N22a2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

N22a2

So heres a new idea for a swap. N22a2 diesel swap into an accord the n22 has like 250 ftlbs of torque. Appearently its found in accords in japan (or europe). if anyone has info on this engine it would be greatly appreciated because the wikipedia listing is useless. here it is http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_N_engine#N22A2

They rise their wooden pints and they yoik and sing
    And they fight and dance 'till the morning

Dont forget my MRT for my 1992 Honda Accord LX

Originally posted by deevergote
    Everything in Japan is made with carbon fiber and used panties.

That would be pretty cool.
    I can't imagine dealing with Cali smog reqs with it, though.

Comment

interesting idea. i like. time to google more info

Comment

actually its probably not that bad. It cant be worse than a mercedes 190D because that had a 2.5L turbo diesel and the n22 of course is 2.2L

They rise their wooden pints and they yoik and sing
        And they fight and dance 'till the morning

Dont forget my MRT for my 1992 Honda Accord LX

Originally posted by deevergote
        Everything in Japan is made with carbon fiber and used panties.

Comment

how similar in design is it to the f? like will the mounts match up?

Comment

Originally posted by TheNextEpisode View Post
            That would be pretty cool.
            I can't imagine dealing with Cali smog reqs with it, though.
            That is because you don't have to. In cali, you do not have to smog diesel engines. I promise you that.

edit * - Currently, smog inspections are required for all vehicles except diesel powered vehicles, electric, natural gas powered vehicles over 14,000 lbs (city buses), hybrids, motorcycles, trailers, or vehicles 1975 and older.
            Last edited by gcvphoto; 12-28-2009, 06:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by gcvphoto View Post
              That is because you don't have to. In cali, you do not have to smog diesel engines. I promise you that.
              lol.

Comment

With the right parts you could make decent power with exceptional tq, plus to boot you can make your own biodesiel more money savings!

1992 Accord EX MT : CB#2
                DIY OEM amber corners w/reflectors

Comment

Originally posted by gcvphoto View Post

edit * - Currently, smog inspections are required for all vehicles except diesel powered vehicles, electric, natural gas powered vehicles over 14,000 lbs (city buses), hybrids, motorcycles, trailers, or vehicles 1975 and older.
                  this is currently true.

there is about to be a HUGE shakeup for CA diesel smog laws.
                  it affects the heavy duty/ag industries more than anything but passenger cars/trucks will soon have to be tested.
                  as to what year the cutoff is and the specs they will be scrutinized under have yet to be solidified.

anyhow.
                  it would be sick as fuck to have a CB with that kind of low end grunt.

Bought from: Bisimoto, FuncOvrForm, HondaGuy1212, wed3k, Konigstiger, 1st2run, BillKisme, k-mart, benjerman112

Comment

That's a good point about diesel smog checks. However the part I was referring to was complications with BAR'ing the diesel swap.

As far as the state is concerned, a CB, even with a diesel swap, is due for a smog check every couple years until the swap is validated. That validation might be a hairy process.

Comment

Originally posted by TheNextEpisode View Post
                      That's a good point about diesel smog checks. However the part I was referring to was complications with BAR'ing the diesel swap.

As far as the state is concerned, a CB, even with a diesel swap, is due for a smog check every couple years until the swap is validated. That validation might be a hairy process.
                      yea. BAR'ing it would be a bitch. you'd have to find a ref who just doesnt give a shit. or one that just doesnt know a dam thing about hondas. or one that knows EVERYthing about non-usdm hondas that could tell you exactly how to BAR it, if possible at all.

good luck finding parts for it stateside while your at it. pretty certain almost nothing would be readily available.

its a pretty fun idea but one that is likely never to get off the dream/drawing board.

Bought from: Bisimoto, FuncOvrForm, HondaGuy1212, wed3k, Konigstiger, 1st2run, BillKisme, k-mart, benjerman112

Comment

That'd be sick boosted.
                        R.I.P. Veronica - JDM F20A swapped 2.0 Si wannabe.

Comment

from the limited looking i did, it appears that this motor is in european crv's and accords etc, so it may have similar mounts to the k-series

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
                          Originally posted by Stephen Fry
                          'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
                          Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

16.7:1 is very low compression for a diesel engine...
                            96 mx-6, needs work...
                            91 accord lx sedan, needs work...

Comment

Originally posted by T-Clyde
                              TQ numbers that high in an fwd... anyone sense traction issues?

burnout city !!!!!!!
                              http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...82408002-1.jpg

Comment

Working...
                              X