTHING! I put together an awesome system in my CB... thats going for about $400 for everything...(thats about $1600 off retail)

My Xbox and Ipod was just sold... i have two sets of rims that i am trying to sell...(about to post those bitches up here)

Comment

Originally posted by The G-Man View Post
                      Ya a gillion sounds jus about right.

To the OP, read Swap Faqs amigo!
                      **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
                      Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
                      Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

Originally posted by Flatline View Post
                        I actually brought that up... but even that motor if put in right wouldn't be too small for the car... i mean the car isn't heavy enough to strain the motor to breaking is it?
                        The H22 is perfect for the accord, a stock F22a6 makes around 145 hp and around the same torque, an H22 makes 190 to 220hp and 158 to 161 torque depending on the year and the ecu you run, in short the H22 is not too small, its just right, its not too heavy when compared to a F22a6 plus if you try to swap in a B18 or any other motor you will have a lot of custom work, including mounts, axles, and a few other things.

Here is a quick list of the motors you can run with no issue
                        H22 Vtec
                        F22ax
                        F22B SOHC Vtec (good as a temporary swap)
                        F22B DOHC
                        F20B DOCH Vtec
                        H23 DOHC
                        H23 DOHC Vtec (very expensive)
                        Each motor listed is covered in the swap section you may want to take a look there it will help a lot.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=8873

"Real intelligence is like a river; the deeper it is, the less noise it makes.”

Click Me

Comment

How in the world is it too small? The bb6 lude utilizes an h22 and it's heavier or similar in weight. The H22 makes way more power than an F22 so it's not going to strain the motor...? This is the wierdest thing I've ever heard. Look around, everyone is doing it. It's a great swap.
                          Click for my ride thread.

Comment

Originally posted by F20A CB7 View Post
                            Ya a gillion sounds jus about right.

To the OP, read Swap Faqs amigo!
                            I have been reading up on this for a while... it's just hard to convine someone who has been doing this his entire life that he might be wrong...

Now that i think of it he might believe import tuner more than his idiot friends... i know they had a whole DIY and front page story about this exact swap... i think thats my next step...

Comment

Try asking your dad's friends to explain how the H is smaller than the F the Accord comes with. Both engines are 2.2 liters.

Or, you could let him get you a nice JDM f22a and then have him buy you some lovely things from bisimoto as consolation gifts.

Comment

Working...
                              X