92 accord power steering issue w/ F22b dohc swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

92 accord power steering issue w/ F22b dohc swap

So after a while of the car sitting, I finally got the JDM F22b Dohc in with the 5spd conversion. Transmission consist of a h23 that I put my Wavetrac LSD in. I had the motor tuned by Shuetuning (good ol' matt). I just ordered a few parts for the car and its going for a paint job / body work this coming weekend. I still have some issues with the swap (mainly one) the power steering. I want to eliminate the ABS and the Map sensor box. So any input on that is greatly appreciated. I attached a pic for anyone with ideas.

Note to self = Will never do an Auto to 5spd again !

Thanks,
    Jayman
    buy my shit

that does look like the lude bracket. but the F22 bracket should bolt up with some shims. and an open hole.

Comment

Use the h23 pump with the h23 bracket. Also get a prelude power steering high pressure line. That will solve that issue.

To remove the map box, Open up the box, Remove the map sensor. Hook up the map sensor outside the box and discard the box.

Comment

either use a h23 pump and bracket and line or use the f22a bracket pump and line there is not middle ground unless you do a custom line, but the f22a line youll have to hammer down a bit so it won't hit your hood.
        F22b + MP1A = mad fun for me now. . .

MY RIDE
        My swap parts list and pricing

vouches:
        Bought from: Smeagren83(quite a few times now LOL), 97lude, AZaccord, M3torz2nR, g7kobayashi, sickoffthe206 and Kurobei, Jarhead, prNonVtec4u, caserX

Sold to: Snailin91, Smeagren83, cb7dazz, Drummersteve7, Slick

Comment

I got the same issue with that bracket, i really don't know what to do. can't use the one from the F22B.
          JDM Parts for sale

Comment

I don't know but for the H22A swap, to retain the F22B's pwr steering line and pump, all you need is the 97+ prelude pwr steering bracket. that's it, no line nor pump from the H-series. I'm pretty sure it applys to the F22B Dohc since the head is the same as the H23.

Originally posted by toycar
            Braking the bank, maybe. Feeling like a boss, likely.

Comment

ditch the p/s. lol tucked engine bay without it looks sick
              4 door pimpin'

Comment

Bump old thread for a solid response..

Use the Prelude power steering pump and pressure line. The line has to be bent and massaged around the Accords rear lower frame support. This is the hardest part, bending the lines. Use the belts from a prelude, if you toss the a/c get belts from a Non A/c prelude S model.

Comment

What does A/C have to do with power steering?
                  My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Working...
                  X